• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bahati deliberately crashed out?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Hey, I really enjoy your "I am an 'in the know' poser" persona. I would really like it if you put more "in the hooks" kind of references in all of your posts. It really makes it seem like you might be something more than some loser douchbag Fred who can talk the talk...even though it is painfully obvious you are not. Just a tip.

Tip for you oh thoughtful one:

What annoys one is what one is.

Perhaps I'm drawn to these forums to set all you deluded internet nerds straight- cos I am so desperate to be respected?

That must annoy you!

A

Anonymous

Ferdinand Artichoke said:
Tip for you oh thoughtful one:

What annoys one is what one is.

Perhaps I'm drawn to these forums to set all you deluded internet nerds straight- cos I am so desperate to be respected?

That must annoy you!

People with facades don't annoy me, they make me sad. You are here to try to make yourself feel better. Too bad your pursuit is a psychological short bus form of manipulation better suited to 12 year old adolscent boys. Keep up the obvious work!

A

Anonymous

Hey man, no charge for the psychotherapy. I couldn't in good conscience charge someone with such an obvious lack of introspection because people like you aren't capable of learning the practice of honest self appraisal. Just have your loved ones read my posts. Water seeks it's own level, but maybe they are not as far gone as are you.

A

Anonymous

Apologies to everyone.
I am very very sorry. Especially to you FoodforThought.:eek:

Maybe we can be friends- I am holding out an olive branch.

Lets hug and make up, buddy!?;)

I don't let interweb conversation get under my skin too much. I give as good as I get, but I don't lose sleep over anything anyone writes on the interwebs...well, except when they threaten to fly to my city, kill me and then sexually assault my wife. I took that kind of personally, but it didn't really scare me. I have a big gun. ANYWAY, water under the bridge.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I don't let interweb conversation get under my skin too much. I give as good as I get, but I don't lose sleep over anything anyone writes on the interwebs...well, except when they threaten to fly to my city, kill me and then sexually assault my wife. I took that kind of personally, but it didn't really scare me. I have a big gun. ANYWAY, water under the bridge.

ha harrr!!!
I was being sarcastic!!! I am not sorry at all!!!

I pity it didn't get under your skin though....- hmmm ...if it didn't, why were you so nasty... I mean... the things you said about my mum,... really hurtful.

Did someone really threaTEN TO DO ALL THAT STUFF? Whoops cap lock

Maybe they were crazy?- Or maybe you upset them.... what city do you live in?

A

Anonymous

ha harrr!!!

I pity it didn't get under your skin though....- hmmm ...if it didn't, why were you so nasty... I mean... the things you said about my mum,... really hurtful.

Well good for you! Hey, the things I said about your mom were not just things I said, they were things I did.

As for you getting under my skin. I assure you that your trolling is not nearly as good as that of several others I have seen here. Don't pat yourself on the back dude, you really aren't that good.

And yes, someone did threaten those things...right here on this here forum. It was some fat guy from Ohio who races Cat 3 cycling tours. As to the city thing, I will just have to let you guess...its super secret.....I hide it from everyone except for everyone who frequents these forums.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
This link shows the events more in detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp5pS-Zzwk

It appears he took out Bahati and one of his teammates.

He even looks behind him after the swerve to make sure he did his "job"!

Sorry if this is old news but first time I've seen it.
That guy should be banned for 4 years.

If doping harms only the individual, yet robs others of a chance for victory, then this douchbag's action no only rob others of that same chance but also delivers intentional bodily harm!

I would also bring criminal assault charges against him (just like what happened with Marty McSorely in the NHL a few years back!).

Yeah...this douche needs to pay big time.
Again, sorry if this is all water under the bridge...

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
ha harrr!!!

That's low man. Do you start fights then kick someone in the nuts and runaway?

A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
That's low man. Do you start fights then kick someone in the nuts and runaway?

He actually sent me a friend request. I accepted only to find out that he was being a great big meanie! I am crushed...:mad:.......okay, I got over it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
It's clear to me the "maneuver" by Keough was intentional. The deliberate actions of Keough took Bahati out. Keough should be banned for life. Punk.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
... yes, someone did threaten those things...right here on this here forum.

edited by mod

Thoughtforfood said:
I assure you that your trolling ....

it's not all trolling:
- I do believe the Keogh Bahati incident is not a 100% clear cut case of one guy just coming along and doing the wrong thing. Sure it was a nasty ending for many guys... not fair to be in a race when that stuff goes down.
But if people think Keogh should get banned... then there should be an investigation to see what other riders contributed. Comments by the race winner who was there for more than just a few camera shots confirm this

edited by mod

edited by mod

it's not all trolling:
- I do believe the Keogh Bahati incident is not a 100% clear cut case of one guy just coming along and doing the wrong thing. Sure it was a nasty ending for many guys... not fair to be in a race when that stuff goes down.
But if people think Keogh should get banned... then there should be an investigation to see what other riders contributed. Comments by the race winner who was there for more than just a few camera shots confirm this

edited by mod

I'm curious as to how someone who consistently makes posts that the mod's decide need editing is still allowed to continue to post here? He obviously does not respect the mod's nor his fellow forum members.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I'm curious as to how someone who consistently makes posts that the mod's decide need editing is still allowed to continue to post here? He obviously does not respect the mod's nor his fellow forum members.

+1 I was wondering the same thing...what gives?

fatandfast said:
Papp I didn't know you did NCL. Did you ever meet Franco Harris? I always thought Miller looked like Russel Crowe He was a very well liked guy around S.Cal

Sure, of course I met Franco. I rode for his team for 2-3 years (I don't remember when our last season was). He was a great owner and always paid our wages on-time, in-full.

You know, I never thought about it before, but yeah, Miller did look like Russell Crowe! Too funny. He was a hard-as* though. I remember he never liked anyone looking at his gears when racing the track, and god help the rider who actually asked him what ratio he had put on for the mass-start events! lol :D

Last time I saw him was in 2002, I think, when he was w/ Mercury.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Armageddon

Marcotte evades Bahati attack

20100509_122439_PN09-BIKe.jpg

CYCLING: Phoenix resident holds off expert sprinter to win Pro race at LB Bike Festival.

LONG BEACH - Eric Marcotte wasn't sure how much of a lead he held over sprinter extraordinaire Rahsaan Bahati as the two turned east off Pacific Avenue and onto Broadway for the final time Saturday, with a little over 200 meters between themselves and the finish line of the Long Beach Bicycle Grand Prix.

"Fifteen, 20 meters," he guessed at his slim advantage. "Maybe 10 or 15."

Marcotte and Bahati got to the front for the final lap and put down the hammer near Turn 5 at Fourth and Pacific.

The truth is, he had other things to worry about, things like holding off Bahati as they pedaled furiously to the finish of the Pro 1/2 race, Saturday's marquee event at the 2nd annual Long Beach Bike Festival.

"I didn't want to look behind me," the Phoenix resident said, "not when you've got a big doberman chasing you."

More: http://www.presstelegram.com/sports/ci_15048755