• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
The best of all time is undoubtedly LS's hate for the Scheldeprijs:

Libertine Seguros said:
There aren't worse races than Scheldeprijs. That race literally only exists to injure people. You could have a better event by holding a prize draw where the first ten riders whose race numbers are pulled out of a hat get their collarbones snapped, and the remainder then hold a 100 meter drag race.
Libertine Seguros said:
In the name of God, Allah, and all that is holy in all religions including all nine million deities of Shinto, couldn't you have censored the title? Normally this forum isn't NSFW, and I nearly had a coronary when I saw this!

You could have a better race by lining up 200 riders, karate chopping through the collarbones of 20 selected at random, and then having a 1km race between the other 180.

This race basically only exists to injure people.
Libertine Seguros said:
jens_attacks said:
don't expect a lot of updates here tomorrow. only libertine will post some sweet words about the action

Afraid I'll be distracted by the International Paint Drying from Longyearbyen and won't be able to find the time to watch this most prestigious of classics.

Obviously.

Some riders are of course very masculine in the traditional sense, but others not so much.

Sure German Wikipedia and Anorexic Digest will claim, that Michael Rasmussen has/had the perfect body for a climber, but if you're looking for someone to climb something other than mountains, I'm not fully convinced.

But I can't speak for any woman.

And then it hit me.

Mario Cipollini was indeed a pure climber :cool:

I didn't vote because it smacks of the schoolgirl giggles picking favourites. However, the bag wins hands down. It took over the Nibali thread (goat of threads) and invaded most other threads. The bag is over now, but if Nibali shows some form next year it will be resurrected.

I think it was already revealed that "what's in the bag?" is another bag.

And another, and another, and so forth. It's like Inception.

Our dreams aren't disappearing anytime soon.

Airstream didn't retire with the Schlecks, he switched allegiance to Froome and Sky before disappearing, makes me wonder if he really liked them or just hated Contador or he just enjoyed arguing with La Flo:D. He also liked to use some big words straight out of dictionary and complicated syntaxes sometimes.

Even more eccentric style of writing was of course Taxus44 (?) and his "I (don't really) know Landa very well" things. I think he has big parts in encouraging myths and memes around Landa in this forum.

I only vaguely remember Airstream, bit I definitely remember Taxus! What an annoying, classic poster he was!

Reactions: gunara
Don't even remember that switch by Airstream. Probably just to piss off LaFlo.

Anyone remembering Wonderlance and his trolling with alt accounts etc?

Link me to Wonderlance's post about hookers of awesomennes

1000x thanks :cool:

Lol i found it:

WonderLance said:
I think you have this all wrong.

You are the one who is blind and connot see the truth in the world. You live sheltered in a monastry of your hate, and cannot admire beauty and truth while I snort the cocaine of excellence and bang the hooker of awesomeness.

https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/great-lines-posted-by-others.11559/

Last edited:
I had forgotten about WonderLance consistently writing "Evens", that tiny stupid detail was hilarious to me for some reason.
That was peak ACF94 time too.

The other one from that era I remember most vividly is AussieGoddess absolutely losing the plot (with ACF trying to comfort her) about the way the forum's OBVIOUS BIAS AGAINST EVANS meant we weren't accusing Basso of wheelsucking when he didn't help Evans and Scarponi chase Nibali on Monte Grappa. If Evans didn't work because he wanted a rest, we would criticise that, but if Basso doesn't work he doesn't get criticised, so we're all Evans haters. Despite it being pointed out multiple times in a variety of levels of patience that if Basso chased his own teammate to improve Evans' and Scarponi's GC position, he would be branded a complete moron. And then both of them exploded with rage when Basso outsprinted the two at the end to steal the bonus seconds and people called it good tactics from Liquigas rather than slating Basso's poor sportsmanship.

While this thread is rather for the true historians and natives of the forum I am quite shocked how much I recognize, mostly because of creeping before registering.

Not a full grown meme, but I love the term Roglstomp!
And all references to roglics ski jumping. There was a post (giro 2019 probably) about nibali winning by buliding a snow ramp and tempting roglic into skijumping the descent almost causing me a very ugly office chair accident

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
While this thread is rather for the true historians and natives of the forum I am quite shocked how much I recognize, mostly because of creeping before registering.

Not a full grown meme, but I love the term Roglstomp!
And all references to roglics ski jumping. There was a post (giro 2019 probably) about nibali winning by buliding a snow ramp and tempting roglic into skijumping the descent almost causing me a very ugly office chair accident

Roglic was a ski jumper?

I know Logic loves the meme about Ghirmay being Remco's superior.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I felt a "sub-meme" regarding Evenepoel was also the "doesn't count" argument. It was used so extensively that it felt like a meme, though most people seemed definitely serious while using it. Doesn't count, the opposition was weak. Doesn't count, they let him ride. Doesn't count, not a WT race. Doesn't count, no real climbs/mountains. Then when he started beating Yates, Carapaz, Fuglsang, Majka, Landa, Bennett, Mas... it didn't count because Bernal, Roglic & Pogacar weren't there. The eternal moving goalpost, soon to reach a tipping point "Doesn't count, Evenepoel wasn't there". (I guess that would make it a variation on the "Remco would have won by... minutes").

I felt a "sub-meme" regarding Evenepoel was also the "doesn't count" argument. It was used so extensively that it felt like a meme, though most people seemed definitely serious while using it. Doesn't count, the opposition was weak. Doesn't count, they let him ride. Doesn't count, not a WT race. Doesn't count, no real climbs/mountains. Then when he started beating Yates, Carapaz, Fuglsang, Majka, Landa, Bennett, Mas... it didn't count because Bernal, Roglic & Pogacar weren't there. The eternal moving goalpost, soon to reach a tipping point "Doesn't count, Evenepoel wasn't there".

Just before the tipping point it will be: "Doesn't count cause Mercx/Indurain/Armstrong wasn't there".

TRENDING THREADS