• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bb30

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Shimano will go the BB30 route since it has BB86 and BB90 (for mbt). This makes it more proprietary to each manufacturer of the frame and what company you support or can use.
The Campy 2011 BB30 pics could be anything, you can't speculate that they are BB30 or not. I had Specialized BB30 cranks and the bearings were bigger then what they look in the pic. I think it is a "old" to "new" pic of how they intend to change from a hurth joint to a one piece.

fabramowski said:
I don't think Shimano will go the BB30 route since it has BB86 and BB90 (for mbt). This makes it more proprietary to each manufacturer of the frame and what company you support or can use.
The Campy 2011 BB30 pics could be anything, you can't speculate that they are BB30 or not. I had Specialized BB30 cranks and the bearings were bigger then what they look in the pic. I think it is a "old" to "new" pic of how they intend to change from a hurth joint to a one piece.

Sure I can 'speculate' they are BB30 and I am...isn't that what 'speculation' is?

I doubt they are changing from the hirth joint or they wouldn't have had hirth joint cranks in the pic..just my speculation'. I have not heard of and have seen no problems with hirth fittings on any Campagnolo crank, but I suspect they need to have a BB 30 crank, not just adapters, just guessing tho...