• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A team doing things well:

115328_PIC450895698.jpg

Those BMC jerseys are beautiful. BMC and FDJ are setting the standard for sure. I just browsed through the entire thread, and some designs just make no sense to me. Zoidl's jersey barely has the flag visible anywhere, just on the arm. That's supposed to be for FORMER champions, not the current champ.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Last couple years before this year Kohler's jersey was like that. The change from the traditional full red is kind of nice IMO.

614805800.jpg

The problem with the black is not the black itself, but the flag colours filling too little and being too high. Other than that I like all three, though the white reminds me of the one they use in WC, and the black (with my suggestions) with Coldeportes. So yellow it is :)

Guybrush said:
Don't like the BMC swiss design, should be something like this:

In addition to what Afrank said, making it more white provides contrast with the standard red BMC jersey. Roulston's All Black kit would have benefited from a similar bit of contrast, I think. (Though the fern is a nice touch. Indeed, it's the only distinguishing feature of the kit.)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
classicomano said:
The one with yellow as the dominating color is really cool.

954721_485279638267928_3879549271377127310_n.jpg

Please everyone, vote for the yellow one. All three are good, but that one is just fantastic. Nice idea to let the fans decide too. :)

That's a mod order BTW! :cool: :p

And Yellow winning at the moment 257 likes vs. 234 for white, and 128 for black.

Afrank said:
Please everyone, vote for the yellow one. All three are good, but that one is just fantastic. Nice idea to let the fans decide too. :)

And Yellow winning at the moment 257 likes vs. 234 for white, and 128 for black.

The black one is really nice. Remember, its designed to be on the bike, maybe how its viewed from a helicopter or when in the drops. Don't think about how it looks standing around :)

Afrank said:

The yellow looks too much like a GC lead in TDF & related races.

Netserk said:
The problem with the black is not the black itself, but the flag colours filling too little and being too high. Other than that I like all three, though the white reminds me of the one they use in WC, and the black (with my suggestions) with Coldeportes. So yellow it is :)

He does ride for Coldeportes and has written in the WC team last few years. Imagine him in the drops, black looks good

Evan5177 said:
Can anyone identify as to why this kit was designed or who was supposed to wear it as I've never seen anyone in the peloton with it?

2013-saxo-tinkoff-new-zealand-cycling-jersey-and-bib-shorts-set-white.jpg

Well it's clearly for a New Zealander national champion, cannot tell if from 2012 or '13. Don't know, perhaps just an experiment. Anyone knows if Saxo was interested in having a NZ rider in '12 or '13?

Edit: It was never an official design. It's a fan-made design which can only be found on some websites. Got to say it looks neat. It's ok to have a jersey like that and use those brands on a custom made kit as long as one doesn't compete with it. Dunno about the websites using them for commercial benefits.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yellow tri-color wins!

We've passed the 10.000 fans! And there's no other way to celebrate and share it with you than presenting our official winner, because you requested it... HERE IT IS: MIGUEL ANGEL RUBIANO'S JERSEY!
Thank you all for your support!

5fbb2126-d95b-41d8-a318-dee1c033d120_zps3174a145.jpg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
gospina said:
This is the jersey that won the contest:
BlYpIXICcAEQAXA.jpg

Now let's hope Rubiano gets his visa to go to the Giro.

Definitely a better choice than the white which looks a bit too similar to the world champion's jersey in my opinion, and anything is better than black