• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not sure if this applies outside N American market..Hannah on Amazon is a straight forward action show, lots of cool fighting \action sequences that normally I don't care for..
Barry..Bill Hader and Henry Winkler are nothing short of great..again dark comedy w some action angles that are fun to watch..
Older but something I still enjoyed..The Bodyguard(UK) easy to sit through all of it..
I also like Liar about a romance gone way way wrong..
season 1 of Dead to Me..thought was good..having a harder haul on season two..
I will probably surf around and watch things with Carl Reiner and Norman Lear..Reiner had a silly spin on a bunch of things that you could not have thought had comedic value..
a fav in The Jerk..mean motorcycle chick grabs Steve Martin in the crotch as hard and aggressive without killing him..brutal foreplay..
Later Martin's character..Nathan Johnson..a white orphan raised by a black family..writes to tell his mother of his sexual experience..everything about that @5 minutes of film is genius in my opinion.
Some of the racial dialogue between Steve Martin and his black family are hilarious..but the fact he is well into adulthood and it comes a as an earth shattering surprise that he is not African American is timeless.

I've probably forgotten more great, niche, TV than I can remember w/o looking at my torrent client or streaming service history lol. But one miniseries that genuinely affected me was Netflix's surrealistic 10-episode Maniac (2018), which featured Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, and Justin Theroux .

If you don't know Maniac or didn't give it a look, Amy Glynn wrote a fair, brief review of it for Paste : "Netflix's Maniac Is a Surrealist Masterpiece":
"A trafficked ring-tailed lemur. Popcorn problems. The lost final chapter of Don Quixote. And Gassing Up the Miata. Netflix’s new miniseries Maniac has its imperfections. But it proves that even if reality might be a debatable construct, metaphors and tropes and symbols are pretty stinkin’ permanent..."

I really enjoyed it, though ofc it's not for everyone. Trailer is here.

Mrs 42x16ss has been getting into a lot of European and South American TV lately. Some OK stuff and some really good:

Money Heist (really enjoyed it)
SummerTime
Il Casa de Flores (growing on me)
Valeria
Dark

The Dynasty remake has also gotten some time, just as ridiculous as the original, except the young Heather Locklear (Sammy-Jo) has been replaced with a Venezuelan toyboy (Samuel Joseph) :/

Doctor Who. This is my favorite TV show. I have been watching this series since childhood. Now, this show has gotten worse and the last seasons are impossible to watch.
It is a pity that not all of the series survived the first doctor.:worried:

Reactions: Koronin
I really enjoy The Boys atm, the 2nd season has been great so far.
Antony Starr is killing it as Homelander, what a performance by him.
Antony Starr's Homelander is great. I loved the PSA he [Homelander] appeared in w/ the sheriff in the (iirc) final episode of S2. So dark. Speaking of S2, how would you rate it in comparison to S1? I really liked S1 - enough to rewatch it twice. S2...not as compelling for me. Will they make a season 3?

Antony Starr's Homelander is great. I loved the PSA he [Homelander] appeared in w/ the sheriff in the (iirc) final episode of S2. So dark. Speaking of S2, how would you rate it in comparison to S1? I really liked S1 - enough to rewatch it twice. S2...not as compelling for me. Will they make a season 3?
Season 3 is coming.

Find the show absolutely diabolical.

I knew little about Brian Cranston before Breaking Bad..since I can't see were he makes lots of mistakes..Your Honor is worth your time. He plays a Louisiana judge who tries to cover for his son, after the kid kills another teen in a car accident. Good TV.
I started watching The Serpent on Netflix..I like it..I am feeling a bit perverted as I cannot take my eyes off of Jenna Coleman.. I am 6 out of 8 done..but I can't see overall not liking the show.

Reactions: joe_papp
Don't really watch the show myself, but I found this screen-shot from the new Loki series:

sub-buzz-4631-1623870680-1.jpg

Yeah... thought they were individual pictures, but I figure you can guess which one I'm talking about specifically.

Back in about 2008, Lance Armstrong and Owen Wilson were friends. Then Owen Wilson had a bad break up with his girlfriend Kate Hudson. This resulted in a suicide attempt. Soon after this Armstrong dated Hudson, resulting in major fall out between Wilson and Armstrong.

In the show, while those pictures are shown, Owen Wilson's character talks about those variants being 'pruned'. It's clearly a dig at Armstrong losing his TdFs

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick
Oh, I thought the Variant - somehow knowing what happened in the "Main Timeline" - went and beat Armstrong. Just imagine a timeline where at least once between 1999 and 2005 (both included) the winner of TdF is simply "Loki", or maybe he'd have been listed at "Loki Odinson".
But I guess that would go against the Sacred Timeline...

• Haha
Reactions: Koronin
Oh, I thought the Variant - somehow knowing what happened in the "Main Timeline" - went and beat Armstrong. Just imagine a timeline where at least once between 1999 and 2005 (both included) the winner of TdF is simply "Loki", or maybe he'd have been listed at "Loki Odinson".
But I guess that would go against the Sacred Timeline...

That would be so funny.

Although we may need some alternate timeline for the NHL, this is funny. Every once in a while the NHL will post a team from 5 years or more ago. They posted one team that had a Slovakian player on it. This should not have created a humorous thread on the post. (By the way it's a Blackhawks team). The reason for the very humorous part of the tread is that someone posted that it took him reading the post 3 times for it to register that the post said Slovakian instead of Sokovian. There were a lot of us (myself included) that read it as a Sokovian player and were trying to figure out how the NHL got a player from a fictional country and where they got a flag for that same fictional country. There are a large number of NHL fans who also happen to be MCU/Marvel fans.

So I didn't actually watch it when it originally aired, but am not currently watching the Alienist. (It's on TNT's streaming option if you have access to that.) It's a very dark series, but very good. Daniel Brühl plays the lead character with Luke Evans and Dakota Fanning playing the two supporting characters. Great acting, great writing, great costumes. The series is set in the 1890's. There are two seasons both based on novels. The Alienist is the first mini series and The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is mini series two. The books are the same names. For me it's too dark of a series to binge. I have no started series two yet.
https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tntdrama.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F06%2FAlienistV3-1600x900.jpg

Reactions: joe_papp

TRENDING THREADS