• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brits don't dope?

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ontheroad said:
thehog said:
ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/timeline-of-ukad-investigation-into-team-sky-and-british-cycling/

Where are we with this prolonged nvestigation and will the select hearing re-convene and call up Richard Freeman now that parliament is on the verge of re-assembling?

The committee dissolved once parliament went to election, the committee will not continue unless restarted with new members and a new chair.

So what you are saying is that the committee's work could yet be left unfinished? After Richard's Freeman's last submissions we were left with more questions than answers, I would have thought it in the public interest to at least recall him for a hearing to give his side of the story after Brailsford, Sutton and Cope basically said 'you will need to ask Richard'.

Unless the committee is reformed that's the end of it. Freeman gave written evidence due of his ill health. The committee was working towards producing a report on funding and doping in sport. That report may not see the light of day, although the comiteee did conclude their report on the FAA.

thehog said:
ontheroad said:
thehog said:
ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/timeline-of-ukad-investigation-into-team-sky-and-british-cycling/

Where are we with this prolonged nvestigation and will the select hearing re-convene and call up Richard Freeman now that parliament is on the verge of re-assembling?

The committee dissolved once parliament went to election, the committee will not continue unless restarted with new members and a new chair.

So what you are saying is that the committee's work could yet be left unfinished? After Richard's Freeman's last submissions we were left with more questions than answers, I would have thought it in the public interest to at least recall him for a hearing to give his side of the story after Brailsford, Sutton and Cope basically said 'you will need to ask Richard'.

Unless the committee is reformed that's the end of it. Freeman gave written evidence due of his ill health. The committee was working towards producing a report on funding and doping in sport. That report may not see the light of day, although the comiteee did conclude their report on the FAA.

I can't imagine all of those independent investigative journalists and media out there will be satisfied with the explanations given to date!!

So we just have to take their word that Wiggins got a packet of Fluimacil and all of the Sky staff were on corticosteroids!! And Sir Brad won the tour pan y agua. Basically nobody seen anything or knew anything.

ontheroad said:
thehog said:
ontheroad said:
thehog said:
ontheroad said:

I can't imagine all of those independent investigative journalists and media out there will be satisfied with the explanations given to date!!

So we just have to take their word that Wiggins got a packet of Fluimacil and all of the Sky staff were on corticosteroids!! And Sir Brad won the tour pan y agua. Basically nobody seen anything or knew anything.

The UKAD investigation is still in flight, however we all know what happens to UKAD Investgations when there is no oversight.

MartinGT said:
Wasn't Wiggins going to 'shock' people with his say after the investiagtion was over?

Well, it's over so come on Bradley...... :rolleyes:

Indeed, this is what he said back in March.

“It’s been horrible,” Wiggins said of the case. “But fortunately there is an investigation going on.

“It’s the worst thing to be accused of when you’re a man of my integrity, if you like, what I believe anyway, and what I’ve done to get where I am today.

“Fortunately there’s an investigation and I obviously can’t say too much because that will run its course and then I’ll have my say.

“There’s a lot to say and it’s going to shock a few people.”

Although at the speed that the UKAD investigation appears to be proceeding at, it looks like Wiggins will be in his forties before he is able to shock us!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
UK Anti-Doping‏ @ukantidoping 2h2 hours ago

1/2 you can't measure prevalence by the no. of tests & no. of ADRVs. No one knows, or will ever know, the true figure.

2/2 What is important is that the vast majority of British athletes compete clean. Their voices and stories need to be heard.

No one knows, or will ever know, the true figure......vast majority of British athletes compete clean

Such BS.

Anit-doping more PR than anything of substance. This is the JV playbook. Avoid giving accurate info that you can be called on later. Obfuscate and confuse.

Watching Stage 12 of the TDF, seeing Cummings solo off the front and the brave Sky contingent stomping the life out of all contenders, I thank my stars that cycling has been rescued by the Brits . . . showing the barbarians how it's done properly, with the right training and wholesome nutrition, knowing how to warm down, proper stretching technique, watching those doorknobs, all cleans, all pure.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/01/british-cycling-investigates-helper-alleged-drugs-us

"Angus Fraser was named in a deposition in a case settled out of court in the United States in which he was alleged to have administered performance-enhancing drugs to former US junior cyclists in 1990 without their knowledge or consent. The Scotsman was also said to have injected riders on the British team ANC-Halfords with unknown substances in the 1980s."

Fraser connected to lots, including Sutton.

Cycling is a small sport.

Next ...
http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/41489907
Dan Evans: British tennis player banned for one year for positive cocaine test
_96613699_evans.jpg

Durham batsman Jack Burnham has been banned for a year after testing positive for a recreational drug.

The 20-year-old failed the test under the England and Wales Cricket Board's illicit drugs policy after providing a hair sample in September.

This is as far as I can tell outside the remit of UKAD, and is crickets own internal policy about recreation use of illegal drugs.
Never heard of a hair test being using under the WADA code.