• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are you happy to see Stefan Schumacher back?

Are you happy to see Schumacher comeback?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 6, 2009
Visit site
His suspension ends soon and he claims that several PT teams want him and rumour was that Acque e Sapone were to sign him. So are you happy to see him back?

I guess if people like Vino are allowed back, then so should Schumacher, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I personally think he is a scumbag and because of his actions are part of the reason why Germany lost a lot of quality races.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
He's done his time and he's got the right to make a living at his chosen profession. I am neither happy nor unhappy about it.

A

Anonymous

I tick the dont care option.

Hes done his time, hes allowed to come back, but as others have said, he doesnt really bring very much to the sport. Kinda like telling us the number 72 bus to the place nobody cares about unless they live there is returning.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Stefan Schumacher is the next of the play-dumb-and-deny-everything-uphold-omerta-forever-uber-alles-variety pro to make their don't ask,don't tell comeback after a doping infraction.

He's done his time, but he ain't admitted his crime, so he's still part of the problem holding cycling back and destroying its public image (ltd).

What is it about guys called Schumacher in professional sport? Are they genetically predisposed to be self-righteously cheating ego-douches?

Still, it's not really their fault - how many other jobs are there in which it is a distinct advantage to be caught cheating, lying and being generally incompetetent than professional cyclist, F1 driver, Fortune 500 CEO and any office holder in US politics?

Make that world politics.

A

Anonymous

Potato headed freak. Without the drugs, he will do well to be pack fodder. I am guessing that he will be right back at the front with the....uh...comprehensive nature of the Bio Passport.

A

Anonymous

Maybe Schumacher could get help from Bernie Kohl's bike shop in Vienna. Heck, maybe Schumi and Kohl can start a new team. I think a successful orthodontic firm would be a logical presenting sponsor.

I'm with cobbles, these guys are uggleee.

Stefan_Schumacher_2006.jpg

bernhard_kohl_1-2826923-12460226594.jpg

Alpe d'Huez said:
Same. Don't like the guy, but he served his time. But as other say, he's boring. At least Vino is fun to watch on the bike.

You didn't enjoy the sheer preposterousness of his attacking on the Alpe d'Huez stage straight after spending the whole day over Isola 2000 and almost all the way to the top of the Col de la Bonette on the front solo, still holding on to beat the heads of state home? I laughed out loud at that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Well Michael Schumacher came back - he is definitely motorized and even he isn't winning
:)

Major difference: M. Schumacher seems like a nice guy.

Back in the day German boulevard newspaper "Bild" created the nickname "Rad-Schumi" ("Cycling-Schumi"), which was almost as good as their reaction to Ratzinger being the new pope: "We are Pope!". In short it's just a terrible, terrible paper.

Anywho, Schumacher seems like a really unsympathetic guy and was one of the most ridiculously obvious dopers in my opinion. Never an apology, nothing. I agree that Kohl and Schumacher look similarly bad but I like how Kohl behaved much better than what Schumacher did.

If any team wanted to sign him they'd commit a huge mistake because he'd be terrible publicity. Then they had better signing Floyd Landis or Rasmussen, those guys are much better and more talented riders than Schumacher.

He's done his time so he has every right to return, and I support that. However, I'm not happy. The 2008 incident wasn't the first time he was involved in doping allegations, and you get the vibe he's the kind of guy for whom it will be business as usual.

It's like seeing Dave Bruylandts return.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Man, he's so Damned Fugly, :eek: with that big Domed Head, I'm sorry there's not some requirement on looks, that he would have to pass. to be allowed re-entry into the peloton. He'd be banned forever!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
so the shape of his head should be a factor in his returning to the sport ?:(

this forum has gone seriously down. may it's time to take a break.

A

Anonymous

python said:
so the shape of his head should be a factor in his returning to the sport ?:(

this forum has gone seriously down. may it's time to take a break.

I think there might be a little humor in there somewhere...

This isn't life or death. Just sayin'.

A

Anonymous

python said:
if you see a humour it that you are free to react and live or die.

i made my mind up.

In that case you were correct in your previous post.

TRENDING THREADS