• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

best tubular

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering what is the best tubular in the market. In terms of resistance to small sharp object, weight, durability, etc... I am considering continental GP 4000, any other suggestions?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MMMMMMMMM said:
I was wondering what is the best tubular in the market. In terms of resistance to small sharp object, weight, durability, etc... I am considering continental GP 4000, any other suggestions?

GP4000 is great but expensive and the threads, stiching are on the tread side rather than the base tape side. This means-you can't repair and it doesn't 'stick' as well to some deep rims where the stiching tends to conform to the rim better.

Most supple are Vittoria CX, Challenge and Velomax. More durable are Conti Sprinter. I think the Sprinter is the best all around tubular.

TRENDING THREADS