• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arnaud De Lie

So far I don't see how he's any more suspicious than your average cyclist. He's winning in a very strong way, but he's winning a specific kind of races, looks like he's been a talented junior and has had a relatively steady trajectory. Surely not saying he's clean, but if we look at strength alone I guess we might just quit watching cycling.

He's more successful than your average cyclist, and he is more powerful than your average cyclists (especially considering his age). So obviously that implies that he is more likely to be doped than your average cyclist.

If not, you must have a very funky model of how doping works and who dopes.

He's more successful than your average cyclist, and he is more powerful than your average cyclists (especially considering his age). So obviously that implies that he is more likely to be doped than your average cyclist.

If not, you must have a very funky model of how doping works and who dopes.

I think we all know that riders might just as well dope to keep up, get a contract, win a race at all, get a better contract or simply because they think everyone does it. Enough amateurs dope without ever getting amazing results.

I think we all know that riders might just as well dope to keep up, get a contract, win a race at all, get a better contract or simply because they think everyone does it. Enough amateurs dope without ever getting amazing results.
Sure, there are dopers on all levels. But they are diluted by clean riders more on the lower levels, which is why the level of the rider is a predictor of doping.

Reactions: Nick2413
Sure, there are dopers on all levels. But they are diluted by clean riders more on the lower levels, which is why the level of the rider is a predictor of doping.
Yep. Hence why even most of the mid level riders in the peloton are probably doped. Not really much room to be one of the best ~200 cyclists in the world when there’s magnitudes more of talented riders taking various things. The only difference in the pro ranks is the level of doping and a bit of genetics.

TRENDING THREADS