• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
I'm gonna ressurect this thread; shoot me*!

Been thinking about a few new ones recently:

1: The Dot!
2: BlueRoad's kidnappings.
3: I feel like it's been mentioned, but LS' "love" for Sepp Kuss.
4: And I guess my, errr... slightly... wonky... math abilities.

*Please don't actually shoot me.
2 and 3 are definitely worthy but I must have missed something as I have no idea what The Dot! is a reference to.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
The Contador cult around 2015-2016 (thats when I started posting on here, it possibly goes way longer back). People would engage in insane conversations and people would be banned on the regular, almost daily I feel. I got at least two bans in that period and I can guarantee it stems from me arguing with these people. Nothing could stop some of these fans. The cult was lead by LF, Red Rick was a vocal fan, Miburo, and a few of the very extremists were permead. Please help me remembering some of these legends.

Every pedal stroke would be analyzed, and I guess that the meme about it. People would be overly ecstatic or overly depressed, even by very small things like losing a few seconds in February in Volta a Algarve. Think of Logic-Is-Your-Friend and multiply that with 20 of those people, and you have the Contador-thread on a daily basis between february-august.

The Contador cult around 2015-2016 (thats when I started posting on here, it possibly goes way longer back). People would engage in insane conversations and people would be banned on the regular, almost daily I feel. I got at least two bans in that period and I can guarantee it stems from me arguing with these people. Nothing could stop some of these fans. The cult was lead by LF, Red Rick was a vocal fan, Miburo, and a few of the very extremists were permead. Please help me remembering some of these legends.

Every pedal stroke would be analyzed, and I guess that the meme about it. People would be overly ecstatic or overly depressed, even by very small things like losing a few seconds in February in Volta a Algarve. Think of Logic-Is-Your-Friend and multiply that with 20 of those people, and you have the Contador-thread on a daily basis between february-august.

The Nibali cult/thread then became it's substitute, although much of the time it was a little more tongue in cheek.

The Nibali cult/thread then became it's substitute, although much of the time it was a little more tongue in cheek.
Yeah, Nibali was nothing like that IMO. The only thread I can see having the potential is the Remco-thread because a) his a phenomenal talent, just like Contador b) he's heavily scrutinized and lots lots of people have very different opinions on him, just like Contador c) he has a small, extremely dedicated group of fans (Logic being the ringleader, just like LF back in the day, ALWAYS prepared to defend the icon), just like Contador (his was just a lot bigger - and Remco is still young).

Completely forgot about El Pistolero as well. Makes the Valverde critics/sceptics looks like amateurs these days and most often when he ventured into a discussion, would put on a masterclass in his deceiving, dishonest discussion antics. Funnily enough, if I remember correctly, he wasn't all that big of a Contador-fan despite his name, but rather a cobbled classics guy. His favourite in that period of time must have been Boonen and Gilbert?

Completely forgot about El Pistolero as well. Makes the Valverde critics/sceptics looks like amateurs these days and most often when he ventured into a discussion, would put on a masterclass in his deceiving, dishonest discussion antics. Funnily enough, if I remember correctly, he wasn't all that big of a Contador-fan despite his name, but rather a cobbled classics guy. His favourite in that period of time must have been Boonen and Gilbert?

Yeah, I was about to mention him after reading your previous post. I never really spent much time on the Contador thread but I also only started posting in the spring of 2017 if I recall correctly (despite opening a user some four years earlier) so it was close to the end of his career.

He was quite the drag to get into a conversation with...

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Pisto was totally impossible to have an actual discussion with for sure. It bothers me that I cant remember one particular argument, but it would usually be to tell us all how shite of a rider Valverde was based on some select results and compare it to his heroes, again with some select results. Basically like Libertine describes earlier in the thread... I think the craziest discussions I had with him were centered around ranking riders from the 21st century.

The Armstrong threads in the clinic before and after the USADA report were very active, I'm sure there's a lot of gold there. (Likewise the first few years of the Sky thread)

Weird that BPC hasn't been mentioned yet. And the sock puppet speculation/accusations that flew left and right back then.

Yeah, Nibali was nothing like that IMO. The only thread I can see having the potential is the Remco-thread because a) his a phenomenal talent, just like Contador b) he's heavily scrutinized and lots lots of people have very different opinions on him, just like Contador c) he has a small, extremely dedicated group of fans (Logic being the ringleader, just like LF back in the day, ALWAYS prepared to defend the icon), just like Contador (his was just a lot bigger - and Remco is still young).

Maybe the Contador thread is our old testament and the Remco thread our new.

Yeah, I was about to mention him after reading your previous post. I never really spent much time on the Contador thread but I also only started posting in the spring of 2017 if I recall correctly (despite opening a user some four years earlier) so it was close to the end of his career.

He was quite the drag to get into a conversation with...
I hated talking with him and Ryo to the point I didn’t really post anything for years.

• Wow
I missed the heyday of the Contador thread and I was surprised when I first found this place, being somewhat of a Sagan Fanboy, the disdain by several of Sagan, but as always even as I had first started joining sports Forums, I never took Criticism/Hate of my favorites personal. There are figures I can support in other areas that have been skewered and sometimes there have been jokes that were clever and funny but I surely don't see getting/feeling insulted by those sort of words, even if some of those criticisms were inaccurate. I still think the Red Rick's Forum Button was hilarious.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS