• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best season 2022

Best 2022 Rider.

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2022
Visit site
I was wondering who do people think has made the best season this year.

If anyone think about ohter riders, add their credentials and I will add them to the poll.
For the moment:

Remco: stage race, monument and world championships, the last two of them with exhibitions not seen in many many years.

1 stage Tour Comunitat Valenciana
Tour Algarve, 1 stage
Tour of Norway, 3 stages
Vuelta España, 2 stages
World Champion
Lieja
1 stage Tour the Suisse
Belgium CR Champion

Vingegaard : winning against Pogacar in a impressive manner the most important race of the year.

La drome classic
1 stage Dauphine
Tour de France, 2 stages.
Croatia Tour, 2 stages

Pogacar: Incredible season with highlights in San Remo, Flandes and unapproachable practically all year round except on the Tour de France.

UAE Tour, 2 stages
Strade Bianche
Tirreno, 2 stages
Tour Eslovenia, 2 stages
2ndo Tour de France, 3 stages
Montreal gp
Tres Valles Varesinos
Giro Lombardia

Lets discuss =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I was wondering who do people think has made the best season this year.

If anyone think about ohter riders, add their credentials and I will add them to the poll.
For the moment:

Remco: stage race, monument and world championships, the last two of them with exhibitions not seen in many many years.

1 stage Tour Comunitat Valenciana
Tour Algarve, 1 stage
Tour of Norway, 3 stages
Vuelta España, 2 stages
World Champion
Lieja
1 stage Tour the Suisse
Belgium CR Champion

Vinegaard: winning against Pogacar in a impressive manner the most important race of the year.

La drome classic
1 stage Dauphine
Tour de France, 2 stages.
Croatia Tour, 2 stages

Pogacar: Incredible season with highlights in San Remo, Flandes and unapproachable practically all year round except on the Tour de France.

UAE Tour, 2 stages
Strade Bianche
Tirreno, 2 stages
Tour Eslovenia, 2 stages
2ndo Tour de France, 3 stages
Montreal gp
Tres Valles Varesinos
Giro Lombardia

Lets discuss =)

*Vingegaard

Anyway, the answer is obviously Remco.

The difference being that it wasn't a hypothesis I had beforehand.

I understand. And I was more or less joking because I also think the level in mens cycling is higher by comparison than the female counterpart.

However I think there is also some truth in my joke because if you see analyse how Remco wins his big races in Liege, Sebastián, Vuelta and the WC it isn’t all that different from the way AVV wins her races.

Impossible to look past Remco results wise, so i voted for him. A GT, monument and WC a generational season if you look back at the history of the sport. Would say that Pogacar was consistently the strongest rider throughout the season, with his efforts in the early season monuments right through to Lombardia. WvA also insanely strong at stages of the season as was Vignegaard (albeit generally discounted him as his results were restricted in the main to June/July)

Voted Pogacar. End of September, my vote would have been Remco. But if you don't have the courage to ride the last big race race of year, you lost. Sorry, but I don't reward cowardice. Simple as that.
I voted bollox myself.
This thread is completely unnecessary. Remco had 3 big wins and anybody else had only 1. Case closed.

Last edited:
The way she won the Worlds was ultimate proof that she doesn't have competent opposition at all.
At the other end of age spectrum, Zoe Backstedt was utterly dominant in the juniors and could arguably be included on results alone. First person in history to hold four rainbow jerseys, winning the road and tt by ridiculous margins. Such a shame her and Van Vleuten are a generation apart.

But yes, neither had anything like the level of opposition of Evenepoel.

TRENDING THREADS