Arnaud Démare discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One of the favourites/dark horses for Paris-Roubaix most definitely. I don't believe he can win the flemish classics, but P-R seems right down his alley. Im pretty neutral on him, but he is probably my favourite of the French sprinters which really doesn't say that much.

Re:

portugal11 said:
There are (at least) 5 sprintera better than him. He won't win a single stage in tour
Cav is most prob out, Greipel is getting older, Demare has has a great season so far. Also lets remember FDJ will have a whole team devoted to Arnaud this time around, I think he will be up there and at least win one stage.

Sep 20, 2011
Re:

portugal11 said:
There are (at least) 5 sprintera better than him. He won't win a single stage in tour
First Pinot, now Demare. Did your wife leave you for a French guy?

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
Cav is most prob out, Greipel is getting older, Demare has has a great season so far. Also lets remember FDJ will have a whole team devoted to Arnaud this time around, I think he will be up there and at least win one stage.
And then there is Kittel who could theoretically win 9 tdf stages this year which is one of the scariest thoughts I've ever had.
Don't know about Demare's chances. He could win a stage or two, but I don't think he'll be the strongest sprinter, so he'll need a bit of luck or an incredible leadout.

I suspect Sagan will have a ball this TDF - I suggest that some of these sprint stages are better suited for stronger riders - In saying that both Demare and Bouhanni are a chance to win a stage.

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
portugal11 said:
Sagan will win more stages than kittel
You think? Sagan isn't the quickest in a drag race and there aren't many stages that are perfect for him, except Rodez.
I also think. Sagan almost always gets a stage or two. Démare has never won a GT stage and I haven't seen anything different from him him this year. He destroyed the field in the second stage but he was going up against a Bouhanni just returning from injury and a Kristoff who has had trouble beating his own leadout man this year. I just don't see him being able to win against Kittel, Griepel, and everyone else who'll be at the Tour.

ASK THE COMMUNITY