• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Belgrade housewife helps soccer stars... but why no cyclists?

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Daily Mail (Sat 21 Nov)
Frank Lampard of Chelsea is the latest Premier League player to seek help from Serb housewife Mariana Kovacevic.
She speeded up his healing process by rubbing the thigh with placenta.
Chelsea club doctor Bryan English went with him.
Arsenal's Van Persie has made the same trip and arsene Wenger (manager) is happy.... as it cuts recovery time from 21 days to 5 days
Rafa Benitez, Liverpool mnager) is another fan.
And that's the story.
Only elsewhere in his comment column, Des Kelly seems to know an alternative version of this:
"If players are experiencing sudden improvements in fitness after travelling to Serbia to hve offal smeared on them, I'd be very suspicious.
"Extracting blood, hyper-oxygenating it and re-injecting it into the affected area would speed a player's recovery faster than slopping old nag's meat over the outside. But that's not allowed. So it can't be."
Can Mr Kelly tell us more?
How come cyclists are missing out on this trick.
The Mail couldn't find the lady in question when they hit Belgrade... though she was in hiding she was still managing to treat Van Persie.... good news if you support Arsenal.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Gaul 58 said:
Arsenal's Van Persie has made the same trip and arsene Wenger (manager) is happy.... as it cuts recovery time from 21 days to 5 days.

Van Persie's now going to be out of action for five months - so a fat lot of good that did.

A

Anonymous

the liverpool players involved had mainly muscle issues, strains etc..
its calf's placenta apparently

premier league teams have been using the method for about 5 years.. i seem to remember it started in sweden but i might be wrong..

Gaul 58 said:
Daily Mail (Sat 21 Nov)
Frank Lampard of Chelsea is the latest Premier League player to seek help from Serb housewife Mariana Kovacevic.
She speeded up his healing process by rubbing the thigh with placenta.
Chelsea club doctor Bryan English went with him.
Arsenal's Van Persie has made the same trip and arsene Wenger (manager) is happy.... as it cuts recovery time from 21 days to 5 days
Rafa Benitez, Liverpool mnager) is another fan.
And that's the story.
Only elsewhere in his comment column, Des Kelly seems to know an alternative version of this:
"If players are experiencing sudden improvements in fitness after travelling to Serbia to hve offal smeared on them, I'd be very suspicious.
"Extracting blood, hyper-oxygenating it and re-injecting it into the affected area would speed a player's recovery faster than slopping old nag's meat over the outside. But that's not allowed. So it can't be."
Can Mr Kelly tell us more?
The Mail couldn't find the lady in question when they hit Belgrade... though she was in hiding she was still managing to treat Van Persie.... good news if you support Arsenal.

I`m from Belgrade , and I can tell you that women doesn`t exist or she is Alternative Medicine doctor.

A

Anonymous

DenisMenchov said:
She`s not famous, nobody knows her!!!
How come Liverpool player finds that doctor and Serbian authorities can`t, nor Serbian sportsman???

cos shes secret and thats not her real name.. :D

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Probably a chiropractor or somesuch there's a host ouiji board wielders who stick Dr in front of their name but don't appear on any genuine list of medical practitioners.

A

Anonymous

DenisMenchov said:
You don`t get it you can`y be doctor if Ministry of Health doesn`t know you :D

but shes not a proper doctor.. shes a nutjob with horse placenta

May 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
but shes not a proper doctor.. shes a nutjob with horse placenta

Is horse placenta a common item in the frozen food section in a typical UK supermarket? You guys do eat some weird shyt over there.

A

Anonymous

Gaul 58 said:

Because she knows that cycling is strict on dope dealers whereas other sports don't prosecute. :p

TRENDING THREADS