Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
“Under UCI rules we can only have team issue shorts or white shorts. We haven’t decided which Peter will wear yet but the rules mean he can’t use black shorts.”
That's a ridiculous rule.
Why not simply include the opportunity to wear black shorts? It's like the UCI wants a rather unfortunate "wet T-shirt" effect on the shorts.
 
This design was illegal but nobody raised a fuss. If Oleg wants to go for the stylish black shorts, then he should just do it and worry about the fine later. After all, it's a new kit next year so he can do as he pleases with that, this will barely be more than a one-off. I mean, Evans got a Lotto rainbow jersey (which was similarly illegal) and Rui Costa a Movistar one even though it was known he was leaving the team.



 
Re:

BeagRigh said:


“Under UCI rules we can only have team issue shorts or white shorts. We haven’t decided which Peter will wear yet but the rules mean he can’t use black shorts.”

I can see Oleg's ego forcing Sagan to wear standard Tinkoff bibs. Raindow + Fluoro :eek:
I really like it, it looks quite classy (probably because the logo's are quite understated)
 
Aug 11, 2012
416
0
0
Re:

Buffalo Soldier said:
Of course. The only good bibs are black bibs.
Pretty Much. Reynolds in 1989 was the first team who started to mess with this.

The kits are way too tight nowadays as well.
Some wear TT kits, do not like either. Total disgrace.
National Champ jersey should be like the traditional ones, not the bull we see nowadays with Nibali or Valverde.
 
Re: Re:

"Jeff"":xp7yt96z][quote="Buffalo Soldier said:
Of course. The only good bibs are black bibs.
Pretty Much. Reynolds in 1989 was the first team who started to mess with this.

The kits are way too tight nowadays as well.
Some wear TT kits, do not like either. Total disgrace.
National Champ jersey should be like the traditional ones, not the bull we see nowadays with Nibali or Valverde.[/quote]

Completely agree. National jerseys should be as protected as the rainbow jersey is.
 
Dec 30, 2009
138
0
0
Re:

Brullnux said:
Sky have black bibs but still use white...
Apparently bad fashion sense runs in the Sky team, with Cav the only exception.
Well TT WC generally wears the bands on a skin suit. You know. For time trialing? So no,bibs.
 
Re: Re:

PhiberAwptik said:
Brullnux said:
Sky have black bibs but still use white...
Apparently bad fashion sense runs in the Sky team, with Cav the only exception.
Well TT WC generally wears the bands on a skin suit. You know. For time trialing? So no,bibs.
And that skin suit is presumably what he is wearing under the jersey in the photo (note rainbow bands and sky branding showing through the jersey.

So they have produced a jersey for the sake of this photo (in what other circumstance will it be worn?) which merely obscures the relevant clothing that the PR pics should feature.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Come on Катюша, the Austrian eagle even carries hammer and sickle, you could give him a little bit more space on Haller's jersey.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY