• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DDesk_qXUAAzwxG.jpg

FDJ just knows how to do this.
Clean, classy, and tbh they don't really have to remove the sponsor name/logo, they just do. (Of course with the French champion I guess it sorta helps that the flag is already in team colours.)

Random thought; what would happen if FDJ ever got a Dutch Champion? Both the Dutch and the French national champs jersey have traditionally been with horisontal stripes - perhaps because three vertical stripes on a cycling kit would look somewhat silly - so that could case some issue when it comes to telling them apart...
Of course I recall a time when Quickstep had both a Dutch and a French champion, and last year people got confused between Terpstra and Jungels, due to not noticing the slight difference in the blue.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
FDJ just knows how to do this.
Clean, classy, and tbh they don't really have to remove the sponsor name/logo, they just do. (Of course with the French champion I guess it sorta helps that the flag is already in team colours.)

Random thought; what would happen if FDJ ever got a Dutch Champion? Both the Dutch and the French national champs jersey have traditionally been with horisontal stripes - perhaps because three vertical stripes on a cycling kit would look somewhat silly - so that could case some issue when it comes to telling them apart...
Of course I recall a time when Quickstep had both a Dutch and a French champion, and last year people got confused between Terpstra and Jungels, due to not noticing the slight difference in the blue.

not a problemen, the french champion's jersey is blue on top, and red in the bottom, the dutch jersey is the other way round, so all good !

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sinkeldams-dutch-champions-jersey-attracts-controversy/
"Cycling is a team sport and we want to convey that," a spokesman for Sunweb told NUsport, justifying the more corporate design.
Imagine them trying to elaborate their very own maillot jaune or maglia rosa with a rectangle in the middle of the regular jersey.

Sunweb is an awful team more concerned about what 'hip' hashtag will be on their next kit. I wouldn't have expected anything less from them.

Re:

Laplaz said:
Is Cummings dutch?

Traditional British style, apparently. If I understand correctly the British federation won't accept anything else...

Alexandre B. said:
I can't believe the UCI approves Movistar Spanish champion jersey each year.

Apparently it's not UCI that has to improve, simply the Spanish federation...

Love the fact that Aru is going full-flag.
Err... Konovalovas' is simply a matter of it being the traditional Lithuanian way of doing it, right? Otherwise FDJ has taken a giant step backwards. But of course, with the standards they're setting they could really only make it worse.

Now, Trek. I'm counting on you. Don't mess up!

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Err... Konovalovas' is simply a matter of it being the traditional Lithuanian way of doing it, right? Otherwise FDJ has taken a giant step backwards. But of course, with the standards they're setting they could really only make it worse.

Depends on the team and rider

shel13gc-bagdonas.jpg

RedheadDane said:
Now, Trek. I'm counting on you. Don't mess up!

Trek won a national? I don't remember that, who was it?

TRENDING THREADS