• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Bahrain

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think Colbrelli finishing 3rd on the stage today with that profile is the most obviously juiced ride ever in cycling.

This guy is a sprinter and he out climbed on HC cand cat 1 climbs Guillaume Martin (55kg), nairo quintana, sergio Higuita, Mike woods, Ruben guereirro etc. Just embarrassing.
Then look at 80kg José Gutiérrez finishing top 3 or top 5 on every single mountain stage of the 2005 Giro, finishing with freaking SD Piepli on Monte Bondone.

Mot obvious juiced ever is a bit of a hyperbole, there have been lots of really crazy performances over the years.

Even the commentators were absolutely baffled why he was pushing on uphill after securing the green jersey points. Just has spare energy to burn I guess. Can't imagine how KotM contender Poels must feel at the dinner table tonight.

Maybe it's like the height of the EPO years where riders had to jump on a hometrainer during the night because their blood got so thick if their heartrate dropped they could die. So Colbrelli & the Bharain guys are riding hard as hell to keep their heartrate up.

I'm only half kidding.

In fact considering the fact we don't even know how or why these teams (especially UAE & Bahrain) are so juiced up to their eyeballs, I wouldn't even discount the unrestricted use of EPO "if" they've got a free pass to use the stuff (due to political influence), pretty much like Armstrong had in the early 2000's.

Reactions: Roku
I don't know why everyone is acting like Colbrelli's ride yesterday was so surprising. Mohoric and Teuns had won their stages, and it was Sonny's turn. If anything, he was a disappointment in that he only finished third. Quite disappointing for a B-V rider on a mountain stage in 2021.

Mod hat on:

The rules of the forum forbid discussion of politics except under very specific circumstances and we have little to no wiggle room on this. I've deleted several posts, some from users who I'm sure are well aware of this rule. Please do not continue that discussion.

Cheers,

KB.

No Padun for the Olympics, they're taking checks notes "Anatoliy Budyak" instead.
all the padun stories just paint a larger picture, how much more over the top he went to get shut down like that, its like he is in witness protection program, hes gotta dissapear for couple of years to later emerge in one of the smaller italian teams as marco padunio

TRENDING THREADS