• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong SARMs S4 Undetectable Drug

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong the biggest cancer in sport !

This is what he is taking (sarm s4) This is what it does, the perfect drug.
and the name of his groupset (sram) where do you think the name came
from ?

and yes all you guys buying sram groupsets pays for the research for the next coctail.

SARMs S4 represent the start of a new generation in muscle growth. This product is the first of a new class of designer androgenic/anabolic steroid compounds called SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators). Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) provide the benefits of traditional anabolic/androgenic steroids such as testosterone (including increased muscle mass, fat loss, and bone density), while having a lower tendency to produce the unwanted side effects of steroids. With the introduction of SARMs, the bodybuilding community has a new class of compounds that is capable of surpassing the effectiveness of testosterone in producing muscle, due to the potent and selective actions specifically engineered.

S-4 (Ostarine) is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. S-4 is a compound (not an anabolic steroid) which has the ability to stimulate the androgen receptor the same way as anabolic steroids. S-4 is an orally active selective agonist for androgen receptors which was shown to have anabolic effects in muscle and bone tissue. SARMs are absorbed orally, but are not liver toxic like most oral steroids are. SARMs anabolic effect has been measured to be roughly the same as testosterone. It has also been shown to produce dose-dependent increases in bone mineral density and mechanical strength in addition to being able decrease body fat and increase lean body mass. This compound has potential use for all aspects of research hormone replacement therapy and other types of muscle hyperplasia research and could eventually replace testosterone.

Get your wallets out lads we can all have 500watts

Reactions: 86TDFWinner
Dr.Pharmstrong said:
blah, blah

Copy and paste much? Or is that the point of minimal effort trolling?

Before you get your panties in a wad, this should be a very easy drug to test for.

Small molecule drugs like this, have unique metabolites. These are easily detected by a urine test using instrumentation found in undergraduate chemistry labs.

There are only so many metabolic pathways you can manipulate. There are no "magic potions" that have zero detectability while increasing endurance, power output, recovery, etc.

Developing a test for small molecule drugs takes all of two weeks.

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Dr.Pharmstrong said:
Armstrong the biggest cancer in sport !

This is what he is taking (sarm s4) This is what it does, the perfect drug.
and the name of his groupset (sram) where do you think the name came
from?

Yeah & you were there watching him when he took them, lol, so obviously you know... :confused:

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Dr.Pharmstrong said:
Get your wallets out lads we can all have 500watts

Isn't that close to 50MPH average over a 6 hour race???... 80k an hour, Lance you little scoundrel. He must have been holding back, trying not to blow his cover. Mr Hoy step aside...

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
There are no "magic potions" that have zero detectability while increasing endurance, power output, recovery, etc.

There is one.

0,1020,633648,00.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If cycling performance were limited by strength, then maybe this would be important.

Just like the Fight Club, cycling is a blood sport.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dr.Pharmstrong said:
...SARMs S4 represent the start of a new generation in muscle growth.
These drugs have been around forever. Clomid, nolvadex... athletes have tested positive for them before. They are used mostly after test/steroid cycles but some use them exclusively to boost testosterone by -- in short -- blocking estrogen.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Pharmstrong, good one,

Muscle strength like you see in body builders or even sprinters bares no real resemblance to Grand Tour success unless you goal is to win some flat stages. If you go to Robbie McEwen's web pages and look at him his muscle strength isnt that impressive either. I can get more strength in chest and thighs after 3 weeks in the gym.

The real cycling doping increases 02 carrying, Lances secrets lie in increasing his V02 max. Like blood doping with his own blood for starters as somebody else showed a picture of. Dr. Ferrari's success as a dope guru has to do with increasing the sustainable power of his riders with 02 doping.

My mom has enough strength to push 500 watts on a bike, its not very hard. :) Maintaining that for a 5 minute effort wont happen for her, let alone an hour.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Muscle strength like you see in body builders or even sprinters bares no real resemblance to Grand Tour success unless you goal is to win some flat stages. If you go to Robbie McEwen's web pages and look at him his muscle strength isnt that impressive either. I can get more strength in chest and thighs after 3 weeks in the gym.

The real cycling doping increases 02 carrying, Lances secrets lie in increasing his V02 max. Like blood doping with his own blood for starters as somebody else showed a picture of. Dr. Ferrari's success as a dope guru has to do with increasing the sustainable power of his riders with 02 doping.

My mom has enough strength to push 500 watts on a bike, its not very hard. :) Maintaining that for a 5 minute effort wont happen for her, let alone an hour.

Also important is increasing muscle mass while keeping weight low. All that oxygen carrying capability is useless if you have no muscle to use it.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Well it depends...Sprinters want more muscle force per kilo whereas G.C. contenders want more oxygen assimilation per kilo. Its like contrasting talents. If I was a Tour contender I'd honestly spend zero time strength training. I'd ride long and hard when jacked on HGH, or IGF-1, etc but just hard and short when clean.

A sprinter like Robbie, or Cavendish will need some force though. They dont really spend tons of time sprinting because its a genetic god given talent they were born with...Twice a week is good nuff...They spend an awful lot of time training V02 max and FTP so they can keep up with the pack...And yes blood doped Cavendish will win twice as many races as clean Cavendish no question...Ever been in the last 5Km of any bike race field sprint and its easy to see you need lots of oxygen.

Rise Of The Dead said:
Couldn't we say that about every performance enhancing drug???... Due to the fact "strength" is a factor?....

Hey everyone, let me introduce you to Deadlift (now calling himself Rise of the Dead ... how witty). Deadlift likes to honk EPO and troll threads. Might as well place him on ignore right away :D

Alpe d'Huez said:
Well, you left out the entire class of gene doping, Repoxygen, stem-cells, etc. But I think that's further off topic (and may not even be available to someone at this level?)

Stem cells I don't know about...but, I'd be seriously scared about any of these things. But I guess there might be people who aren't and are willing to take the risk of death for the chance of gold.

My quick read on Repoxygen makes me think that this, too, would be very easy to test for. It's a truncated sequence and more than likely would exhibit differences in the glycosylation as well. This is exactly what enables detection of exogenous versus endogenous EPO.

---

okay...bit of reading on stem cell implantation and I'm even more skeptical.

Like any transplant, this can have serious repercussions if/when cells are rejected. To prevent rejection, you go on immunosuppresents. Not going to happen unless an athlete can give up a year or 2 for this treatment (maybe already serving suspension?! ;) ) Another consideration is rejection of the host, **by the stem cells!!**. A lot of tumors start out b/c the early life (or fetal) growth genes get turned back on. Now you're injecting cells with the potential for unregulated growth!

I imagine in 10 years, the technology will exist to do this, but I think we come right back to the same issue...there are only so many metabolic pathways you can change, and they can all be measured. I hope (but don't know for sure) that the biological passport is the answer. Blood doping remains a problem, but given enough data points, variations significant to give an athlete an advantage will result in a 'positive'.

It's actually the model for personalized health programs/screening and I think will be universal in developed countries in years to come.

Cat and mouse game for dopers/testers, but eventually...everything will have a test.

Rise Of The Dead said:
Couldn't we say that about every performance enhancing drug???... Due to the fact "strength" is a factor?....

No. "strength" (the amount of force that a rider can apply to pedals) is not a factor in road cycling.

Untrained people can apply the same force to pedals that an elite rider applies when climbing an alpine climb.

They just cannot continue to do so because they cannot supply the force producing muscles with the required oxygen to sustain the effort.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
just so you know guys..

if there is an undetectable effective drug right now, here, today out there that's been used (but not yet abused cos only a handful knows about it) it would be a designer anabolic steroid.

the op is not so much out of whack as some make it to be. hes just wrong with the brand names.

and no. not 'everything' will eventually have a test. the very process of introduction and certification of all new ad tests (to meet the very high legal standard) is inherently behind the wiliest cheaters with means. the gap can only be narrowed never bridged.

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Animal said:
No. "strength" (the amount of force that a rider can apply to pedals) is not a factor in road cycling.

Untrained people can apply the same force to pedals that an elite rider applies when climbing an alpine climb.

No they can't... The untrained person doesn't have the strength/strength endurance of an elite rider, so comparing them two extremes is way off.

Strength isn't a factor in road cycling???... How about you go & say that to Fabian Cancellara.

Your way off....

TRENDING THREADS