• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brits don't dope?

Page 128 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Funny how posters demand evidence and then ignore it.

IAAF vice president (now current president) was British at a time when IAAF officials were found to be accepting money for making positive tests disappear and people scream for 'evidence'!

That is one piece of evidence in a long line of dots that when joined posters still scream, no 'evidence'.

Sport is corrupt. That has been proven over and over. For posters to demand evidence is pretty sad.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Evidence of Mo Farah lying about his Coach Jama Aden

https://twitter.com/Swift__Girl/status/764795945523482624

Aden's daughter outs Mo Farah.

Farah claimed in a question put to him by Irish Journalist that he didn't know Aden and the photo was a fan photo.

See evidence. Lying. Why lie? What is Farah hiding as an athlete? Answer = doping.
b..b..but isn't Farah under close supervision from UKAD?
they're probably target-testing him as we speak. :rolleyes:

Re:

Benotti69 said:

Farah claimed in a question put to him by Irish Journalist that he didn't know Aden and the photo was a fan photo.

See evidence. Lying. Why lie? What is Farah hiding as an athlete? Answer = doping.

That's old news. Literally and figuratively. Once news came of Aden's doping practices and how he's worked with some 'well known' athletes, Farah quickly distanced himself from him. It's really a quick fix. Done before. Cycling has had TONS of that.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
^that's true.
it's the oldest trick in the book.
the question though is what are UKAD doing to catch him?
In the Stevens case, UKAD claimed they announce their in-competition testing on twitter just so that they can then target-test the guys who decide to not show up at the race. The same with the whereabouts form (see Pooley's comments on Armistead's case): UKAD allegedly target-test athletes who make many sudden changes in their whereabouts form.
In other words, UKAD claim they're looking for specific reasons to target-test certain athletes and not others.
Now, for Mo I think everybody agrees UKAD have been given plenty of reasons to target-test him.
Well, have they?
I strongly doubt it.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what criteria they use to decide on targeting. I'm sure you agree there has to be criteria, yes?

Dodgy values or hearsay or both. Who knows, I don't.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
Benotti69 said:

That's old news. Literally and figuratively. Once news came of Aden's doping practices and how he's worked with some 'well known' athletes, Farah quickly distanced himself from him. It's really a quick fix. Done before. Cycling has had TONS of that.

I know it is old but those with blinkers obviously need to see the evidence more than once :p

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

kwikki said:
Depends on what criteria they use to decide on targeting. I'm sure you agree there has to be criteria, yes?

If "strong suspicions of connections between athlete and one or more exposed doping coaches/doctors" doesn't count, I don't know what does. And there's Mo's missed test(s?) of course.

And regardless of the criteria, if all the news surrounding Mo hasn't triggered UKAD to target-test him I take that as evidence of UKAD's incompetence at best, and of their complicity in doping at worst.

Benotti69 said:
BullsFan22 said:
Benotti69 said:

I know it is old but those with blinkers obviously need to see the evidence more than once :p

Yes, but it doesn't matter how many times they see it, if they aren't paying attention to it.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

sniper said:
kwikki said:

If "strong suspicions of connections between athlete and one or more exposed doping coaches/doctors" doesn't count, I don't know what does. And there's Mo's missed test(s?) of course.

And regardless of the criteria, if all the news surrounding Mo hasn't triggered UKAD to target-test him I take that as evidence of UKAD's incompetence at best, and of their complicity in doping at worst.

I don't disagree

sniper said:
kwikki said:

This used to be Walsh's bread and butter investigation of connecting the dots. Alas it's really only been Letsrun.com and other blogs sites that have done the work. There is an awful lot of coincidences in Mo's timeline but I don't see the appetite for any mainstream publication to really want to peel back the layers and see what's there.

Runners are also fortunate that they don't have a 21 day event in which journalists could hit them with questions each day about their associations.

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
British beating those pesky doped up Chinese cheaters in the medal table at the moment. What a brilliant advertisement for clean sports for other countries to aspire to.

I read that before the games, that the British federation had a goal of 48 (or around 50) medals. They are currently at 35. With still almost half of the Olympics to go, that shouldn't be a problem at this rate. I think it's too bad that the team hasn't included Froome in track cycling, and any of the athletics events (marathon included). I mean, just look at the way he ran up Ventoux. He'd surely give Mo a far better competition than those pesky Kenyans! :lol:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
As Walsh noted wrt the British medal haul in 2012, UK have specifically targeted sports where doping is less prevalent, allowing them to compete clean and win many medals. Damn why didn't other countries think of that.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rehy90 said:
PremierAndrew said:
Cavendish 11 seconds faster in the IP than in the worlds

Nothing to see here

there is no way you improve this much at this level in just a few months...crazy

TeamGB have the marginal gains so down that a morning on the marginal gains will change a rider. :lol:

TRENDING THREADS