• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong statement imminent! Email exchanges to be revealed

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
The fanbase is loving it thou:

Amen. Lance is the most tested athelete in history and has never had a positive test. He's clean, been clean, raced clean, won clean. He is a true American hero and deserving of the respect and admiration he earned. He should have won Athelete of the Decade (that Tiger Woods won). Always a fan of Lance Armstrong.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/teamradio...k-regarding-landis-allegations/#ixzz0oaihlOvA

Was there ever any chance of this not happening though?

I see nothing other than Kay trying to make the changes that would get his team included in the ToC and at the same time trying to prevent or at least delay Landis from going public with what happened on Postal. There is only a suggestion by Kay that RS hiring Landis at a good salary would be a good solution for everyone.

Note that here are no emails _from_ Armstrong. You have to wonder what those would be like.

I am also fairly convinced that FLandis has someone helping him write these emails as opposed to the one that was leaked earlier.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I'm still not seeing the extortion or blackmail. Am I missing something? This seems like a monumental waste of time....

I didn't see anything explicit either, though I admit it was a quick scan. I guess this was an exercise in tossing the fanboys a little soylent green just so they don't die of self-doubt induced starvation.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
Frankly, I think this may have the OPPOSITE effect than the one I assume Lance and his team intended.
I can only agree with that statement. It shows how aggressive they have gone on the attack highlighting things that are just not there.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I am also fairly convinced that FLandis has someone helping him write these emails as opposed to the one that was leaked earlier.

Yep. Be it Dr Kay or someone else he has had help. Makes me more confident there are some people behind Landis helping him through this.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Frankly, I think this may have the OPPOSITE effect than the one I assume Lance and his team intended.
Haven't we seen that before? Armstrong is not very good at publishing revealing documents on the internet - just like his blood values, this might be removed soon.

BroDeal said:
I see nothing other than Kay trying to make the changes that would get his team included in the ToC and at the same time trying to prevent or at least delay Landis from going public with what happened on Postal. There is only a suggestion by Kay that RS hiring Landis at a good salary would be a good solution for everyone.

Note that here are no emails _from_ Armstrong. You have to wonder what those would be like.

This. The fact that Armstong and counsel would release these e-mails shows that they are desperate and their backs are against the wall.

Landis actually comes across as a sympathetic character in these e-mails and it's hugely questionable and suspicious that Armstrong's responses have all been removed. LOL at Armstrong.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
This. The fact that Armstong and counsel would release these e-mails shows that they are desperate and their backs are against the wall.

Landis actually comes across as a sympathetic character in these e-mails and it's hugely questionable and suspicious that Armstrong's responses have all been removed. LOL at Armstrong.

It may be that Armstrong's responses were just phone calls, rather than anything in writing. I'm assuming it was a phone call to Kay when Lance questioned Landis's mental health and Kay's ability as a doctor.

asnicol said:
retirement shack have had weeks to prepare and all they do is release emails which actually are good for Floyd.

I have to say thats the end of Armstrong. Goodnight.

The statement doesn't match the emails. I thought the mails would back up what he was saying in the release.

A

Anonymous

That Floyd would join radioshack after the tour and then go on to win Vuelta is about the most unbalanced thing they can come up with here...:p

methinks strongarm is on the ropes...doesnt he have any team of folks behind him on this telling him how to go about this or he is just pushing these things out himself and then taking them off?

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
These emails paint Floyd in the best light possible. Nice work RadioShack. :D

I agree. I suppose desperation may be starting to inch its way into Lance's psyche. When Team Lance starts to misinterpret facts because they want them stand for more then what they seem, trouble is not far away from knockin.

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
These emails paint Floyd in the best light possible. Nice work RadioShack. :D

...which makes no sense. Are persons unknown hacking this stuff onto the RS site? Would explain why it keeps getting taken off...:confused:

This response is weak sauce. The rhetorical attack on FLandis uses language that is so over the top that it makes RS look like they are the ones who are hysterical. It reads more like rant than a defense. Flandis' rather poorly written original email comes across a lot better than RS's statement.

The emails prove nothing other than Dr. Kay was trying to find a nice way to resolve the situation for all parties. He comes across as very reasonable and concerned about everyone involved.