• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong Served? (decode this tweet)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Squares said:
Listening to some of these posts makes me think that LA will soon don a silver suit, shave his head and get a hairless cat as a pet...
bigglesworth.jpeg

He already has Leipheimer

I also received a lot of antagonism for daring to have an opinion - mostly from US readers. I could not understand why people (only a small minority), who grew up in the so-called land of freedom were so intent on repressing free speech. After all it was your choice to click the link and there was no charge for doing so. But still I received many threatening and nasty E-mails on a regular basis. My employer (the University) was harassed. And lately these nasty types have been trying to encourage my sponsors to stop supporting the site. I guess these types wear white hoods around the place at times too. It made me understand how McCarthyism thrived in the USA. Lucky I live in a free society I thought.

When anyone asks why all the hate for Armstrong, he's just another doper like all the rest the answer is in stories like this - which is just one of many.

Hate is just a logical human reaction to someone who does this to others and apparently is proud of it.