• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bob Jungels Discussion Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
starlord said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
2 and a half minutes on Yates isn't going to be anywhere near enough with the climbs to come in the next few days
While Yates is a better climber, Jungels showed how good he was in the 3rd week last year. Its not a lock by any means. Obviously hoping Jungels wins.
You can not compare last year's 3rd week with this year's 3rd week, especially when discussing Jungels. This is going to be so much harder for him, I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance. But rooting for him as well.
Yes you can. This year's 3rd week is not noticeably harder than last year - if at all if you are taking last year's stage 13 and 14 into consideration. If you do that, I'd say the last 9 days were harder last year. And he went very well.
Why would I take stage 13 and 14 into consideration? We're talking 3rd week here (after 3rd rest day). Again, it's harder. Noticeably.
Yes, he rode very well but you can not really draw any conclusions what to expect this time.
Anyways, hey ho, let's go, Blitzkrieg Bob! :)

Interesting interview (in german but google translate is fine to get the basics for an english speaker).

He is full of confidence, says that the hardest part is yet to come and he also feels very good. Says that he counts on some favourites to have difficulties in the high mountains. He will be very happy if he finishes inside the top-10 but he also wants to defend his white jersey and he says that the distance to the podium is still very short. He rode this stage on April and the plan is to go fast on Stelvio and then to go faster on Umbrailpass. :D

He is also very happy with his win, mainly because it came after many attacks.

https://www.wort.lu/de/sport/bob-jungels-im-interview-angst-habe-ich-ganz-sicher-nicht-5923cf26a5e74263e13c0327

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.

He lost over two and a half minutes to nibali on blockhaus alone, and without the crash, I think it's safe to assume this is where Yates would have finished roughly

He also said that he had a really bad day on Blockhaus so we shouldn't assume that is his real climbing form this year.

Edit: See, today he got over the climbs with the other contenders for the jersey. Blockhaus was just a bad day. And with another TT still to come it will be very hard for Formolo and Yates to gain enough time on him.

Great, great stage today. Paced himself superbly and as I said yesterday, he isn't the type of guy who tries to follow everyone. Nibali went, he was the first to drop of the group, but then got himself up there and pulled the Pinot/Formolo/Yates group all the way to the top. Chapeau Bob!

PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.

He lost over two and a half minutes to nibali on blockhaus alone, and without the crash, I think it's safe to assume this is where Yates would have finished roughly
Sup bro, Jungels is the ***, this is exactly what he did the last stages last year as well. Noticed how Yatesy struggled keeping up? He also has an ITT in the bank.

Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

Sup bro, Jungels is the ****, this is exactly what he did the last stages last year as well. Noticed how Yatesy struggled keeping up? He also has an ITT in the bank.

Keep on inventing history about Jungels last week in the 2016 Giro - Say it enough and it will become true.

An excellent ride by Jungel's today - He did a good job in the high mountains.

yaco said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

Sup bro, Jungels is the ****, this is exactly what he did the last stages last year as well. Noticed how Yatesy struggled keeping up? He also has an ITT in the bank.

Keep on inventing history about Jungels last week in the 2016 Giro - Say it enough and it will become true.

You have been proved wrong, and yet you still insist? :lol:

yaco said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

What stories?

Attacking 80k from the finish on the Mendelpass and pulling the group in Fai della Paganella to finish 5th among favourites? (with Chaves and Majka dropped in the final and Nibali and Pozzovivo 1 minute down). Or finishing 7th among the favourites in the Risoul stage or 5th among the favourites in the Sant'Anna di Vanadio stage?

Forever The Best said:
yaco said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

Jungels lost over 10 minutes in the last stages ( excluding the parade which is stage 21 ) - Like I said say something enough and you believe it's true.

yaco said:
Forever The Best said:
yaco said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:

Jungels lost over 10 minutes in the last stages ( excluding the parade which is stage 21 ) - Like I said say something enough and you believe it's true.

He finished his GC in 6th, 8'31'' after Nibali. After the Alpe di Siusi MTT he was 8th on GC, 7'14'' after Kruijswijk (and 4'23'' after Nibali). How did he lose more than 10 minutes? :eek: :eek:

Say something enough and you believe it's true.

Ricco' said:
yaco said:
Forever The Best said:
yaco said:
Valv.Piti said:

He finished his GC in 6th, 8'31'' after Nibali. After the Alpe di Siusi MTT he was 8th on GC, 7'14'' after Kruijswijk (and 4'23'' after Nibali). How did he lose more than 10 minutes? :eek: :eek:

Say something enough and you believe it's true.
Just ignore him. :eek:
Great ride by Bobby today, the diesel kicked up!

Just ignore facts because you are wrong.

Giro 2016

Time lost to GC contenders

Stage 13 = 50s
Stage 14 = 6m and 21s
Stage 16 =37s
Stage 19 = 3m and 45s
Stage 20 = 1m and 26s

Fact is Jungels found the last week tough against GC contenders - No shame in that for a young and developing rider - He'll just about match that, if not better it in a stronger 2017 Giro - He's making good progress.

Is stage 14 the last week? Ok, good.

Jungels had a bad day to Corvara, but thats not in the last week. He was formidable in the last week, watch the stage to Vinadio for example, or Paganella. Lmao, Yates was on the limit against rouleur Bobby today in the high mountains today, held on for deer life while the kid time trialled his way to the top. White jersey a given? Give me a break, Bobby J is the man.

Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

:)

PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:

:)
Get lost kid. ;)

#JungelsForWhite

Tomorrow will be crucial for white. If he does not lose any time again I think he has a good shot. Of course he benefitted from Yates' crash but still a very solid ride so far this Giro from Bob. He had his 2 down days which he needs to get under control when he wants to be a real contender in the future but he is only 24.

TRENDING THREADS