• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Betsy Andreu Appreciation Society

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
If more people were like Betsy Andreu - and were not afraid to stand up for the truth I believe that it could go a long way towards cleaning up Pro Cycling.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh man this takes Lame to a whole new level

what, are we going to organise cupcake Tuesdays where we go over and sit down and she reads Proust to us?

Sigh

Yeah, +4, I'm in.

(only on condition I see that Avatar again okay.)

(in reply to DrMas' comment it more people were like...yes, I agree. I believe a big step can come from the women in the mans life. If she says she'd prefer a life without fame or fortune or the life of the peleton how many guys might not feel under "family responsibility" pressure to Dope just to be leading for another cyclist on their team?

If more women said words to the effect of "I will leave you for the duration of your cycling career if i learn you take harmful/ illegal substances" then maybe more will find the resolve not to partake

Yes, thats why I like what I know of B.A- the way she explained she reacted in the doctors room when LA identified what he took and Frankie didn't bat an eyelid- and how she let Frank have it after (yes, I've been in the same kind of place my wife- and she let me have it)

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
Camus, not Proust, and a bordeaux red

wash your mouth out. Bordeauz red? we have a reputation to protect BlackCat

Jindalee/ Pettavel/ Scotchman's Hill? they'll all within a few kms of your place

Oh, hang on, i think this is a hijack. sorry people

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
Count me in! The wives of more EPO cheats must crusade for the sport they have nothing to do with themselves!

They should also hang around on message boards along side anti Armsrtong cranks that damage their credibility!

You hang around on message boards and post ignorant, cowardly little posts about people who actually have character, which is something the one balled fraud you call a hero and you are absent of. Please, please don't have children you twisted little man.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You hang around on message boards and post ignorant, cowardly little posts about people who actually have character, which is something the one balled fraud you call a hero and you are absent of. Please, please don't have children you twisted little man.
he is a eunuch, no concern WBT

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BanProCycling said:
I have no idea what sort of character Betsy has. I do, however, know what type of determined character Armstrong has. A character that beat very serious cancer and won seven tours in a row. That's why he is so respected.
millions beat cancer, many win the Tour, less have such a vindictive persona and pernicious character.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
I have no idea what sort of character Betsy has. I do, however, know what type of determined character Armstrong has. A character that beat very serious cancer and won seven tours in a row. That's why he is so respected.

He is respected by people who don't know his true character. If they did, they would spit on the ground every time his name gets mentioned. I feel most sorry for his children. They will soon find out that they too are merely a part of his ego feeding psychological problems. Narcissists only approximate real feelings, and they are incredibly destructive to the lives of those closest to them. What a sad thing that he keeps propagating considering his clear inability to see anyone but himself in the mirror.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
Just because I'm intelligent and mature enough to realise that the type of guy that has the dedication to win so many tours in a row, is going to be a pretty tough character, doesn't mean I support Hitler.

It doesn't take a brain sergeon to realise Armstrong is going to be quite single minded and appear cold to many softer souls. It doesn't mean you have to snipe at everything he does. We can't all be party guys all the time.

He can't seem to be much of a father or husband from his track record. Anyone want to place bets on how long it takes him to leave his current baby mom and their progeny? I am guessing within a year and a half we won't hear about either much anymore.

There are paraplegic's who are turds, having a disease or physical malady doesn't make you anything but someone who had/has a disease or physical malady.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
You don't have to like him personally to hugely respect his achievements as as rider. It's not high school.

I don't have to respect anything he does because of the way he achieved his goals.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
He can't seem to be much of a father or husband from his track record. Anyone want to place bets on how long it takes him to leave his current baby mom and their progeny? I am guessing within a year and a half we won't hear about either much anymore.

There are paraplegic's who are turds, having a disease or physical malady doesn't make you anything but someone who had/has a disease or physical malady.
Armstrong is looking to beat Shawn Kemp. He has 7 Tour wins. I think Kemp has about 7 different baby mommas.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
If Armstrong didn't exist you would have to invent him. You clearly have some sort of psychological need to believe he is this terrible man that must be attacked and smeared. It just highlights that there is a problem with you - that won't go away with Armstrong. I pity you. Seriously.

If Armstrong didn't exist, people like you still would. I therefore would still have despicable people to loathe.

However, if Armstrong didn't exist (or someone else who has achieved things you close your eyes and imagine doing), you would have no real life. I don't live vicariously through the exploits of frauds, that is your deal. I just call spades what they are. I don't pity you. I pity the people around you.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
In Armstrong's first book he admits that he has an anger inside of him that goes way back. Indeed, he highlights how this motivated him, and he speculates on whether evey endurance athlete is running away from something in someway. He is open about it.

You, on the other hand, can't see you have any problem at all, and there is no upside to your problem either. It's just hate with no purpose to it. This is very sad.

I don't "hate." I call things like they are. There is a difference between reality and an imagined fantasy regarding someone who wouldn't give you anything more than possibly a twitter. See, Lance would treat you like he treats everyone. He doesn't think people like you are special. He is too busy thinking about how special he thinks he is.

As for my life, at least I don't hero worship people like Lance Armstrong.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
That;s not very nice. Would Betsy approve of this? You'll find that big celebrities often have private lives like this - mixing with other celebrities is a shallow business, and Armstrong is such a big star that he is very much in that world. Does it have anything to do with the respect we have for his achievements as a rider? Of course it doesn't.

Not to people who hero worship achievement instead of respecting character. I don't have much respect for people like you.

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
I actually I mistakenly thought blackcat's was refering to euchmen in her post.

Of course you mean Eichman...but I can see how you mistook that for eunuch.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BanProCycling said:

And Betsy is not equally determined? And that is not why she is respected for her stance against Armstrong's lies and bullying?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I don't "hate." I call things like they are. There is a difference between reality and an imagined fantasy regarding someone who wouldn't give you anything more than possibly a twitter. See, Lance would treat you like he treats everyone. He doesn't think people like you are special. He is too busy thinking about how special he thinks he is.

As for my life, at least I don't hero worship people like Lance Armstrong.
TFF that is their spin, creating an adversarial dynamic, introducing enemies and conspiracy theories. Anti constituencies, haters.

It suits their narrative, seed a few talking points, and let the fanbois run with them.

It is very Bush/Rove/Cheney, create enemies right out of Straussian theory. With us, or against us. Feeds into the non-thinking constituency across America. Under what motivation, could a supposed journalist like King, give Armstrong time to issue conspiracy theory. Would he give it to an African American sprinter like Mo Greene?

A

Anonymous

blackcat said:
TFF that is their spin, creating an adversarial dynamic, introducing enemies and conspiracy theories. Anti constituencies, haters.

It suits their narrative, seed a few talking points, and let the fanbois run with them.

It is very Bush/Rove/Cheney, create enemies right out of Straussian theory. With us, or against us. Feeds into the non-thinking constituency across America. Under what motivation, could a supposed journalist like King, give Armstrong time to issue conspiracy theory. Would he give it to an African American sprinter like Mo Greene?

I know, and it is unfortunate that it is so prevalent in US culture at this juncture. People don't want the truth, they want an idea to believe in, and in our culture the myth of the self made man is one of the most aspired.

I have never disliked Armstrong for his achievements, it is his character and actions that form my opinion. I don't respect anyone for achievement, I respect people who show character. I also don't understand or respect people who do the reverse.

TRENDING THREADS