• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BdtooPXCQAAppNU.jpg:large

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Worst ever, Something like this can't even be called a national champ jersey.

This is more like what some teams used to do, give shoulder stripes to former national champions, or the former world champion....

Afrank said:
Worst ever, Something like this can't even be called a national champ jersey.

1239361_724180507601439_1311738529_n.jpg

Sadden that they ruined what could be an amazing jersey. The thing they did on the shoulder/arm, why not do it on the 'jersey' itself. Full white jersey with the Austrian coat of arms over the flag stripes (just like on the shoulder) right on the center, with all the logos in black.

I wonder what is Riccardo's opinion on this cr@p shirt.

Also, how are we supposed to distingish him from other TREK riders? Everyone has that white shoulder... I assume Austria is on of the federations that does not impose any rules on the design of the national champion jersey? Otherwise why not do it like the Luxembourg or Belgian flags?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That Austrian one is terrible. Very disappointing as it looks like they got the Luxembourg one right after all these years - Jungel's one reminds me of Kim Kirchen's great Fasso Bortolo champs jersey :cool:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Well I am happy for Roly for his 4th NZ NC win, he seems like a top bloke.... but sad for the cycling community. My guess is they leave out the white sleeve and the little white stripe on the shorts for his jersey and call it a "national champion's jersey". NZ are the "all blacks" after all.

Or will they go and turn it around like they did at HTC....... nope. Probably not.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Discussion on twitter:

José Been ‏@TourDeJose

Roulston is fifth national champion in @TrekFactory after Devolder (Belgium), Jungels (Luxembourg), Kiserlovski (Croatia) & Zoidl (Austria)

Luke Poyser ‏@ljpoyz

@TourDeJose @TrekFactory silver fern on the sleeve now?

Cameron ‏@au_sesquip

@ljpoyz @TourDeJose you can see it happening can't you? @TrekFactory 2/3 of your NC jerseys are an insult to those riders and nations!

Trek Factory Racing ‏@TrekFactory

@au_sesquip The jerseys were actually approved by the national federations & the riders.

Looks like it's their own damn fault for having cr@ppy jerseys....

Christian said:
on twitter:

@au_sesquip The jerseys were actually approved by the national federations & the riders.

'Approved' is an interesting word:
Trek: Do you want this bit of colour on the sleeve and shorts, or nothing at all?
Rider/Federation: The sleeve and thigh are better than nothing, but we would really like...
Trek: Good, you have approved it then.

No sleeve bands for previous champs either, I notice.

I never saw the reply from Trek on Twitter, god theyre hideous champs jerseys.

Christian said:
Discussion on twitter:

José Been ‏@TourDeJose

Roulston is fifth national champion in @TrekFactory after Devolder (Belgium), Jungels (Luxembourg), Kiserlovski (Croatia) & Zoidl (Austria)

Luke Poyser ‏@ljpoyz

@TourDeJose @TrekFactory silver fern on the sleeve now?

Cameron ‏@au_sesquip

@ljpoyz @TourDeJose you can see it happening can't you? @TrekFactory 2/3 of your NC jerseys are an insult to those riders and nations!