• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brits don't dope?

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Benotti69 said:
Craigee said:

TeamGB need this to happen to get rid of Wiggins.
TeamGB needs it.
And so shall it commence
'Jason clearly has a particular goal in his sights over the next three years'

I'd imagine his goal is getting the f'ing knighthood that everyone else with similar success has had.

Re:

Singer01 said:
Come on, a load of idiots being busted for a bit of toot has nothing to do with the clinic.

The question is why are they being busted now?

Options

Sportsmen & women have only just started using coke? Seems unlikely.

New guidance from UKAD? Possible but why this rather than PEDs?

New better bit of kit that enables more/better detection? Again why the focus here?

New broom at UKAD that wants to highlight a few mid-tier athletes to make examples of so other more high profile people will take the threats of exposure seriously and pay the necessary bung?

Something else?

We discovered that UKAD had opened up an investigation into practices at BC/Team Sky over a year ago (6th October 2016) to be precise. Do we even know how this is coming along or why it is taking the length of time it is?

What about the select committee hearing, after Doctor Freeman's faked sickie to avoid giving evidence do we know if either he or Wiggins are due to be called to give further evidence. It all has the feel of another 'drag this out long enough and people will forget about it' story.

No credible answer to the contents of the jiffy bag, ludicrous statements around the use of 55 vials of kenacort, made up stories of stolen laptops, a roadtrip for the ages to deliver a €7 package not to mention Pooley's whereabouts and an offer about ratting on another team to dampen the initial story.

Another 2 grand tours of utter dominance later and the only conclusion I can draw is that nobody cares. When it comes to our sporting heroes it is easier to look the other direction.

ontheroad said:
We discovered that UKAD had opened up an investigation into practices at BC/Team Sky over a year ago (6th October 2016) to be precise. Do we even know how this is coming along or why it is taking the length of time it is?

What about the select committee hearing, after Doctor Freeman's faked sickie to avoid giving evidence do we know if either he or Wiggins are due to be called to give further evidence. It all has the feel of another 'drag this out long enough and people will forget about it' story.

No credible answer to the contents of the jiffy bag, ludicrous statements around the use of 55 vials of kenacort, made up stories of stolen laptops, a roadtrip for the ages to deliver a €7 package not to mention Pooley's whereabouts and an offer about ratting on another team to dampen the initial story.

Another 2 grand tours of utter dominance later and the only conclusion I can draw is that nobody cares. When it comes to our sporting heroes it is easier to look the other direction.

Without a new or more from the previous whistleblower, it'll not be going anywhere. For some, "silence is golden". The "ludicrous statements" say a lot, but you can not lock people up for saying stupid things.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
How did it come to be that we speak of the jiffy-bag-leak as a whistleblower?
Also, have people not seen Digger's tweet that guy who leaked the jiffy bag was Sutton?
So let's just call him Sutton. And while Sutton is a lot of things, for *** sake he's not a whistleblower.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Parker said:
sniper said:
Whistleblower?
You mean Sutton?
Are we calling him a whistleblower now?
Someone from within Sky gave anonymous fairly detailed testimony the the DCMS committee about Sky's medical program around 2011-12. It's all on the DCMS website. (There's a link on one of the the other dozen Sky threads)
You mean the guy who said everything was above board?
:lol:

sniper said:
Parker said:
sniper said:
Whistleblower?
You mean Sutton?
Are we calling him a whistleblower now?
Someone from within Sky gave anonymous fairly detailed testimony the the DCMS committee about Sky's medical program around 2011-12. It's all on the DCMS website. (There's a link on one of the the other dozen Sky threads)
You mean the guy who said everything was above board?
:lol:
The DCMS called him a whistleblower, not me

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm asking what whistleblower Robert is referring to.
Clearly he's not referring to the guy on the DCMS website saying Team Sky are above board. I don't care what the DCMS call him.
Robert I think is referring to the jiffy bag leak, but correct me if wrong.
If so, I'd suggest we just call him by his real name, Shane Sutton.
'Whistleblower' is not an accurate description of someone who strategically feeds crumbles to the press in order to take heat off himself and to get back at some people who he feels didn't support him during the troubled times he suffered having been falsely accused of sexism and bullying by Varnish.

I was replying to the DCMS/ UKAD investigation statement/question. Since no one has said they were the "whistle blower" I thought it best to leave it at that. As the jiffy bag story came via the Daily Mail it could be one and the same person.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...eached-no-needles-allegation?CMP=share_btn_tw

Technically the DCMS committee info was within the rules - but the jiffy bag could be breaking them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...investigate-Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-Team-Sky.html

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Robert5091 said:
I was replying to the DCMS/ UKAD investigation statement/question. Since no one has said they were the "whistle blower" I thought it best to leave it at that. As the jiffy bag story came via the Daily Mail it could be one and the same person.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...eached-no-needles-allegation?CMP=share_btn_tw

Technically the DCMS committee info was within the rules - but the jiffy bag could be breaking them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...investigate-Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-Team-Sky.html
cheers, and agree.

Sutton is clearly leaking very strategically, probably thinking the stuff he leaks is good enough to get some heat off himself, and good enough to show a few people they shouldn't mess with him...but without being really incriminating.
All the leaks hitherto fit that mold (armistests, jiffybag, salzwedel/ellingworth, the DCMS letter, Froome's Ventoux file), and I think they're all coming from Sutton. It doesn't make sense that all those leaks would be coming from various different people.
As for the jiffybag, Sutton probably underestimated the impact it would have.

sniper said:
Robert5091 said:

cheers, and agree.

Sutton is clearly leaking very strategically, probably thinking the stuff he leaks is good enough to get some heat off himself, and good enough to show a few people they shouldn't mess with him...but without being really incriminating.
All the leaks hitherto fit that mold (armistests, jiffybag, salzwedel/ellingworth, the DCMS letter, Froome's Ventoux file), and I think they're all coming from Sutton. It doesn't make sense that all those leaks would be coming from various different people.
As for the jiffybag, Sutton probably underestimated the impact it would have.
As did Bradley Wiggins...

42x16ss said:
Singer01 said:
Come on, a load of idiots being busted for a bit of toot has nothing to do with the clinic.
So it's safe to assume you felt the same way about Boonen in 2008/9?

Yes, professional cycling existed then.

i couldn't give a toss about anyone taking cocaine ever, and i've been watching cycling since 89, the sterotype that anyone from the UK began watching cycling since 2012 is as lazy as it is boring.

Singer01 said:
42x16ss said:
Singer01 said:
So it's safe to assume you felt the same way about Boonen in 2008/9?

Yes, professional cycling existed then.

i couldn't give a toss about anyone taking cocaine ever, and i've been watching cycling since 89, the sterotype that anyone from the UK began watching cycling since 2012 is as lazy as it is boring.

I agree.

Cycling viewership in the UK was low in 2012 and its low now. But isn't it Sky themselves who are the main authors of this stereotype by constantly trying to claim credit for how much cycling has increased as a sport in the UK since 2012. Though if that were true, TDF wouldnt be on ITV 4 still

So the Jiffy bag story has taken yet another twist. Doctor Richard Freeman has resigned his position from British cycling due to a protracted sickie.......lasting almost 6 months!!!! Too scared to give evidence is probably more accurate, a lie followed by a lie followed by a lie.

Re:

ontheroad said:
So the Jiffy bag story has taken yet another twist. Doctor Richard Freeman has resigned his position from British cycling due to a protracted sickie.......lasting almost 6 months!!!! Too scared to give evidence is probably more accurate, a lie followed by a lie followed by a lie.

yup...poor soul...and all he ever did was lose a laptop

wonder why he's getting so stressed............................??

Despite the years spent practicing on the team with the 'most zero' zero tolerance approach to doping and having a wealth of information to put them in the clear.......oh...wait a minute..........

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

wonder why he's getting so stressed............................??

He needs to go and see Chimp in Chief Steve Peters in order to get his "monkey mind" under control and return to peak performance :lol: :lol: :lol:

This Wiggins Sky Jiffy bag case is good proof of what they say about sociopaths. Freeman has clearly cracked and is no doubt ill with ulcers from all the worry. All whilst Wiggins and Brailsford carry on cool as cucumbers.

Just like Lance Armstrong. They have no guilt gene.