• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ballan and Santambrogio out of the Giro

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
I can see there being a mass exodus to somewhere warm and nice, say like Girona by loads of dopers wanting to find a more friendly police and judicial system...

that'll put up the property prices. better get in quick :D

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ballan: “Is that G?”
Nigrelli: “Yes, of course.”
Ballan: “But how do you take it?”
Nigrelli: “By mouth.”

Can you really take GH orally? I thought the molecule was too large?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
Ballan: “Is that G?”
Nigrelli: “Yes, of course.”
Ballan: “But how do you take it?”
Nigrelli: “By mouth.”

Can you really take GH orally? I thought the molecule was too large?

That's gotta be a pretty big molecule if you can't fit it in your mouth...

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Joe Papp tweeted that he was puzzled because HGH is supposed to be injected. It would not be the first time the police gets the code speak for a substance wrong.

Around 10 years ago there was some sort of 'precursor' you could take orally that was supposed to help crank up your HGH. Around the time Androstenidione was popular in the States.

I'm no chemist, so it could have been something that sucked money out of Masters' pockets and had no effect...

JMBeaushrimp said:
Around 10 years ago there was some sort of 'precursor' you could take orally that was supposed to help crank up your HGH. Around the time Androstenidione was popular in the States.

I'm no chemist, so it could have been something that sucked money out of Masters' pockets and had no effect...

When I was flying last there was an advert in the in-flight magazine for an HGH anti-ageing remedy which was supposed to be taken orally.

Wasn't the problem of EPO behind us?

From the CN Article:

On April 20, 2009, Ballan speaks to Nigrelli about taking EPO.

Nigrelli: “How many have you done?”
Ballan: “This is the fifth one.”
He then adds a little later: “This is how I’ve done EPO...”

Would this be the the best time to cite this qoute from 2001 (yup, 2001):

the International Cycling Union ... concluded: "We think that the problem of EPO no longer influences cycling at the highest level."

Just wondering if they might want to reconsider that conclusion some ten years later.

Dave.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
When I was flying last there was an advert in the in-flight magazine for an HGH anti-ageing remedy which was supposed to be taken orally.

The one with the 70-year-old "Doctor," shirtless and ripped?

I fly a lot and always laugh when I come across that in the in-flight mag. Wonder how anyone can possibly buy it but then that ad's been running regularly for a long time so it must be generating some revenue.