• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Bahrain

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am calm, I understood the joke and your point of view, it's just that I disagree with it, because if we follow your reasoning then some teams shouldn' t ride, and i don't think that UAE (with one rider definitely stronger than his teammates, even though this year there was also a step up in performances from other riders ) would be the only one with problems, since there are atleast 3 to 4 teams that have almost the whole roster flying, so this is the reasoning that I followed writing that post before.
My view is that unless there is something found, they should be allowed to ride.

Bahrain playing the witch-hunt card, however from my understanding, whatever evidence they must have would have to be compelling enough to convince the necessary authorities of the respective countries before they send delta force round kicking doors in.

Maybe a few judges checked the watts on Vayer's twitter account and thought holy *** these lads must be up to something.

Bruyneel is the one making the accusation towards Antonie I believe;

'He's not fed up because he's the one who started it all last year by constantly accusing Bahrain. (I'm not saying there is nothing, maybe they will find something). But a character like Vayer is poison for the sport. He did the same with Quintana by the way.'

Reactions: Lui98 and Rackham
Seems odd that one team is being targeted so much. I guess if there’s some sort of evidence they’ll do what they can to stop them, but nobody’s dumb enough to believe they’re the only team flying high. I’m sure lots of riders on other teams are sweating right now.

Seems odd that one team is being targeted so much. I guess if there’s some sort of evidence they’ll do what they can to stop them, but nobody’s dumb enough to believe they’re the only team flying high. I’m sure lots of riders on other teams are sweating right now.
It will be interesting to see what happens. Last year there was much ado about friggin' legal muscle relaxants.

PC on the eve of the Tour:
Primoz: "I don't know what happened but someone must have left these substances in my room. Maybe Tadej? It's an unfair DQ and not my fault, I always keep this stuff hidden."
Tadej: "I used these substances to heal my dog and didn't know these were illegal. It's my doctor's fault, he didn't inform me. I never dope on the eve of the Tour so this DQ makes no sense."

VAyer has a role in it. he has contacts in France, he's been involved in anti doping investigations before. he has an axe to grind too. he must keep shouting to stay afloat, to still pretend he's got a role in a world that left him out. he's toxic, but ome people still listen to him

VAyer has a role in it. he has contacts in France, he's been involved in anti doping investigations before. he has an axe to grind too. he must keep shouting to stay afloat, to still pretend he's got a role in a world that left him out. he's toxic, but ome people still listen to him

He's got friends in 'high places' as well, like his activism in La France insoumise political party (among people who often have an axe to grind with pro-cycling).

This 'police operation' reeks of gunboat diplomacy, i.e. shooting across the bow of the most publicly viewed 'suspect' team from last year's Tour just to send a message to everyone else in the peloton.

With each hour that passes without any tangible news or evidence emerging (especially since the police found diddly-squat last year in the raids during the TdF), it simply reiterates my belief this is just a shallow spectacle.

He's got friends in 'high places' as well, like his activism in La France insoumise political party (among people who often have an axe to grind with pro-cycling).

This 'police operation' reeks of gunboat diplomacy, i.e. shooting across the bow of the most publicly viewed 'suspect' team from last year's Tour just to send a message to everyone else in the peloton.

With each hour that passes without any tangible news or evidence emerging (especially since the police found diddly-squat last year in the raids during the TdF), it simply reiterates my belief this is just a shallow spectacle.
Perhaps this time we will find the dreaded ... NSAIDs and vitamins!

Imagine being this incompetent that you actually feel that Vayer is a resonable source.
That said, if Europol got involved they probably need some more evidence, but this seems like your typical French smokeshow.
Say what you want about the Italians, but when there is an Italian police raid people get busted.

Copenhagen Police search rooms of Tour de France team

Based on a rogatory letter of request from the French authorities, the Copenhagen Police have carried out a search at the hotel of the cycling team Bahrain Victorious.

The search was carried out from 5.30am this morning at a hotel in Brøndby, a suburb of Copenhagen. The Copenhagen Police have searched the rooms and cars used by Bahrain Victorious.

The search is part of a French investigation, and French police officers have assisted their Danish colleagues as observers.

"Based on a request from the French police, as part of an ongoing investigation in France, we have carried out a search at a hotel in Brøndby. We have no further information about the operation, and I shall refer you to the French police for more about the investigation itself,” says Dannie Rise, chief superintendent.

Imagine being this incompetent that you actually feel that Vayer is a resonable source.
That said, if Europol got involved they probably need some more evidence, but this seems like your typical French smokeshow.
Say what you want about the Italians, but when there is an Italian police raid people get busted.

Don't shoot the messenger.

What I think about Vayer doesn't matter, but he gets quoted as a legitimate source on French TV channels & in supposedly serious newspapers as well. It's the world we live in.

As for Bahrain, this is a sh*t situation if it continues during the TdF. Either the police have something, or they don't.

Last year they clearly found nothing. We'd know already if they had.

Reactions: LosBrolin
Are they thinking that Bahrain's mindset is "Now that we've been raided for 2 or 3 times now it's safe to move our stash in with us to the hotels, no one is going to raid us again"?

It seems as a PR investigation: shady team raided multiple times by authorities, it's a sign they are working hard to keep the sport clean and nothing is found. Cycling is cleaner now folks, no doubt about that

check THIS about Vayer-Festinaboy and his pals. send it to everyone you know

Are they thinking that Bahrain's mindset is "Now that we've been raided for 2 or 3 times now it's safe to move our stash in with us to the hotels, no one is going to raid us again"?

It seems as a PR investigation: shady team raided multiple times by authorities, it's a sign they are working hard to keep the sport clean and nothing is found. Cycling is cleaner now folks, no doubt about that

Disagree strongly. 2 raids in a week only leads to more suspicion, even if nothing was allegedly found. This is bad PR for cycling, not good PR...

They must have some strong hints, more than rumours, which aren't enough as evidence in court though, so they are desperately looking for evidence. It's a good thing, but on the other hand we all will see some obviously super charged performances from other teams soon and then it becomes a bit silly, that only one team ist searched like that. :(

Reactions: noob
In Spanish we talk about "la gata Flora" = si se lo meten chilla, si se lo sacan llora (if you put it in, she complains, and if you pull it out she cries). Let the police do their thing, maybe they will find something this time. I have an unopened packed of popcorn here after all.

TRENDING THREADS