• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bobby Julich leaving Team Saxobank/Sungaard

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Riis is known in pro-cycling as greedy as they come-very tight with the money, and making unjustified cuts-so his bank account is always growing. Very sad that loyalty isn't part of his values, and looking back to the teams he has set up, there is no wonder why the talent he discovered/nurtured never lasted....

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
riis is so out of money after signing contador it's ridiculous last thing I heard today is he's talking now with mads christensen as a rider :L

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
riis is so out of money after signing contador it's ridiculous last thing I heard today is he's talking now with mads christensen as a rider :L

Yeah, but shouldn't there be some money now where Cancellara has left :confused:

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
python said:
i think julich's exit has to do with the arrival of pepe marti who's been working with berto and moving with him. you don't need two guys doing the same thing.

i doubt money was the main reason as even the best dss still make barely over 100 000 euros - a pittance compared to a good rider on a protour team.

Pepe Marti is a trainer. I'm not sure that coincides with the duties of junior development. Also, I may have missed something, but the only article I ever saw on the subject said that Mart would leave Astana (where he did do training programs for their juniors) to continue working with Contador, but it wasn't decided if he would work for Saxo Bank Sungard. That was maybe a month ago.

http://www.superdeporte.es/polideportivo/2010/08/20/contador-lleva-saxo-bank-valenciano/103467.html

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Riis must have money problems and is shrinking his team.

(...)

It looks like the team will be built solely around Contador and the TdF.

Yep, now even Frank Hoj, one of the most experienced classics riders, couldn't get a contract anymore

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Gee333 said:
I met him a couple times at the ToC and of the staff working for Saxo he was always the only one that was approachable and friendly with fans, other teams, product reps, etc.

This is what I remember too when I was at ToC. I was on the bonny dune climb and the caravan got stopped in front of us. He was driving the saxo car, and while they were waiting he was talking to some of us on the side of the road. Just a really cool guy. Hope he finds work quick.

TRENDING THREADS