• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong media machine

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
For years whenever Armstrong needed to spin his way out of a mess the same talking points would appear simultaneously in articles by friendly journalists and message board posts written by "Fans". Heart the size of a pumpkin, trains harder then everyone, most tested, LeMond is a drunk, etc.

The journalists have wised up and are now asking real questions. The groupies are tired of being embarrassed and now are left to trolling. He is still able to rally the troops to spam the comments section of online articles with the latest Mark Fabricator talking points.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/150/can-livestrong-survive-lance.html

Blah, Blah, waste of money, blah, blah, cancer, most tested, French conspiracy etc. Nice to see BPC is sill employed by Public Strategies.

A

Anonymous

Once in a while, Lance speaks truth.

"I don't like people," Armstrong tells me.

"Seriously?"

He chuckles. "I'm not saying, 'I don't like people!' " he repeats with fake hostility. "But if I have the chance to hang out by myself or with my family or a very small group of friends, I will take that every time."

He's a crusader alright.

Also, Fabiani is a complete douche.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Sal Ruibal at USA Today was a total fanboy, but began to see the light this year. Then he got layed-off from their sports desk.

I used to feed him a lot of leads, hoping he'd follow-up. Unfortunately, USA Today has an ultra-strict "for the record only" policy. No anonymous or protected sources allowed. So basically, he could never go deep, because no one would beyond the usual crew would ever go "on-record" to criticize Lance.

I sincerely hope that Lance had nothing to do with his departure, but I imagine it had more to do with the demise of print media.

A

Anonymous

BotanyBay said:
'hep me out here, raceradio. I'm not good at the TLA's (three letter acronyms). What does BPC mean?

Believe me when I tell you... you don't want to know.

Race Radio said:
No, this is a groupie thread. The Lance thread is the next one down.

No kidding, two new threads and somebody decided to kick the ol' USPS horse again. Its getting hard to tell the haters from the fanboys anymore. The clinic has officially gone to the dogs.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
No kidding, two new threads and somebody decided to kick the ol' USPS horse again. Its getting hard to tell the haters from the fanboys anymore. The clinic has officially gone to the dogs.

Hey! I'm that horse-kicker...

Sorry, I'm not American so I didn't know how obvious the answer to my question was. Happened upon the article, and was shocked at how poor their financials were. Thought the timing re Novitzky was odd.

No conspiracy here, please keep moving...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Dogs gone wild, long time ago.

Bilirubin

BANNED
Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
For years whenever Armstrong needed to spin his way out of a mess the same talking points would appear simultaneously in articles by friendly journalists and message board posts written by "Fans". Heart the size of a pumpkin, trains harder then everyone, most tested, LeMond is a drunk, etc.

The journalists have wised up and are now asking real questions. The groupies are tired of being embarrassed and now are left to trolling. He is still able to rally the troops to spam the comments section of online articles with the latest Mark Fabricator talking points.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/150/can-livestrong-survive-lance.html

Blah, Blah, waste of money, blah, blah, cancer, most tested, French conspiracy etc. Nice to see BPC is sill employed by Public Strategies.

The article itself said Armstrong has legions of supporters and fans - why can't they be the people writing supportive comments? Why does someone have to pay them? Also the article reported on the possible stakes this investigation could have for the cancer community, but apparently that made no impact on you. Just angry at some supporters in the comments.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been thinking about this for awhile

And believe that the investigation and possible charges affects Armstrong in only two ways. It destroys his image and affects his business/ corporate interests. Period

As far as those fighting cancer, those who die, and those surviving - his foundation is simply a conduit of information. There is no price tag on the concept of hope. It cannot be bought or sold. It cannot be defended, and surely cannot be controlled

In the end we all reap what we sew

The empire is self serving.

As in the past and so the same in the future

Every promotion eventually runs it's course

Cancer survivors over time, as others, learn to wade through the BS

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Bilirubin said:
The article itself said Armstrong has legions of supporters and fans - why can't they be the people writing supportive comments?

Because the entire Armstrong era and persona is a great big con game, a great conspiracy with Armstrong as the lynchpin and driven by Public Strategies, Demand Media and the evil trifecta of Weis, Stapleton and Knaggs. His access to superior doping is all that made a fat slob into a 7x TDF winner.

Race Radio knows this because he has access to grand jury information / people involved with the investigation that the rest of us don't.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Bilirubin said:
The article itself said Armstrong has legions of supporters and fans - why can't they be the people writing supportive comments? Why does someone have to pay them? Also the article reported on the possible stakes this investigation could have for the cancer community, but apparently that made no impact on you. Just angry at some supporters in the comments.

It is clear those "Supportive Comments" are based on media talking points, not fact. There is nothing wrong with calling BS on BS.....right BPC?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is clear those "Supportive Comments" are based on media talking points, not fact. There is nothing wrong with calling BS on BS.....right BPC?

Everyone watching closely? About to see another one banned on suspicion.

Bilirubin

BANNED
Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

You can claim their comments are common cliches, but to assert they're being paid seems like an attempt to smear them. Read the article, Armstrong has a lot of fans and supporters.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Bilirubin said:
You can claim their comments are common cliches, but to assert they're being paid seems like an attempt to smear them. Read the article, Armstrong has a lot of fans and supporters.

Where did I say they were being paid?

Regardless their clueless comments are enough of a smear, by this point you would think they would start getting embarrassed. You almost feel sorry for them

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
tubularglue said:
Is hope measurable ? Is there a dollar value attributed to it ?

Yup, $5,000 per hour

dpj0qx.jpg

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Race Radio knows this because he has access to grand jury information / people involved with the investigation that the rest of us don't.

This seems to be a personal attack on race radio

I am enjoying this thread

No need to try and instigate in getting it locked

Jmo

TRENDING THREADS