Bernal vs. Pogacar vs. Evenepoel

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Look at Buchmann who is developing slowly into a GT contender, he wasn't anywhere near the level of those guys with 20/21, and he was very close to Bernal level last TdF. Could be that in 5 years we have a ride ,who nobody heard of yet, aged e.g. 28 (= older than all 3 then) surpassing them all and dominating into his mid 30ies. In cycling nowadays you can peak anywhere between 20 and 35 I feel, maybe even later if you got the drive.
This perspective is the missing truth for all riders along with potential injuries. We're also seeing each of these riders being fairly well protected by strong teams and taking their opportunities at the right time. They're all good tactically which should bode well for the future. How they each handle pressure when they're the #1 team rider and aren't having a good day will be interesting. Pogacar has been resilient and fairly chill about his success. If we actually get to see a GT this year it'll be interesting....

So here is one answer to the question
NIcolas Roche was asked which he thought was the best and he said
Bernal

He said all 3 are amazing talents but he went for Bernal becasue Egan has a wonderful attitude and is so calm/cool in the peloton
He doesn't know the other 2 well though

I like Bernal best as a person, but all three of them seem to be totally able to handle success, Bernal and Pogacar in a calmer way. Evenepoel seems to be (among three very ambitious young guys) the most ambitious, but I think if success doesn't come the way he wanted it, this trait will make him work the hardest. In that regard he's a slight Ronaldo-type to me. The only thing that can really stop him long term is probably a serious injury.
But I agree someone might come along that no one pays much attention to until he has suddenly won something big out of the blue. That just happens so often.

Reactions: Big Doopie
So here is one answer to the question
NIcolas Roche was asked which he thought was the best and he said
Bernal

He said all 3 are amazing talents but he went for Bernal becasue Egan has a wonderful attitude and is so calm/cool in the peloton
He doesn't know the other 2 well though
That's the thing, Pogacar seems to be cool and calm as well.
I don't really know about Evenepoel. We probably need to see him in a 3 week race.

Seeing some Americans that have the same, cool attitude: Neilson Powless and Sepp Kuss. Not intimidated by the stage or the competition. Neilson is 23 and continues with the sort of progression we saw regionally. There are probably a dozen candidates in each country that could prove themselves given the chance, too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DNP-Old Professional Road Racing 95

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts