• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

***Book Club***

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

aphronesis said:
Starstruck said:
How's life without the beard and 'stache? This is boring, so boring. Start a thread on gay culture or something. That may be interesting.

You have to leave your sick wife and suck it? Cool. I can't help you. Grow up man: you're more white trash looking for help.

Denial is something else; thrash about all you need to.

My wife really isn't sick (other than mild - thankfully- lupus), so the doctors say. I tend to believe them. She's right here reading this nonsense and we're laughing.

She works with kids, many of whom have been sexually abused, along with every other type of abuse. Epidemic.

I may be white trash but I'm not looking for help from a repressed queen. Thanks anyway.

Starstruck said:
aphronesis said:
Starstruck said:
How's life without the beard and 'stache? This is boring, so boring. Start a thread on gay culture or something. That may be interesting.

You have to leave your sick wife and suck it? Cool. I can't help you. Grow up man: you're more white trash looking for help.

My wife really isn't sick (other than mild - thankfully- lupus), so the doctors say. I tend to believe them. She's right here reading this nonsense and we're laughing.

She works with kids, many of whom have been sexually abused, along with every other type of abuse. Epidemic.

I may be white trash but I'm not looking for help from a repressed queen. Thanks anyway.

Well little tiger, why not engage elsewhere on the forum?

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

aphronesis said:
Starstruck said:
aphronesis said:
Starstruck said:

Well little tiger, why not engage elsewhere on the forum?

Head fake duck jab. I posted a book and somebody followed me here. Left cross, straight right.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Star baby: I know you're warm and in the trauma/repeption zone, but get that post that wants to hear about your life.

I'm more interested in hearing about your life as a (married to a female) gay man. Let's talk trauma. Mine is screwed up but, you know, it comes in waves. I'm more comfortable being incarnated in this ape shape all the time now that the WTF of it all has reached a new bottom. I don't think I can traumatize myself any further over what's taking place on this planet.

You, on the other hand, seem to have just begun a journey.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Cool story bro. You're obviously a trauma leech.

Sorry that my multiplicity is bogging up your backwoods, redneck categories.

Shooter can't help but miss. Your multiplicity, rub it raw. Mean queens are a dime a dozen. Hell, I have a buddy that lives next to a gaggle. They're hilarious. I could introduce you.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ummm right... so...... Books?

For people who liked 'The Road' I would heartily recommend 'Riddley Walker' by Russel Hoban.

You have to stick with it.... it takes a few pages before you can understand what the words mean, but by the end of the book you are reading at normal speed. Then you pick up another book and go ' What the hell?'

Re:

PatrickLeeds said:
Ummm right... so...... Books?

For people who liked 'The Road' I would heartily recommend 'Riddley Walker' by Russel Hoban.

You have to stick with it.... it takes a few pages before you can understand what the words mean, but by the end of the book you are reading at normal speed. Then you pick up another book and go ' What the hell?'

I did like the Road but Riddley Walker did not engage me. Never finished it.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Man I really need to learn finishing one book before starting another, but somehow I'm busy with three books at the moment, all which, though I don't necessarily agree with the philosophies espoused in these books, I found interesting reads (at least up until the point where I am now).

Leo Tolstoy - War and Peace
Karl Marx - Manifesto of the Communist Party
Jordan Peterson - Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief

Blizted--Norman Ohler.
A truly fascinating account by a historian of drug use in Nazi Germany.
The guy goes into great detail about how an entire country got hooked on methamphetamines (aka crystal myth).
Everyone from the highest ranking military officer to your everyday housewife, student, doctor, janitor, etc.
Basically, drugs were responsible for the Blitzkrieg.

the delgados said:
Blizted--Norman Ohler.
The guy goes into great detail about how an entire country got hooked on methamphetamines (aka crystal myth).
Everyone from the highest ranking military officer to your everyday housewife, student, doctor, janitor, etc.
I get what you're saying. However, this might be better brought up in the Clinic?

Just so you don't get yourself banned, or anything like that.

Tricycle Rider said:
the delgados said:
Blizted--Norman Ohler.
I get what you're saying. However, this might be better brought up in the Clinic?

Just so you don't get yourself banned, or anything like that.

Ha! Nice one.
But no, I'm not goofing around. The book is a real page-turner.

"The Man Who Changed Everything: The Life of James Clerk Maxwell' by Basil Mahon.

This is the perfect book for someone like me; I'm interested in science history and biographies, but forgot most of Maxwell's equations immediately after the exam. The book is one of many written about Maxwell and its scope is rather limited, but I enjoyed it very much.

Also, it's refreshing to read about a great scientist, thinker and innovator who was NOT persecuted and ridiculed by his contemporaries. Maxwell seems to have been both happy and well-regarded, even if the true value of his work would not be appreciated until after his death.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS