• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Paul50 said:
HOOGERLAND Johnny
Dutch National Champion RR 2013 - 2014 Jersey

2i1jj0z.jpg
I like it. Not as good as his Vacansoleil one but still a good job.

Hey don't judge.

The guy is the team biggest start and since he is the world champion he can't have all the sponsors on his jersey like he normally would. If they also fully respect the national champ jersey it would mean that many sponsors would be paying and not getting any return from Costa.

It doesn't mean i like the jersey, which i don't, i just don't judge lampre on this design.

Parrulo said:
Hey don't judge.

The guy is the team biggest start and since he is the world champion he can't have all the sponsors on his jersey like he normally would. If they also fully respect the national champ jersey it would mean that many sponsors would be paying and not getting any return from Costa.

It doesn't mean i like the jersey, which i don't, i just don't judge lampre on this design.

But I do blame the sponsors for somewhat botching the Nats jersey. I think they should look at the bigger picture and respect the traditional concept of such a jersey a bit more. Also I don't think such a respect will decrease the ROI at all.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It's a full body national champ kit and not a band around the middle kit. Not much more that can be asked for IMO, looks good.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, ones black, I kinda like that look actually.

Another one, Jungels.
Jungels_zps7e27fd17.png

And Vandewalle
Vandewalle_zpsed1be201.png

The black sleeves give the kit's some distinction in my opinion. And them being full body makes them good. I'm liking the other sleeve being stripped with the national colors too.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
ARASHIRO Yukiya
Japanese National Champion RR 2013 - 2014 Jersey

2yuwugp.jpg

BRANDAO Joni Silva
Portuguese National Champion RR 2013 - 2014 Jersey

18hirs.jpg

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
People often give out about Trek's national champions jersey and don't get me wrong some are shocking ie the Austrian jersey but Sagan's Cannondale jersey is equally as awful. Its hardly recognizable at all, as is the Polish TT champions jersey. The champions jersey should stand out and be recognizable to all. Some of the good champions jersey's are Hushovd BMC, Santamorita Orica, Vichot FDJ, Schar BMC, Hoogerland Androni. Also a shame some teams, Trek, Orica, Garmin, Tinkoff (with the exception of Rogers last year who had tt bands on) don't have the bands of former champions on their jerseys.