• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brabantse Pijl: April 17th, 2019

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Brabantse Pijl 2019?

• Alberto Bettiol

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Ben Hermans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daryl Impey

• Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Mathieu van der Poel

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Michael Matthews

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Petr Vakoč

• Sonny Colbrelli

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tim Wellens

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jagartrott said:
Der Effe said:
It's strange to say, considering the competition, but it was quite an easy one for Mathieu. Best cyclist in the world, no one comes even close.
Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves maybe?
Today was good, but only Brabantse Pijl. Ronde was more impressive. But best rider in the world, with no-one coming close? That's simply ridiculous.

Wake me up when Valverde and Sagan are owning CX and riding podium in MTB

Gigs_98 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
So Mathieu is exactly as good as I thought he might be.

Really get a Sagan vibe but different. Less of a mass sprinter, but far more endurance and in-race recuperation then Sagan had as young rider. Sagan in his younger years often lacked a bit in the finals of big races.
MvdP doesn't seem to have that. And he is so freakishly confident. You're going to the line with Alaphilippe and Matthews and trust in your sprint?

And then not only did he win he absolutely schooled them. After his initial acceleration the rest was already gone. Even if Matthews wasn't boxed he clearly stood no chance at all. It's incredible.

And then to think he already attacked hard with 60+km to go when the rest was still taking it easy. For **** sake. Unstoppable
At this point I wonder if he could actually compete in mass sprints. I mean If you completely dominate Alaphilippe and Matthews in a sprint you have to start asking that question
Matthews is slightly fresher than everyone else with the lack of racing, but missing that 1/2% atm. Still, VdP winning a sprint against Matthews and Allaphilippe after a race like this is another level. Matthews at 100% may have beaten him, but I wouldn't bet on it.

This kid is the best all round bike rider in the world. No doubt.