• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

are riders purposely avoiding froome at tour ?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tonton said:
The Giro and the Vuelta have re-invented themselves and closed the ever-growing gap with the TdF that existed since roughly the mid-80s. Even if it meant crazy insane courses with MTF every other day. I think that ASO is taking notice, and including the cobblestone stage may have been inspired by that. It will surely shuffle the deck of cards. I'd like more nervous stages that make it hard for one team to control the race. And for crying out loud, pave the Col du Jandri...
La Vuelta is not even close to that. IMO.

Escarabajo said:
La Vuelta is not even close to that. IMO.

True, but as I mentioned, they're trying hard, even if it takes having the Angliru for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :D. The Vuelta was to cycling what the Australian Open was to tennis back in the 70's and early 80's: a hunting ground for 2nd class GC guys. In recent years, the Vuelta has evolved for the better. Still a distant third though.