• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best excuse or denial for doping!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
simo1733 said:
I think Manny Paqiuo refused blood testing for the proposed fight with Floyd Mayweather I was amazed that blood testing wasnt mandatory in boxing

IIRC he refused to be tested before the event because he was convinced that drawing blood would hurt his performance. He wanted the only test to be after the fight.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
NOTE: I have made a number of deletions based on a posting by Daryl Webster which he has also deleted. The original premise was, in his mind after due consideration, not a suitable one for a public form.

Please do not puruse that subject further. Thank you.

Susan

What subject?

Linford Christie likened a positive test for nandrolone to getting cancer. People can't explain how they get cancer, just like he couldn't explain how nandrolone got into his system. I don't think he has a medical degree.

More than half of the posts have been erased. Now I am wondering what's all the fuss about??:(

There was an identical thread on this forum, but I could not find it. It had all the mentioned excuses and some additional funny ones. I'll try again later to find it.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just the newest one

"The experts consulted so far have agreed also that this is a food contamination case, especially considering the number of tests passed by Alberto Contador during the Tour de France, making it possible to define precisely both the time the emergence of the substance as the tiny amount detected, ruling out any other source or intentionality."

Reactions: Roku
Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's the best excuse but it seems a new one.

In the sport if mixed martial arts George St. Pierre has long been accused of using steroids, growth hormone and other performance enhancing drugs.

In his last fight, for the first time in his career, he was subjected to rigorous random testing by an independent body (CIR testing, blood testing for growth hormone, testing throughout training camp), instead of the usual single post fight drug test for the panel of anabolic steroids.

During this one bout he showed a dramatic decrease in performance and muscle mass.

Today or very recently he did an interview where he claimed stress and anxiety killed his appetite and muscle mass as opposed to cycling off to pass the test and maintain his reputation to some.

http://m.sportv.globo.com/site/comb...encara-spider-e-ate-lesnar-se-luta-justa.html

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
I don't think it's the best excuse but it seems a new one.

In the sport if mixed martial arts George St. Pierre has long been accused of using steroids, growth hormone and other performance enhancing drugs.

In his last fight, for the first time in his career, he was subjected to rigorous random testing by an independent body (CIR testing, blood testing for growth hormone, testing throughout training camp), instead of the usual single post fight drug test for the panel of anabolic steroids.

During this one bout he showed a dramatic decrease in performance and muscle mass.

Today or very recently he did an interview where he claimed stress and anxiety killed his appetite and muscle mass as opposed to cycling off to pass the test and maintain his reputation to some.

http://m.sportv.globo.com/site/comb...encara-spider-e-ate-lesnar-se-luta-justa.html

Yeah and a few weeks back he cheekily said the poor testing procedures of the UFC was one of the reasons why he now has taken a break. If that's the case why didn't he leave long ago then. Even for the Hendricks fight, St. Pierre gave NSAC a list of certain substances that he could be tested for. VADA were even paying for GSP's testing. That's laughable.

He has been widely suspected for a while now. Penn, Diaz and Koscheck have called him out in the past.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Yeah and a few weeks back he cheekily said the poor testing procedures of the UFC was one of the reasons why he now has taken a break.

Yeah that was a nauseating Lance-esque move. Taking the high ground in a situation where you've been completely unethical.

He's damned by his promise "I will do and pay for VADA testing for the rest of my career". I think he's barely top 10 in the division without his if steroids but the too 10 is completely skewed if everyone does VADA.

This is a good interview with Travis Tygart about how GSP ducked random testing earlier in his career and was protected by the UFC:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zHrG1m3uLkw

Based off his performance against Hendricks, he really needed to duck it.

TRENDING THREADS