• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 9, 2010
Visit site
Swiss national champ from behind

Brsx6dACcAEmc3K.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dutch jersey much better now, a proper jersey.

I'm really liking the Suisse jersey. Distinctive but holds the same Suisse symbol pattern of the normal jersey's on the front. And large symbol on back will make it easy to spot from overhead shots.

ciranda said:
You could also say the Italian flag is like a Hungarian flag turned sideways. Maybe they could have done a normal tricolore jersey with Astana green. I know cyclists don't have influence either way, but it could be that some people don't like to wear huge national symbols. Ion Izagirre from Movistar for instance.

Astana green....?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
hidache said:
Langeveld and his management didn't agree with the design and now they changed it to this. Way better.

Indeed much better. :)

Good from Langeveld that he didn't accept it and got a better one. There are some more riders who shouldn't accept their national jersey.

All I would change is that the flag bands should be slightly higher so they're closer to the sponsor name, otherwise that's absolutely how to do a champions' kit right.

My favourite Portuguese kit of recent years has actually belonged to one of my least favourite Portuguese cyclists.

ng1598518.jpg

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
ciranda said:
Cyan, whatever, it's a variant of the colour green. A jersey with Astana green/white/red tricolore would make everyone even more mad of course.

Perhaps it would make the Luxembourg champion mad. Green, really?

Libertine Seguros said:
All I would change is that the flag bands should be slightly higher so they're closer to the sponsor name, otherwise that's absolutely how to do a champions' kit right.

My favourite Portuguese kit of recent years has actually belonged to one of my least favourite Portuguese cyclists.

ng1598518.jpg

If i could, i would also have the bad a bit bigger and higher. But compared to the absolute crap most teams are putting out there, it's a very good classical jersey.

fbmhi8.png

Four years of practice and they still can't do any better than this. I kind of wondered if Izagirre would want something even less obvious than this, though - though I guess if Rojas can't have the big flag for his nationalism, Izagirre can't have an ikurrina either. That said, women's RR champion Anna Ramírez Bauxell has announced she wishes to renounce the Spanish champions' jersey in favour of a Catalan one...

trek are becoming really good at national jerseys, liked zoidl and kiser during giro and really like franks for the tour. Suppose there kit suits it as all black easily change and trek know its about there bike and a stand out kit is good.

Lampre also very good at it, FDJ a joy too.

TRENDING THREADS