• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best excuse or denial for doping!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Rumsas: "The drugs are for my dog"

Rumsas again: "The drugs are for my mother-in-law. She's very hairy and the drugs help"

Leukemans: "My testosterone was high because I was having sex when the testers came over"

I suppose the best excuse in the sence that it has probably been the most succesful is the "i intended to dope but didnt" excuse.

Unsucesful with Basso as far as ban goes but succesful in maintaining popularity.
Almost succesful with Valverde and succesful in maintaining popularity.
Totaly succesful with Frank Schleck.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Teflon

The Hitch said:
I suppose the best excuse in the sence that it has probably been the most succesful is the "i intended to dope but didnt" excuse.

Unsucesful with Basso as far as ban goes but succesful in maintaining popularity.
Almost succesful with Valverde and succesful in maintaining popularity.
Totaly succesful with Frank Schleck.

Its amazing how Frank has got away scot free. I haven't heard any insinuations against Andy either.Even Riis Mr 60% has got off lightly, and he is the best example yet of cart horse becomes race horse

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Animal said:
How about "Testing is against my human rights"?

Funny you should mention that. Im a tad suprised that ( as far as I know) no rider has protested at the taking of blood for testing as its an invasive procedure ( needle) unlike urine collection.
On grounds of religon could a Mormon claim the taking of blood transgreses there religous convictions?:rolleyes:

Darryl Webster said:
Funny you should mention that. Im a tad suprised that ( as far as I know) no rider has protested at the taking of blood for testing as its an invasive procedure ( needle) unlike urine collection
Didn't Kashechkin try that or something similar? I assume that's what Animal's referring to.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Boxing

Darryl Webster said:
Funny you should mention that. Im a tad suprised that ( as far as I know) no rider has protested at the taking of blood for testing as its an invasive procedure ( needle) unlike urine collection.
On grounds of religon could a Mormon claim the taking of blood transgreses there religous convictions?:rolleyes:

I think Manny Paqiuo refused blood testing for the proposed fight with Floyd Mayweather I was amazed that blood testing wasnt mandatory in boxing

simo1733 said:
I think Manny Paqiuo refused blood testing for the proposed fight with Floyd Mayweather I was amazed that blood testing wasnt mandatory in boxing

And its arguably the sport were doping can cause the most damage, seeing as getting extra power, speed, endurance etc will simply mean you can cause more damage to your opponent.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

I don't think the Mormons have a prohibition against it, but perhaps Jehova's Witnesses (or do they just forbid blood transfusions?)

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Animal said:
Hi there! Have a coffee while I take a shower.

Technically, I don't think they even offered the guy a coffee. That wasn't until later in the season.., when Johan and Demol broke beignets with the UCI in the hotel cafe while the Astana boys "freshened up" :D