• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Aussie Champion Phil Anderson says cycling is "full of drugs"

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
DarkSideStef
12 minutes ago
What the heck is this? The most ignorant discussion ever...

Mr. Anderson, 20-30 years ago was much worse than today or even the 90's and you know it , you hypocrite.

EPO is way safer than your sh.t stimulants... ever heard of the Black Queen? Or perhaps you were more of a Pot Belge guy. HAH

This comment from under the u tube video. As I have said before if the cyclist has doped himself once he probably doped his whole career.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
DarkSideStef
12 minutes ago
What the heck is this? The most ignorant discussion ever...

Mr. Anderson, 20-30 years ago was much worse than today or even the 90's and you know it , you hypocrite.

EPO is way safer than your sh.t stimulants... ever heard of the Black Queen? Or perhaps you were more of a Pot Belge guy. HAH

This comment from under the u tube video. As I have said before if the cyclist has doped himself once he probably doped his whole career.

Pot calling the kettle black.
though neither are safe amphetamine is much safer than epo by a large margin epo is more effective though.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
though neither are safe amphetamine is much safer than epo by a large margin epo is more effective though.

Later tonight I will have a seance and channel Tommie Simpson, Marc de Meyer

the 20 dutch cyclists that died from EPO sluggish blood. Both dangerous, anyone who would use amphetamines and ephedra would most likely not draw the line with EPO,HGH,STEROIDS,CLEN if available, in my opinion.

POT BELGE what is that,cocaine,alcohol and herion mixed?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Later tonight I will have a seance and channel Tommie Simpson, Marc de Meyer

the 20 dutch cyclists that died from EPO sluggish blood. Both dangerous, anyone who would use amphetamines and ephedra would most likely not draw the line with EPO,HGH,STEROIDS,CLEN if available, in my opinion.

POT BELGE what is that,cocaine,alcohol and herion mixed?

Oh sorry that is a Bromptons Cocktail, same as pot belge I think.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Thanks. Looks like my son will need to get happy kicking a soccer ball (being that Americans have almost no chance of turning pro). No way am I letting him near our sport.

Its OK he is safe. I just spoke with an ex-pro 3XTdF champ and he told me after the Novitzky investigation and subsequent 25 yrs. to life that Mr. A and Mr. B and all their associates receive pro cycling will be as safe and drug free as say a nice game of tiddley winks.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
imagine an old aussie upsetting Flickie with some reading between the lines required in an interview....:D

this is fun:D

anyone got an interview with alan piper to really get things going..:rolleyes:

BotanyBay said:
Thanks. Looks like my son will need to get happy kicking a soccer ball (being that Americans have almost no chance of turning pro). No way am I letting him near our sport.

I think that's a good plan. I would also recommend lacrosse for a sport that one can play in college with little to no pro opportunities. Regarding the kids, I raced the Santa Cruz crit early this past summer in the Elite 3's and saw a very young Junior who was strong enough to race in our field get shouldered into a curb by some jag-off, crash and break his collar bone. The kid was probably 16ish and about 95 pounds and he for some reason had run afoul of some hopped-up mid-20's crit thug who was willing to give it all for his $20.00 podium pay-out.

I will not let my kids race on the road, that is for sure. Maybe I'll let them race CX or MTB, definitely not the road though.

Anyway, on point to Anderson: he was Armstrong's mentor back when they were both on Motorola during the tragic Fabio Casartelli Tour. '97 I think it was or maybe '96. Anderson is the guy who said back then that Armstrong would never win a Tour after shepherding him over the mountains off the back of the autobus. Said Lance couldn't TT or climb but would make a good stage hunter. Pretty interesting that Phil now says good things will come of the Armstrong investigation long term. I kind of have my doubts. I thought good things would come of the Festina affair but here are we are doing the same thing 12 years later.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
I think that's a good plan. I would also recommend lacrosse for a sport that one can play in college with little to no pro opportunities. Regarding the kids, I raced the Santa Cruz crit early this past summer in the Elite 3's and saw a very young Junior who was strong enough to race in our field get shouldered into a curb by some jag-off, crash and break his collar bone. The kid was probably 16ish and about 95 pounds and he for some reason had run afoul of some hopped-up mid-20's crit thug who was willing to give it all for his $20.00 podium pay-out.

I will not let my kids race on the road, that is for sure. Maybe I'll let them race CX or MTB, definitely not the road though.

Anyway, on point to Anderson: he was Armstrong's mentor back when they were both on Motorola during the tragic Fabio Casartelli Tour. '97 I think it was or maybe '96. Anderson is the guy who said back then that Armstrong would never win a Tour after shepherding him over the mountains off the back of the autobus. Said Lance couldn't TT or climb but would make a good stage hunter. Pretty interesting that Phil now says good things will come of the Armstrong investigation long term. I kind of have my doubts. I thought good things would come of the Festina affair but here are we are doing the same thing 12 years later.

the difference between Festina and Armstrong is the internet and the media. the media are aware what is known from the publics point of view via forums and comment sections in their own papers.

I think the Festina thing was seen as a French problem only and people behind the scenes, apart from the French, did nothing but keep a lower profile, till LA rubbed everyones face in epo again.

Festina was a team whereas Armstrong is seen as more and also more people and agencies want to see Armstrong and the PED dealing get taken down hard.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
"Some things which haven't been correctly done there (the UCI)"

You can get the full segment here:

http://www.goodoiltv.com/drug-peddlers/

"I'm glad I retired when I did"

Thanks for the link - although it was not a very enlightning 25 minutes.

I sent this comment in to their site to correct their statistics - it is awaiting 'moderation':
The statistics quoted include samples which are used for the Biological passport only. Which, according to the UCI website were 10,603 samples in 2009.
Taking that figure away from the WADA numbers that were quoted (21,835) would leave 11,232. So the percentage of positives from the 318 AAFs would be 2.83%.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
BikeCentric said:

'Cause there's no dopping in any other dicipline in cycling other than road?

Or to avoid the d*ckheads in the crit scene?

Doping in cycling is now so endemic that you can't pick a good apple out of the rotten barrel. I noticed you didn't mention track... Sad news. Good luck with your kids...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
The kid was probably 16ish and about 95 pounds and he for some reason had run afoul of some hopped-up mid-20's crit thug who was willing to give it all for his $20.00 podium pay-out.

In my days, the Cat3's hated it when us juniors showed up, as several of us could routinely place (and often win). Too bad about the 95 pounder though. My crashing experiences with Cat3's usually involved me landing on a big pile of cussing bodies, and the broke my fall nicely.

But back to why I'm not going to steer my son towards this sport. Despite the physically healthy aspect of riding, I think that there is so much about it that is unhealthy. Its a sport that requires one to be rather "out of balance" with the rest of life. In regards to doping, a lot of these guys are so dysfunctionally entwined into bike racing that I just don't want my kid to become that kind of sports bum.

TRENDING THREADS