• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ASO Christian Prudhomme: Contador is welcome and can ride the Tour 2011

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
readie said:
I can give you four, all from the 2006 Tour:

Jan Ullrich and Oscar Sevilla (T-Mobile; Rudy Pevenage was also banned from the race)
Ivan Basso (CSC)
Franciso Mancebo (AG2R)

All univited the night before the race started due to links with Operación Puerto.

Right. But the difference here is that AC was provisional suspended, went before RFEC and was cleared. Which none of those folks you listed could say at the time that ASO excluded them.

dlwssonic said:
with a team like, andy schleck, frank schleck, canc, monfort, gerdemann, fuglsang, voigt, poosthuma, that would be one heck of a team in the mountains and TTT. Its now or never andy schleck, do it for your fans!

Andy can be aggressive, the problem is he is usually ineffective with his aggression---especially when Schleck the Elder isn't in the race.

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Right. But the difference here is that AC was provisional suspended, went before RFEC and was cleared. Which none of those folks you listed could say at the time that ASO excluded them.

Yup, true. But python just asked for examples of individual riders who had been excluded. Didn't specify that it should be riders who had/hadn't been investigated/cleared. Otherwise it's a much harder question :)

readie said:
Yup, true. But python just asked for examples of individual riders who had been excluded. Didn't specify that it should be riders who had/hadn't been investigated/cleared. Otherwise it's a much harder question :)

Fair enough, but that's the distinction here from every other case. ASO really had no choice in the matter.

Ryaguas said:
Dude... totally offtopic but

I think that GroudDK is DAOTEC!
I'm so freaking sure... hahaha
Reading his posts is like reading the old DAOTEC... and check his gifs hahahaha

Hey mate.

Please explain.?
I can tell myself that its a user here on this forum and likely banned from the profile, but when I use the "seach-forum" function to get some knowledge about this user and what is up and down in this matter, it comes up with specific threads with +100 threadsites and that I dont have motivation to look thrue just to find som replys from the user DAOTEC.

So its easier just to explain..?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't Boonen not wanted/welcome one year, but CAS acted and said he was allowed to race, seems CAS can act swiftly at times!!

GroupDK said:
Im not so sure that its a slam dunk for Contador to win the tour...
Remember last years Andy & Alberto was pretty ewen and in some cases it seems like Andy had a little edge, and this year Andy comes to the tour 100 % with that only goal for the season and Contador has just finish one of the hardest Giros in mans memory..

But still my money, goes on Contador and it would be one hell of a show and got the impression that he´s truely have find full support and comfort and ease on Saxo bank & Sungard..
In my oppenion Contador is the most talented rider of the bunch..:rolleyes:

Hey bro´ I would love to help you, but not sure how. ?
Im a pretty rookie on this myself..:)

The only point that AS had a supposed edge was on the initial mountain stage where Contador made the mistake of attempting to respond to each and every attack in the final 2 km's or so. At that point he had over estimated his form and had nothing left to respond when Samu attacked, an attack that AS covered leading to his stage win. At no other time did AS put Contador in any difficulty, as opposed to the stage where Contador was able to counter Purito's attack and Andy was not, leading to the controversy around Vino's failed attack leading to Purito's stage win.

Jamsque said:
Whatever. The point isn't how good AS or Cuddles are. The point is that if Contador rides the Tour, Contador will win the Tour. You can't say that about any other rider in the peloton. He has won the last six grand tours he has entered and he doesn't look like slowing down. The Giro might have fatigued him a little, but he never looked like he was on the limit there so I'm sure he has plenty left in the tank.

If he is able to pull that... well he could be the only one able to do that in nowadays cycling, but surely not this year, Giro was very though, and you cannot softpedal those ascents.
Maybe he simply doesn't race Tour and Andy will find a way to lose it! :D
But ofc he has every chance to win it, that's so obvious.

Apr 26, 2010
be.net
regardless of these damn legal issues i think it's a plus for the show that Le Tour is supposed to be if all top riders are able to compete. i would've missed AC anyways. he's pure class on a bike.

metaCYCLE said:
regardless of these damn legal issues i think it's a plus for the show that Le Tour is supposed to be if all top riders are able to compete. i would've missed AC anyways. he's pure class on a bike.

I wonder if Andy will sing Nancy Sinatra if he loses the Tour again to Contador

"I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang
He shot me down, bang bang
I hit the ground , bang bang
That awful sound, bang bang
Alberto shot me down..."

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
inri2000 said:
I wonder if Andy will sing Nancy Sinatra if he loses the Tour again to Contador

"I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang
He shot me down, bang bang
I hit the ground , bang bang
That awful sound, bang bang
Alberto shot me down..."

Loled a big time! :p

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
just some guy said:
I´m predicting a Contador BONK 1 day during the tour - which will be put down to tired from the Giro

So then he only wins by a minute margin vs. the four to six margin that is the most likely result.

Ryaguas said:
Dude... totally offtopic but

I think that GroudDK is DAOTEC!
I'm so freaking sure... hahaha
Reading his posts is like reading the old DAOTEC... and check his gifs hahahaha

GroupDK said:
Hey mate.

Please explain.?
I can tell myself that its a user here on this forum and likely banned from the profile, but when I use the "seach-forum" function to get some knowledge about this user and what is up and down in this matter, it comes up with specific threads with +100 threadsites and that I dont have motivation to look thrue just to find som replys from the user DAOTEC.

So its easier just to explain..?

Michele said:
So Im not the only one thinking it.

It dosnt sound like your thinking Michele !

otherwise you would take the time to explain why & what you are thinking..

Its called 1-2-3 in brain-use !

Its more likely that your anti-AC a.s.s hurts, because its also obvius for everybody that the user DAOTEK
was banned 25-5 2011 and god damn impressing if he could, make a new in reverse in regards to signing GroupDK 7-2010. ;)

Amazing that ones have to point out the obvius..:eek: (its not so difficult, just 1-2-3)
And if that is the case, then it says a lot about this persons doubtfull karakter, if a person have to go personel in lack of knowledge about topic..a shame-
its only sports in a secondary perspective, it will newer be an excuse to show lack of karakter..get a grip--
And sure, I wont spoil your game, make an Wooodo dool of contador and have a field day..

GroupDK said:
Its more likely that your a.s.s hurts, because its also obvius for everybody that the user DAOTEK
-

I know the term "ondt i roeven" is quite common in the Danish language, as I use it myself, but it sounds really graphic when you say it in English for some reason. To a non Dane it could probably be misunderstood quite easily.

Just to clarify for non Danes, "ondt i roeven" means being jealous of another person's success in this context.

Michele said:
Loled a big time! :p

I know, they were showing Kill Bill earlier and I couldn't help but draw the connection.

In the high mountains cycling really is like a Western shoot out, the fast and the dead.

In many ways that is what fascinates me about pro cycling in that scenario, when you have two guys or more guys at the top, close to each other in strength.

Last year was probably the best in recent memory in that regard, and I can't wait for a repeat this year.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't quite remember where I have read that CAS hearing will be in August but the ruling will be in September. AC might event try La Vuelta then :D

inri2000 said:
I know the term "ondt i roeven" is quite common in the Danish language, as I use it myself, but it sounds really graphic when you say it in English for some reason. To a non Dane it could probably be misunderstood quite easily.

Just to clarify for non Danes, "ondt i roeven" means being jealous of another person's success in this context.

Jep, exactly..
Some of the "figure of speech" in the danish language gets lost in translation. :rolleyes:

But from last couple of weeks and during thre Giro using this forum, its also obvius that a lot of users have a big problem with Contadors superiority and his doping matter, and that there own favorite riders, are getting there a.s.s kicked so clearly.-.-

My oppenion about the matter, have I stated in site 1, and dont really give a f... about the riders as idols or are a fan or something like that, just plain ordinary people who are good to ride on a bike..(if they were good to trade stocks then we could talk ;))

Jens Voight is one of the guys I allways have liked, seems reel and with no (here am I) attitude (og ja inri2000, måske også et billedsprog af her kommer jeg, som er tvivlsomt på engelsk :p)

Andy Schleck, was a shame to see the way he leaved the Saxo bank team who made him and give him the chance, but still he was cheap, so I guess Bjarne smile all over the face in this matter)

Ewen thow Contador have been the main enemy from my personal perspective thrue many years in regards to that he got the win the year when Mikael Ramussen literally beat him and truely had won the Tour, with no serious stages left and then got thrown out the Tour from Rabobank mainly from pressure from ASO.
And yeah I feelt for Contador the way that the ASO played the danish national song when he stod on the podium, obvius that this situation hurt, the same when people "buuhh" after the stage with Andy where his lose his chain..(clearly from his face that it hurts)

But have allways got a good feeling of Contadors nature when looking at his eyes / bodylanguage / mimic and so.
To me Contador seems like a respectfull person and down to earth and with no "its all about me".
Sure he wants to win´ Its a god damn race..!

But still seems like a guy who has the surplus to think about other then himself 24/7.
And i got a feeling that the hole concept of "life" was put in perspective for him, the time when he was very sick and with a huge tumor in the head, an from that almost got scare from ear to ear.

Likely that things get in perspective when going thrue something like that (dead or alive)..
So all in all´ I got a good feeling about the person Contador, and then he just seems to me like the most talented rider of the pack / decade..and are a joy to watch him ride :rolleyes:

GroupDK said:
Jep, exactly..
Some of the "figure of speech" in the danish language gets lost in translation. :rolleyes:

But from last couple of weeks and during thre Giro using this forum, its also obvius that a lot of users have a big problem with Contadors superiority and his doping matter, and that there own favorite riders, are getting there a.s.s kicked so clearly.-.-

My oppenion about the matter, have I stated in site 1, and dont really give a f... about the riders as idols or are a fan or something like that, just plain ordinary people who are good to ride on a bike..(if they were good to trade stocks then we could talk ;))

Jens Voight is one of the guys I allways have liked, seems reel and with no (here am I) attitude (og ja inri2000, måske også et billedsprog af her kommer jeg, som er tvivlsomt på engelsk :p)

Andy Schleck, was a shame to see the way he leaved the Saxo bank team who made him and give him the chance, but still he was cheap, so I guess Bjarne smile all over the face in this matter)

Ewen thow Contador have been the main enemy from my personal perspective thrue many years in regards to that he got the win the year when Mikael Ramussen literally beat him and truely had won the Tour, with no serious stages left and then got thrown out the Tour from Rabobank mainly from pressure from ASO.
And yeah I feelt for Contador the way that the ASO played the danish national song when he stod on the podium, obvius that this situation hurt, the same when people "buuhh" after the stage with Andy where his lose his chain..(clearly from his face that it hurts)

But have allways got a good feeling of Contadors nature when looking at his eyes / bodylanguage / mimic and so.
To me Contador seems like a respectfull person and down to earth and with no "its all about me".
Sure he wants to win´ Its a god damn race..!

But still seems like a guy who has the surplus to think about other then himself 24/7.
And i got a feeling that the hole concept of "life" was put in perspective for him, the time when he was very sick and with a huge tumor in the head, an from that almost got scare from ear to ear.

Likely that things get in perspective when going thrue something like that (dead or alive)..
So all in all´ I got a good feeling about the person Contador, and then he just seems to me like the most talented rider of the pack / decade..and are a joy to watch him ride :rolleyes:

I obviously have the same perspective about the Rasmussen and Schleck thing but after getting to know Contador, especially during this Giro, he just seems like the classiest guy Riis has had since Jalabert. The way Tiralongo won was really the highlight of this Giro for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew39Pwlw1zA

inri2000 said:
I obviously have the same perspective about the Rasmussen and Schleck thing but after getting to know Contador, especially during this Giro, he just seems like the classiest guy Riis has had since Jalabert. The way Tiralongo won was really the highlight of this Giro for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew39Pwlw1zA

I fully agree and yeah the more I see it, the more pure and genuine it seems from Contador and obvius from the Contadors face, that he is really kicking it, to acchive and make sure that Tiralongo kan keep his lead to the finishline.

And Tiralongo´s face when he crossing the line, just says it all..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpwkr2Kb0pU

And yeah, Jalabert was one classy rider when I followed him under his time with Riis, he just carried himself with respect, not to confuse with arrogance.-..

forgive me if Im wrong - but I was of the understanding that in the past the ASO simply threatened to 'uninvite' the whole team if said rider didnt pull out .... so the teams really had no choice.

Now - with the pro-tour and new rules, the ASO HAS to invite Saxo, so cant threaten them really ...

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Contador has said that he won't decide until he's rested for two weeks, then decides if he is fit to race the Tour for the win. It turns out that he'll use hard facts for the decision, testing his lactic acid, climbing speed and power generated. I guess if he doesn't like his numbers, he'll go for the Vuelta instead. Google Translated

It will therefore be a decision that affects the physical appearance of the riderr. A trained Contadort as a trainer Valencia, Pepe Martí, and strategically directed Bjarne Riis. And there is some concern about the accumulation of miles and stretches of difference that has faced the rider in the Giro. Too hectic, which requires an analysis.

The best cyclist in the world will pass a test to measure average speed of ascent (the number of meters per hour uphill battle, its scale is around 1,850 meters-), levels of lactic acid (the body thermometer that anticipates the fatigue ) and power in watts.

http://www.abc.es/20110602/deportes/abcp-contador-resetea-20110602.html