• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48778506

The Institute for Fiscal Studies has estimated that Mr Hunt's proposals, including a corporation tax cut and an increase in defence spending, would cost a total of between £37-£68bn.

It concluded the foreign secretary's plans would leave no scope to relieve the pressure on other spending departments without tax rises or risking higher borrowing.

The IFS also analysed Mr Johnson's tax plan, which includes increasing the threshold for the highest rate of income tax, and concluded it would cost "many billions" and benefit the wealthy most.

Geezus ... more money for the rich, what a briiliant idea. Then again, who are the people who'll decide this race?

Re: Re:

nevele neves said:
macbindle said:
Why are you so eager to defend fascists?
You have my posts on an alarm. That is cute.

I see you spelled fascist correct.

I'm still confused where you got the idea I am defending a fascist. Just because I said he had to pay a fine?

Maths not your strong point? You responded quicker to my post than I did to yours.

Of course you are defending him. No need to be coy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7190081/BBC-censored-Boriss-insult-French.html
The BBC covered up a Boris Johnson outburst in which he accused the French of being 'turds' over Brexit.

The crude remark, made when he was foreign secretary, was supposed to feature in a fly-on-the-wall TV documentary.

But the Foreign Office successfully begged for it to be cut, according to insiders. The claim is corroborated by a leaked Whitehall memo seen by the Mail. It said the gaffe would make Anglo-French relations 'awkward'.

With the TdF coming up, I would not like to be a UK rider (in regards to what might thrown in their direction - remember there's some angry French farmers out there) :D

Ha ha ha it's hilarious. Boris expects a better deal outside of a trading bloc than from within one, from the trading bloc itself.

And when he can't get it....they are turds :lol:

The fantasy that goes on in some people's heads is quite incredible. It's as if they think the UK is still some sort of imperial power and can get what it wants without question with some kind of self-entitled exceptionalism. This is why the Brexiteers keep harking back to imagery and mythology of empire. They cite the second world war as evidence of the UK's greatness, failing to acknowledge that it ended a lifetime ago, and that we were only on the winning side because our geography made invasion difficult for the Germans, and that the Russians (and Americsns) won the war for us. Ah but the fabled Dunkirk spirit!! (ie. only just manage to run away)

There is no going back to the 19th century. It's gone, it's over. Our future lies in co-operation not isolation. Talk of hope and optimism is a denial of hard realities.

The left?

Brexit is a cross-party issue :lol:

Hmmm....let's see what 9 years of right-wing government has brought us shall we? A complete political crisis with utter inertia in government, falling living standards, growing child poverty, working people reliant on food banks, an exponential growth in homeless rough sleepers, a crumbling healthcare social care and education system, a crumbling judicial system, record stabbing rates, police barely able to respond to high grade emergencies, sharply rising inequality.

And the solution proposed by future tory leaders? Tax cuts for the wealthy :lol: :lol:

Any nation can decide it's own trade deals if it wants, but pretty much every other nation in the world has realised that stronger deals can be found in trade blocs.

Re:

rick james said:
And the right will keep winning becomes people can see straight through the left wing ideology.....

The fact the left can’t see that is the thing that’s most funny about it...

Let's have a look at the last 22 years shall we?

13 years of Labour government (huge majority each time)

5 years of coalition government (because the right wing couldn't win enough votes to form a government)

2 years of Conservative government. (well done!)

2 years of coalition government (because the right wing couldn't get a majority)

Reality isnt a major part of your existence is it. Anyway, I've been sucked into a debate with you again, which I said I wouldn't because it's like trying to hold a conversation with a plank of wood.

I'm out. Have a great day and enjoy the sun.

Re: Re:

macbindle said:
I'm not assuming anything. My post isnt about you. It's about the points you make.
Brexit is a cross-party issue you utter numpty :lol:
The way you call people names it seems you make your posts about the other person.
You go on and on about brexit fascist. Even when you can't spell it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...arty-is-ready-to-fight-every-westminster-seat
Nigel Farage has promised that his Brexit party will have candidates ready to fight in every Westminster constituency within days, as he said he would battle hard even against a Boris Johnson-led government that promised a no-deal departure.

Speaking at a noisy rally in Birmingham, which saw the first 100 candidates paraded before the crowd but not named, Farage said it was impossible to trust either Johnson or Jeremy Hunt over their Brexit plans.

You lucky people you! :lol:

The thing about Farage is, what will he do if he inadvertently wins? He'd *** his pants.

This is a man who hasn't actually done anything in his life other than coalesce the stupid around an imaginary enemy. Heaven forfend if he actually had to think up solutions to real problems ;)

Re:

macbindle said:
The thing about Farage is, what will he do if he inadvertently wins? He'd *** his pants.

This is a man who hasn't actually done anything in his life other than coalesce the stupid around an imaginary enemy. Heaven forfend if he actually had to think up solutions to real problems ;)

sounds like a description of magic grandpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS