• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
from your previous posts, it is clear you not only lack intricacies of the many political subjects discussed here and elsewhere, but also are taking your expertise too seriously and too far. 'my relative works here or there and therefore i may be informed better sn't enough here. despite attempting to look 'balanced' you're actually giving away a closet zealot when a political issue you bet on is questioned. you are also showing yourself to read too literally or lacking a skill to read context. i did not doubt the may survival, i was ironic about the mess she british politics is in.

if you want to be a tool of fearmongering politicians, please be so. ii only means you are a tool of someone who's position you took to heart.

Re:

python said:
so what is next ?

that may will survive a no confidence vote seems to flow from a recent survival of the same, though, i would not bet on anything in the current mess the uk politicians are...

Again. you don't understand what is going on. Today's vote is a vote of no confidence in the government. It is NOT a no confidence vote in May.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

macbindle said:
python said:
so what is next ?

that may will survive a no confidence vote seems to flow from a recent survival of the same, though, i would not bet on anything in the current mess the uk politicians are...

Again. you don't understand what is going on. Today's vote is a vote of no confidence in the government. It is NOT a no confidence vote in May.
as noted above, you are showing the primitiveness of your understanding of the rather simple political issue.i did not refer to the may's resignation from the pm role. no where. but about the survival of the may govt.. a rather usual political indirect reference, when for instance, commentators refer to countries by their capitals....you are blinded by my previous exposures of your biases, and understandably cant asses a simple issue w/o some sort of emotional bias.
ps. dozens of article are loaded with 'may's defeat' etc whereas no one would doubt, except perhaps zealots like you, that the govt lead by may was meant.

Upthread you posited the possibility of May winning today's vote because she has won one before.

She hasn't 'won one before'

You may now understand the difference between the two confidence votes because I have schooled you, but you clearly didn't understand the difference when you made the post I quote above.

In the interest of conducting a discussion with integrity, it really would be better for you to own your mistakes.

"May's defeat" yesterday refers to a proposition she was putting forward. She lost because many in her own government voted against it. Nobody in her government or parliamentary party will vote against themselves today...which is why the very thing that YOU present as a possibility, is impossible.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
poor guy, you only schooled everyone that a pedant like you is incapable of a wider association when reading an elementary indirect political references. passing own inadequacy in catching up, as a lack of someone's intricacy is typical of your self righteousness not dissimilar to your recent argument that you are better informed b/c you had a relative working in some capacity to know.

grossly misinterpreting a fact of no confidence vote that may had survived in december is anotether indication of either ignorance or a being hurt by a rather transparent reference to it. may did survive a no confidence vote in december, sparky. and that's just about how most paper term it.

in the context of conducting an internet discussion, it would be appropriate if use thing like 'imo', 'i disagree' or just owning up to your multiple cases of where you try to look smarter or better informed than someone. but actually winding up a joke.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
your inability to force your opinion upon some or figuring out that folks are free to use indirect references and parallels, does not make them wrong. it makes you look foolish. your opinions about the brexit dont make them facts.

whether you should acknowledge it looks self righteous, i am going to leave up to you.

but the moment you tell someone questioning you to do something, you reveal a lack of something more substantial.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
no one but you, sparky, referred to the different nature of the 2 confidence votes. i never did, nor one in this thread did.

clearly you needed some red herring to extract yourself from the embarrassing self-made 'i caught you' and the self-righteous lecturing that the 'may survival' i used can refer in the context to anything but the 'may govt survival'. a poor diversion you resorted to, sparky.

despite myself clearly understanding the nature of the december no confidence vote coming from within her own party, i only referred to it in the terms 'just like'. the parallel was implied, not the background. but you failed to see it, b/c your goal was to look smarter and better informed, rather ingage into a rational discussion or- better yet - ask if i misunderstood what i wrote.

in a similar manner, you invented some words i supposedly used, proceeded to call it the ' lack of intricacy', and eventually to demand i accept your majesty's rightness. how could i if i never used the words 'may's defeat' or 'may winning' but 'may's survival'.

a pedant lacking elementary accuracy and quoting what's available for everyone to verify, and moreover demanding being right, is a joke.

you are 'done' b/c i amply exposed the artificial, intentionally misleading tricks of yours.

Clearly your ugly prose betrays your struggle with English (Not your fault...just be aware that you may not mean the sentences you think you are writing) and your descent into personal attack throughout indicates that you have no actual point to make.

Let's leave it there. I know of old that you frequently seek to denigrate other posters, but that more often than not you end up owning yourself. It takes a particular sort of person to achieve that, and I'm sure we will all be delighted to offer you a round of applause.

I'm happy to provide you with some reading material in order that you better understand the political debate you are trying to enter, such that you are able to make posts with some sort of appreciable accuracy and quality.

Please take this offer as symbolic of the hand of friendship.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
sparky, my ugly prose in english was clearly sufficient to expose the cheap tricks you used. with verifiable facts. if you want to avoid the embarrassment in the future, i have an advice, use a respectable manner of conducting an internet discussion. until then, you need to blame yourself for cheap 'i-got-you' or the 'lacking of intricacy displacing your own ignorance and lack of a wider view.

had it been not the case, you'd not lie publicly that you're done and would not come here to whine and revert my my english...another self righteous act with an insecure offer of friendship wrapped into several insults. i an aware of you posting too well, sparky. if you want your exposures to stop, do what you say you will.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
few if anyone trust the last word that had been violated with the ease of a pyss. if you need to share something, i am more that open-minded, but i will not waste time on the lectures from someone resorting to cheap trick 'i got you' b/c 'may's survival' could mean anything other than may 'govt survival'.

post what you want. if i find it worth the discussion i will address it. simple. this is my offer of helping you to figure, it's a public forum where no one is forced to post or read anything. shoot your 'humility' into the court.

Pointing out a misunderstanding that is FUNDAMENTAL to the political issues at hand is not a cheap trick. I appreciate that you are attempting to use a language that is not your native tongue, and leeway can be accorded...but for the insufferable and pompous nature of your attitude. I don't think I would have the arrogance to behave like you on a forum conducted in one of my other languages about an issue which I patently do not understand. But hey...that's you. You carry on...but I'll only be discussing British politics with people who understand what they are, from now on. Ciao ciao!!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
but you were done. a second lie in a row...not even blinking :lol:

if you appreciated me using english as a language not my native, you'd not call it an ugly prose..

whining a truck-full of of sensitivities while abusing and insulting someones use of a language is just another example of your lack of being candid.

again, boy, 'may's survival' is commonly understood 'as the may govt survival'. until you learn to use a respectable way of addressing the elementary indirect reference when it flies over your head, you can not force anyone to being right and them being wrong. it is difficult to accept being selfrighteous, but that's what you come across like.

and btw, stop clogging the thread with your less then mature utterences not worth an adult. it is you boy who patently does not understand. and when you dont, you always have the option of asking/clarifying. you neglected it for cheap lectures on the non-issue in your pompous manner. again, ' may's survival' can only mean the may govt survival if one wasn't bent on looking smarter or better informed.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re:

macbindle said:
Anyway, everybody else, moving swiftly away from the litany of posts which demonstrate what it would look like if words could be vomited,
:lol: and you have the arrogance to whine about being called a sparky ? calling someone's words who simply did not agree 'vomiting'. sparky, btw, dont take the tag too seriously, it's just a common reference to someone who can not accept the elementary, obvious things.

not to fall for your cheap diversions, but i have to remind you and everyone who's still interested in why you resorted to clogging the thread.

i simply referred to the 'may survival' in a post above in the context of today's vote. to which there was a gushing flood of:1) i lack intricacies, b/c it is not about the 'may winning' (the words i never used); 2) i doubted the vote (which is clearly false) based on my ironic remark about the uk political turmoil. 3) the 2 votes are different (which was never a subject nor my intent in referencing the December vote.

i patiently explained where i was coming from...that i perfectly knew the may vote was not abou the pm vote but about her govt...explained the irony, explained the what mc misunderstood.

an offer of a lecture was put forward about the 'intricacies' instead of just letting the issue slide. or simply allowing for own misunderstanding of a poster..

we now have some space wasted b/c i did not feel the lecture was necessary. an offer to post the lecture and it's references publicly, with an option me having a choice, was referred to as my 'ugly english prose' and the 'vomiting'.

why is the poster resorting to his highness offers which are just the cheap masking of own lack of attention to context, why is such a poster still allowed to manipulate a non-issue ? cant accept being embarrassed ?

and here he bla

Yep. I don’t see why Corbyn isn’t going for the throat and pointing out the fact that the Tories have removed everyone else from the making of the deal which has been an abject failure. They know that the EU won’t negotiate anymore, so now they want to involve others to spread the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS