• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You (and your little sidekick) are way out of your depth here in every way. You've nothing to say and, let's be honest, nobody is interested in you. Why not stick to the parts of the forum where you can contribute because it is beginning to look like your presence here is designed just to provoke and annoy. In other words troll.

I'm pretty bored with you now so this is the last response from me to you.

Trouble in paradise ...
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ed-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home
Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.

The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.

A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

The neighbour said that after becoming concerned they knocked on the door but received no response. “I [was] hoping that someone would answer the door and say ‘We’re okay’. I knocked three times and no one came to the door.”

The neighbour decided to call 999. Two police cars and a van arrived within minutes, shortly after midnight, but left after receiving reassurances from both the individuals in the flat that they were safe.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Trouble in paradise ...
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ed-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home
Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.

The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.

A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

The neighbour said that after becoming concerned they knocked on the door but received no response. “I [was] hoping that someone would answer the door and say ‘We’re okay’. I knocked three times and no one came to the door.”

The neighbour decided to call 999. Two police cars and a van arrived within minutes, shortly after midnight, but left after receiving reassurances from both the individuals in the flat that they were safe.

I see that the Tory rags are desperately trying to smear the neighbours who called the police.

Having a domestic bust-up and blaming the neighbours is quite ... brexity.

Re: Re:

macbindle said:
Robert5091 said:
Trouble in paradise ...

I see that the Tory rags are desperately trying to smear the neighbours who called the police.

Having a domestic bust-up and blaming the neighbours is quite ... brexity.

It's absolutely disgusting. 2 women are murdered by a current or former partner every week in the UK. It doesn't matter who someone is, if there is a suspicion of domestic violence, you report it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...hip-media-blitz-jeremy-hunt-calls-him-bottler
Boris Johnson’s Tory leadership campaign will be forced into the open on Tuesday with a slew of stage-managed appearances, amid mounting criticism that the frontrunner has been dodging public scrutiny by avoiding TV debates and questions on his private life.

Multiple Conservative party sources have told the Guardian that Johnson’s campaign team had attempted to downgrade media access to party hustings and he was called a “bottler” for refusing to attend a Sky News debate this week by someone close to the campaign for his rival, Jeremy Hunt.

Sources close to Johnson said he was preparing a “media blitz” in the coming days, beginning with five closely controlled events on Tuesday, in an attempt to show their candidate is not in hiding following a late-night altercation with his partner that prompted neighbours to call the police.

Sky News has said it will cancel the planned debate on Tuesday unless Johnson agrees to take part. “Sky News has been planning to hold a debate tomorrow between the two remaining candidates in the Conservative leadership election. Jeremy Hunt has agreed to take part but Boris Johnson has so far declined the invitation,” a spokesman said.

Must see TV! :lol:

Re:

macbindle said:
Another thick facist thug gets his comeuppance. Turns out he has nine other previous convictions.

'Yellow vest' protester found guilty of assaulting journalist

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/25/yellow-vest-protester-found-guilty-of-assault-against-journalist?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Now who was it who was defending this thug on this forum a few months back?
He only had to pay fines? From the article he was cleared on a worse offense?

Next thing you know there will be citizens fined for throwing milkshakes.

Re:

macbindle said:
So what? I'm not defending him.

You, on the other hand, are defending a facist street thug :rolleyes:
I can't understand what I posted has brought you to a conclusion that I defended a fascist street thug. I did point out that he had to pay fines for his transgressions. Just like I did for the fat fascist who tossed a milkshake.

Some sorta twitch or what? You obviously do not know the meaning of fascist, since you have demonstrated a failure to spell it correctly.

Re:

macbindle said:
Of course you are defending him. You are trying to suggest some sort of moral equivalence with your whataboutery.
Protesters are all usually the same, until either right or left cross the line and assault someone. That is exactly what the so called yellow vest citizen did and exactly what that fat pig did. That is not an opinion it is exactly how the law sees it.

Sorry to hurt your sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.