• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong statement imminent! Email exchanges to be revealed

lancearmstrong A statement from @TeamRadioShack's counsel re: recent allegations is forthcoming. Will b quite a few email exchanges that r very interesting

lancearmstrong Check http://www.teamradioshack.com within the hour. Thanks for all the support.

Thought it best to open a new thread rather than get lost in the mire of the other one. If mods disagree, please delete.

Wednesday evening, after not getting what he demanded when no one in cycling capitulated to his numerous but persistent false threats, demands and rants, Floyd Landis publicly aired the false and incredible concoctions he has been privately making for years. Publicly indicating everything he has said over the last four years, including under oath, were lies, the author of a book aptly called “Positively False” and a man who has apparently decided that since he cannot be in professional racing then no one else should, Landis accused at least 16 professional cycling individuals and organizations of activity that is baseless and quite simply untrue. The UCI, Dave Zabriskie, Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, Jim Ochowitz, Andy Rihs, Johan Bruyneel, and Lance Armstrong, among others, have been and were just a few of his targets and all have responded by pointing out that the contradictory and disjointed accusations from a confessed liar are baseless and untrue. In leveling these false and baseless accusations, Landis provided selected emails to multiple journalists in connection with his public statements on Wednesday evening. What was not conveyed were descriptions of the threatening text messages from Landis to others, including Lance Armstrong, that began more than two years ago Mr. Armstrong and others, then, as he has now, told Landis he had nothing to hide and that he was not going to submit to Landis’ baseless threats to “disclose” falsehoods. Lance never has and never will give anyone money, or anything else, to keep them from airing falsehoods.

Most recently, and it was no coincidence that shortly after Landis was informed he and his team were unable to enter and compete in the 2010 Tour of California, Landis and his team owner sent emails to a variety of parties, including Amgen, the race sponsor, and to the president of Trek Bicycle, an Armstrong and RadioShack corporate sponsor. As Landis’s sponsor put it, Amgen had killed Floyd’s plan for the California race after Landis was run out of the United Healthcare team. In that email and others, he suggests a spot for Floyd on the RadioShack team. Having been refused, Landis later communicated directly with Armstrong and threatened to “say directly that I’m going to accuse you and our former team mates of using blood doping and performance enhancing drugs to help you to win the three Tours de France in which we raced together.” Armstrong’s response to Landis was identical to the responses to the same type of threatening text messages received from Landis two years ago – there would be no consideration, money, team positions or anything else given in exchange for not airing false accusations. Getting no satisfaction and not receiving a position on the RadioShack team, Landis then carried through with his threat and provided the press with his false allegations. The public has taken them for what they are worth – absolutely nothing.

It is only appropriate that the additional attached emails be provided. Even a superficial review reveals a troubling, angry and misplaced effort at retribution by Landis for his perceived slights. While these types of repeated, tired and baseless accusations against Lance have been proven false in the past, it is quite regrettable, but telling, that so many in cycling are now attacked by a bitter and scorned Landis who, quite simply, has zero credibility.

Please find the series of emails from Floyd Landis in the accompanied post below.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/teamradio...k-regarding-landis-allegations/#ixzz0oabObxxY

Roland Rat said:
lancearmstrong A statement from @TeamRadioShack's counsel re: recent allegations is forthcoming. Will b quite a few email exchanges that r very interesting

lancearmstrong Check http://www.teamradioshack.com within the hour. Thanks for all the support.

Thought it best to open a new thread rather than get lost in the mire of the other one. If mods disagree, please delete.

Let me guess. Livestrong will now support Radioshack to get the cancer card into play. I'm sure this has nothign to do with Landis. Just more marketing. However I've been wrong before.

A

Anonymous

its all pointless.. there is no way that lance can publish emails "from" landis and claim them to be any form of evidence unless floyd says yes, i sent those emails and they are word for word correct.

its too easy to fake, edit, adjust emails.. its a pointless effort by lance.

TeamSkyFans said:
its all pointless.. there is no way that lance can publish emails "from" landis and claim them to be any form of evidence unless floyd says yes, i sent those emails and they are word for word correct.

Stupid as Lance may be, I'm not sure he's daft enough to fabricate in an area where it's so easy to get to the truth - if the feds really are investigating this they can get hold of every email between them any time they want - it would be unspeakably stupid to try make up emails.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Stupid as Lance may be, I'm not sure he's daft enough to fabricate in an area where it's so easy to get to the truth - if the feds really are investigating this they can get hold of every email between them any time they want - it would be unspeakably stupid to try make up emails.

no, but at the moment its a public opinion war.. selecting sections of email, or certain emails would not be beyond armstrong and his legal team.

TeamSkyFans said:

It is not about evidence. It is about throwing mud on FLandis. They might selectively quote emails to make it look like FLandis was trying to blackmail them and like he is mentally unstable.

The situation with the emails will be very ambiguous because FLandis was undoubtedly trying to get hired by RS.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
It is not about evidence. It is about throwing mud on FLandis. They might selectively quote emails to make it look like FLandis was trying to blackmail them and like he is mentally unstable.

The situation with the emails will be very ambiguous because FLandis was undoubtedly trying to get hired by RS.

exactly.. thats kind where i was going with the post just before yours..

TeamSkyFans said:
no, but at the moment its a public opinion war.. selecting sections of email, or certain emails would not be beyond armstrong and his legal team.

I almost hope that Armstrong is stupid enough to do that. If he selectively quotes e-mails out of context and implies blackmail or extortion by Floyd he could open the criminal investigation that needs to happen to really blow this thing wide open.

TeamSkyFans said:

Serious hostage to fortune.

He might as well ring up the (alleged investigating) feds and tell them he's dubious, because they'll know he's lying the second he releases fake emails in to the public domain - more over, I very much doubt they want to get in to a slanging match with Floyd if they leave him in a position to legitimately deny the emails.

thehog said:
I noted that. That was quick! The Feds work fast....

The emails are damming. :confused::p - What is Lance thinking?

I got a snap of them before they were pulled down.

----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:13 PM
To: Floyd Landis
Cc: Brent Kay; S. Johnson; Steven Hess
Subject: Re: Opportunities

You have misunderstood our position. We are partners with usada and have a strong anti-doping program for our race that enhances the uci's efforts in this area. We are committed to doing everything in our power to have a clean race. If you have something to say about doping in cycling, tell usada. They have been empowered to investigate possible doping cases and we trust them to do it.

-----Original Message-----
To: Andrew Messick
CC: Brent Kay; S. Johnson; Steven Hess
Sent: Sat Apr 24 19:06:12 2010

Andrew,
Thank you for clarifying the position of the Tour of California on these subjects. I just wanted to be sure that I gave you the opportunity to be involved in cleaning up cycling as I have with so many in positions of power such as Steve Johnson and Jim Ochowitz but as I expected the Tour of California is interested in the status quo as were they and I wish you all luck with that. I certainly understand that my revealing that Lance Armstrong has relied on blood doping, EPO, and anabolics to win the three Tours de France in which I helped him will jeopardize your substantial investment in facilitating his appearance so from a business point of view I understand fully.

thehog said:
The emails are damming. :confused::p - What is Lance thinking?

I got a snap of them before they were pulled down.

----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:13 PM
To: Floyd Landis
Cc: Brent Kay; S. Johnson; Steven Hess

You have misunderstood our position. We are partners with usada and have a strong anti-doping program for our race that enhances the uci's efforts in this area. We are committed to doing everything in our power to have a clean race. If you have something to say about doping in cycling, tell usada. They have been empowered to investigate possible doping cases and we trust them to do it.

-----Original Message-----
To: Andrew Messick
CC: Brent Kay; S. Johnson; Steven Hess
Sent: Sat Apr 24 19:06:12 2010

Andrew,
Thank you for clarifying the position of the Tour of California on these subjects. I just wanted to be sure that I gave you the opportunity to be involved in cleaning up cycling as I have with so many in positions of power such as Steve Johnson and Jim Ochowitz but as I expected the Tour of California is interested in the status quo as were they and I wish you all luck with that. I certainly understand that my revealing that Lance Armstrong has relied on blood doping, EPO, and anabolics to win the three Tours de France in which I helped him will jeopardize your substantial investment in facilitating his appearance so from a business point of view I understand fully.

FLandis obviously has someone helping him write the emails. The language is different than the rambling email that was originally released. That is a good sign.

A

Anonymous

the attatched emails arent there...

and there are so many mistakes even in that first paragraph..

"Floyd Landis publicly aired the false and incredible concoctions he has been privately making for years" do we know that it was him released them?

"all have responded by pointing out that the contradictory and disjointed accusations from a confessed liar are baseless and untrue" have they, ive not read them???

erm.. just read the emails.. i have no idea what radioshack are trying to prove... thats just nonsense..

TRENDING THREADS