• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong to bail out Astana?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Astana to fold, Armstrong et al to race the tour in another team, Contador to ride for Slipstream..... Vaughters to take Alberto even though he is against everything he stood for in the past. Lance will get his way he is the biggest name in cycling and even the haters know he makes them money by bringing in mainstream media attention.

My sources are usually correct.

ExRower said:
dang, you beat me to it! They must be brothers, no?

Jackhammer is more like the crazy uncle who shows up at the family reunion, sits in a chair off by himself drinking beers, and rants ignorantly to anyone who comes close while all the young people within earshot look at each other, roll their eyes, and snicker. Afterwards the parents scold their kids for making fun of him and explain that uncle Jack has never been the same since the old steel plant shut down.

BroDeal said:
Jackhammer is more like the crazy uncle who shows up at the family reunion, sits in a chair off by himself drinking beers, and rants ignorantly to anyone who comes close while all the young people within earshot look at each other, roll their eyes, and snicker. Afterwards the parents scold their kids for making fun of him and explain that uncle Jack has never been the same since the old steel plant shut down.

Oh ****, so he's like Christopher Walken in "The Deer Hunter"!!

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
Last time I checked in 2005 Lance had a net worth of 52 million$, and that probably expanded since thanks to his bicycle shop?

Will he be the one who saves Astana? Is it worth it for him to ride the Tour for 6 mill?

We'll se...but if he does, Conti will owe him bigtime and that's not necessarily good...

It's going to be an interesting june:D, would hate to see Astana miss the Tour though...

Your toughts?

The 9mill he just spent on his new house would sort out the team......
_____

Armstrong and Hansen fell in love with Aspen last fall and purchased an unfinished $9 million trophy home. The five bedroom estate is now complete, and Armstrong jetted back through for his son’s birth immediately after his 12th place finish at the Giro d’Italia.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
After reading the arguments, about charity and non profit, for profit etc

Livestrong etc most likely fall under the following:

An incorporated organization which exists for educational or charitable reasons, and from which its shareholders or trustees do not benefit financially. Also called non-profit organization.

It doesn't mean the organization doesn't or can't make a profit...:)

A

Anonymous

msjett said:
After reading the arguments, about charity and non profit, for profit etc

Livestrong etc most likely fall under the following:

An incorporated organization which exists for educational or charitable reasons, and from which its shareholders or trustees do not benefit financially. Also called non-profit organization.

It doesn't mean the organization doesn't or can't make a profit...:)

that would be wrong.

the lance armstrong foundation is a charity.

that does mean they don't and can't make a profit.

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.khLXK1PxHmF/b.2662367/k.5D4A/Financial_Information.htm

livestrong.com is 1 of 65 websites owned by demand media. a small private corporation founded in 2006.

he may or may not own stock. i don't see any evidence that they have shown a profit yet.

if he does, so what?

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:

no, actually you are the one with the crazy conspiracy theory that had uci and jb conspiring so that jb would end up the the astana licence. which now looks really really stupid.

actually i don't drink much, and generally do pretty good with children.

well, except in your case.

i can't say anything to you without tff butting in and to him without you butting in.

there seems to be a **** relationship.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

SpeedWay said:
You mean another 80 some worthless posts about nothing of substance. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same. Onward and upward to the next fantasy land topic.

This SpeedWay guy really cracks me up. Why on Earth does he read this forum only to continually post how much he hates it and how we're all a bunch of idiots? LOL.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
The 9mill he just spent on his new house would sort out the team......
_____

Armstrong and Hansen fell in love with Aspen last fall and purchased an unfinished $9 million trophy home. The five bedroom estate is now complete, and Armstrong jetted back through for his son’s birth immediately after his 12th place finish at the Giro d’Italia.

Dude - you're just a little too concerned with his personal life. :eek:

BikeCentric said:
This SpeedWay guy really cracks me up. Why on Earth does he read this forum only to continually post how much he hates it and how we're all a bunch of idiots? LOL.

He is one of those guys who has his lips so firmly attached to Armstrong's buttocks that it just burns him up to think that somewhere on the Internet there are people bad mouthing his idol.

A

Anonymous

Originally Posted by Thoughtforfood
I just found out some really great news. Armstrong, Levi, and Horner will be racing in the Nevada City Classic this Sunday, and I will be there.....pictures to follow. OH JOY!!!!

jackhammer111 said:
sounds great! you wanna hang out?

let's see.... southwest flies in to san jose..

you want to pick me up or just meet me there? :D

thoughtforfood, i'm disapointed. i was waiting to hear from you.

now it's to late fly out in time... was hoping to hang out with you for a bit, watch some cycling, chat a bit. :p

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Wow. You are a douche. Still offering to fight people? You really should get some help. They're doing wonderful things with meds these days.

you took that seriously?

maybe i should have covered the whole page with smiles for you.

TRENDING THREADS