• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

vedrafjord said:
What I don't get is the regular BMC jersey has ugly white sleeves that look like they cut and pasted the Tag Heuer logo in MS Paint, but the Aussie champ one has yellow sleeves and a nice border
The Australian Champion's jersey is one of the champion jerseys where the design is specified by the national body, like the Belgian, Dutch, French, German, Italian etc.

I've yet to see the 2017 jersey, but it probably won't change.
CyMQirfWgAAP2N4.jpg

Re:

staubsauger said:
Was there ever a French champ kit with vertical stripes? I believe Voeckler once had the true tricolor flag at Europcar (?). But I might be mistaking!

Love the way FDJ always honors the French champ of course.

I think you were thinking Pozzato at Katusha

pozzato2.jpg

I think this was a response to the italian federation complaining about the national jersey being part of the skyline that was on the jersey at that time.

Haven't been able to re-find it, but Kamp posted a picture of his nat champ jersey a few weeks ago. It's pretty good; classical full-cross jersey, just as a Scandinavian country's nat champ jersey should be.
Of course, I would have been surprised if a Danish team messed up the Danish national jersey. Unlike a certain Spanish WT team, I'd say all Danish teams are actually pretty proud to have a national champion.

Re: Re:

observer said:
staubsauger said:
Was there ever a French champ kit with vertical stripes? I believe Voeckler once had the true tricolor flag at Europcar (?). But I might be mistaking!

Love the way FDJ always honors the French champ of course.

I think you were thinking Pozzato at Katusha

pozzato2.jpg

I think this was a response to the italian federation complaining about the national jersey being part of the skyline that was on the jersey at that time.
Pozzato changed multiple times the italian champ jersey, the first was the cremlin shaped one (the best in my opinion), then during the tour was forced by federation to wear that orrible vertical stripes jersey, after the Tour he shifted to a more classic white jersey with the three stripes but the year after he switched to black (i think it's the only one black ever seen).

pippo-tob-2009-768x1024_grande.jpg

pozzato-black.jpg

TRENDING THREADS