• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Although this current season is just ok compared to the brilliant S1, I'm still enjoying "What We Do in the Shadows" on FX. It's a "documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years in Staten Island." lol

I wish this thread was titled "Best/favorite TV series ever" ... since there can only be one of those per person!

But I'm rewatching season 1 of "The Great" (2020– ), described as "a genre-bending, anti-historical ride through 18th-century Russia following the wildly comedic rise of Catherine the Nothing to Catherine the Great." It's pretty good, and I'm psyched to see that season 2 will be released next month!

Here's trailer for S1:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-P6TXDjp4

I see many things here I really really enjoy..
Dopesick..Keaton is classic..Rosario Dawson is great
Y: The Last Man..this is touching all recent everything..if you want to ease into the idea of women being in charge of everything don't watch this..I am not sure how many post apocalypse shows can be made..here's another
American Rust..Kate Winslet just did her best specific American accent as a murder solving sheriff..Jeff Daniels gives it a try..pretty good
binge watching The Morning Show..like lots of the others,they are written currently,w the MeToo# movement as the story starter.. Steve" The Office " Carrel plays this morning shows sexually offensive Matt Laurer..and Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston play some of the people offended..I like the show and it's good in my opinion.
I still can't wait for Barry and Ozark.. Pretty sure Barry is one of my all time favorites

Loot..w Maya Rudolph..funny..she is the ex wife of multiple billionaire..Adam Scott..has to figure out what her life is when forced to pay attention..she has a bunch of charitable organizations that she knows nothing about..crazy unfolds..
Killing It..a guy kills snakes in the Everglades in order to raise money to start a business, raising plants to fight prostate problems..funny from start to finish..

Neely

BANNED
Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
I finished BCS a while ago, and I just don't get why that show was so popular or highly rated.
Got hype on the backbone of Breaking bad, tbh characters are pretty good in the show. Would love pace to be a bit higher tho, was kinda skipping some scenes by the end of it. Have you tried Ozark? I'm at 1.5 seasons in and so far it's pretty similar to BCS but for some reason I like it a bit more.

Got hype on the backbone of Breaking bad, tbh characters are pretty good in the show. Would love pace to be a bit higher tho, was kinda skipping some scenes by the end of it. Have you tried Ozark? I'm at 1.5 seasons in and so far it's pretty similar to BCS but for some reason I like it a bit more.
Jason Bateman has a twisted comic delivery no matter how dark things get. It's stomach churning in some scenes.

Reactions: Neely
Dear Edward.
. It's a new show about the aftermath of a tragic plane crash.. Edward is a young boy who is the only survivor and becomes a semi celebrity.
There was an outstanding movie made in 1986 ..Just Between Friends.. Mary Tyler Moore,Ted Danson , and Christine Lahti..has some similar plot twists.. I have seen the first 3 episodes of Dear Edward, excellent and I will keep watching..

Reactions: movingtarget
I thought got off to a great start and there was huge potential, but then it just fell flat. The pacing was too slow most of the time.
As a prequel to breaking bad is was a must see.
Honestly I barely related it to Breaking Bad by the end. I didn't have the feeling BB needed it or was enhanced by the BCS story. It was slow, contrived and self indulgent. Besides I've never been a big fan of prequels.

Meanwhile I just finished The Wire. Probably the best show I ever watched, even if it doesn't have the big action moments.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS