Armstrong Not the Focus?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
I haven't really followed this case as close as what others had but if this is not about Doping in cycling specifically, then if Armstrong and co are found guilty for the selling of drugs is it likely his tour victories will be taken off him? (Sorry if this is a dumb question:eek:)
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
I haven't really followed this case as close as what others had but if this is not about Doping in cycling specifically, then if Armstrong and co are found guilty for the selling of drugs is it likely his tour victories will be taken off him? (Sorry if this is a dumb question:eek:)
You haven't followed this case? C'mon, you know what you know and what you think! Do you expect him to be relieved of his official palmares?
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
VeloCity said:
thank the lord there are riders like Simeoni who won't bow down. Or even better, like Landis ;).
Off subject here but do you notice how quiet Landis is s
I guess some hackers like Floyd walk and other hackers are held to trial.
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,773
2
0
flicker said:
Off subject here but do you notice how quiet Landis is
I guess some hackers like Floyd walk and other hackers are held to trial.
I really fail to see the comparison between Floyd and a hacker. Floyd has not been actual accused as being the hacker has he?

I think something is mixed up with the story, because the information you refer to as the hacking etc. was done by someone else and the information was given to him. He then posted them on the internet.
 
Sep 10, 2009
5,663
0
0
flicker said:
Off subject here but do you notice how quiet Landis is s
I guess some hackers like Floyd walk and other hackers are held to trial.
Landis quiet? Did you not see the interview he gave on German tv last week? The one where he reiterated all of his USPS allegations? You have an odd definition of quiet.
 
Glenn_Wilson said:
I really fail to see the comparison between Floyd and a hacker. Floyd has not been actual accused as being the hacker has he?

I think something is mixed up with the story, because the information you refer to as the hacking etc. was done by someone else and the information was given to him. He then posted them on the internet.
Since when were facts relevant to fanboys.

Its all about the talking points.

Glenn Wilson - what a bizarre pseudo! Must have some kind of mystic hidden meaning.
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,773
2
0
frenchfry said:
Since when were facts relevant to fanboys.

Its all about the talking points.

Glenn Wilson - what a bizarre pseudo! Must have some kind of mystic hidden meaning.
Yeah but in that case the talking points had taken a weird turn. ;)
 
Mar 17, 2009
2,295
0
0
frenchfry said:
Since when were facts relevant to fanboys.

Its all about the talking points.

Glenn Wilson - what a bizarre pseudo! Must have some kind of mystic hidden meaning.
since when are facts relevant to anyone posting on internet forums?
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
VeloCity said:
thank the lord there are riders like Simeoni who won't bow down. Or even better, like Landis ;).
Are you kidding? A mere 7.5 months ago, Landis would have happily bowed-down and played Omerta for a $50k contract with RadioShack.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
BotanyBay said:
Are you kidding? A mere 7.5 months ago, Landis would have happily bowed-down and played Omerta for a $50k contract with RadioShack.
I think he was kidding, slightly. But those days are gone, aren't they?
 
Sep 10, 2009
5,663
0
0
BotanyBay said:
Are you kidding? A mere 7.5 months ago, Landis would have happily bowed-down and played Omerta for a $50k contract with RadioShack.
And instead he sang like a canary. Not exactly intimidated, was he?
 
VeloCity said:
thank the lord there are riders like Simeoni who won't bow down. Or even better, like Landis ;).
Since when did Simeoni become anything other than just another doper? So what, a couple of doped up assholes have a fight and that makes one good and one bad? ****ing A the clinic is a mess.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
sounds like you're still 'firmly on the fence', junior re. texas vs italy's chapm a year or two back ?

ha, never knew texas a-hole =simeomi's :rolleyes:
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
Simeoni's Value

JRTinMA said:
Since when did Simeoni become anything other than just another doper? So what, a couple of doped up assholes have a fight and that makes one good and one bad? ****ing A the clinic is a mess.
Simeoni's go-round with Mr. Armstrong at the tour convinced me that Mr. Armstrong is a cancer on bicycling.

Other than that, Simeoni is unimportant.
 
MarkvW said:
Simeoni's go-round with Mr. Armstrong at the tour convinced me that Mr. Armstrong is a cancer on bicycling.

Other than that, Simeoni is unimportant.
I can agree with that, but they both suck the same, one just became a more important famous champion.
 
flicker said:
Sorry no matter how mean Lance is or was to Simeoni, if Simeoni had laid down on his back and barred his belly like a good dog there would have been no problem. It is not about the doping it is about bowing down.
That sounds emasculating, but it's what Armstrong prefers from his enemies.

So I hope you'll show the same glee when Lance is forced to do the same for the Feds.

By the way, anyone have any info on Armstrong's meeting with the Feds on Tuesday?

I could have sworn there was a thread dedicated to this very topic, but maybe it was part of another thread that I can't seem to find.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
MarkvW said:
Simeoni's go-round with Mr. Armstrong at the tour convinced me that Mr. Armstrong is a cancer on bicycling.

Other than that, Simeoni is unimportant.
That was my turning-point. It spoke volumes about his defective personality. And of course, Phil & Paul treated it with kids gloves.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
VeloCity said:
And instead he sang like a canary. Not exactly intimidated, was he?
No doubt he was shaking them down. But he only sang a single verse of the song. Because he's STILL shaking them down. Lots of that going around these days. Stapleton must be very busy.

Landis feels backed into a corner. He's lost pretty much all of it. His father-in-law cut and ran early on, wife has dumped him and is waiting for the bank to take the "crib". No team will take him. Arnie Baker is on the run from the French (as is Floyd). So he dropped a little bomb. Of course (to us) that bomb looked huge. But people have no idea that Floyd's still got a lot of cards in his hands, and it doesn't take a genius to tell that he's not seeking justice. He's seeking to gets paid.

Sal, I gots ta gets PAID!



What Lance should be scared of, is people dropping little teeny sample bombs, signaling that it's time to start doling-out the payoffs.

Round one, back in May, was Landis hucking the garbage can and screaming HATE!
 
Jan 5, 2010
295
0
0
brianf7 said:
This investigation is nothing to do with doping WADA or UCI and cycling performance it is to find out if the US Postal money paid to the team, Was public money from the Government used ilegaly to buy drugs.or who paid for them if they ever had any drugs.
If they prove that then the other parties will have enough evidence to act further. this will go on for years but not sure about statute of limitations in USA in Australia and UK its 6 years. but they can get around that if enough evidence is available.
Either way it will put severn colours of S!!! up anyone who is involved.
if proven then big jail time can be expected by who ever is the leader.
in some countries and its death penalty. OHHH!!!!
I believe that is incorrect. As I understand it, the investigation got started with drugs and doping paraphernalia left behind in Kayle Leogrande apartment. What the focus is now I think is anyone’s guess. Certainly Armstrong and Postal/Disco were brought into this after Floyd "bared his soul."
 
Sep 10, 2009
5,663
0
0
BotanyBay said:
No doubt he was shaking them down. But he only sang a single verse of the song. Because he's STILL shaking them down. Lots of that going around these days. Stapleton must be very busy.

Landis feels backed into a corner. He's lost pretty much all of it. His father-in-law cut and ran early on, wife has dumped him and is waiting for the bank to take the "crib". No team will take him. Arnie Baker is on the run from the French (as is Floyd). So he dropped a little bomb. Of course (to us) that bomb looked huge. But people have no idea that Floyd's still got a lot of cards in his hands, and it doesn't take a genius to tell that he's not seeking justice. He's seeking to gets paid.
Regardless of his motivation for dropping the bomb, again, he's not exactly bowing down to the powers that be, whether that's Armstrong or Bruyneel or the UCI, is he? Which was kinda the point. I wish there were more like Landis who would come forward, whatever their personal motivation may be.
 
Sep 10, 2009
5,663
0
0
JRTinMA said:
Since when did Simeoni become anything other than just another doper? So what, a couple of doped up assholes have a fight and that makes one good and one bad? ****ing A the clinic is a mess.
Simeoni had the guts to own up to what he did, was the first to directly implicate Ferrari, and wasn't shy about talking publicly about how ingrained doping was in the peloton. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of Armstrong doing the same.
 
VeloCity said:
Simeoni had the guts to own up to what he did, was the first to directly implicate Ferrari, and wasn't shy about talking publicly about how ingrained doping was in the peloton. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of Armstrong doing the same.
And then tested positive in 2002 on his own program. My point is he would have looked much better had he actually been clean from the point he blew the whistle on Ferrari. They both suck to me.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS