• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brits don't dope?

Page 168 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...y-bears-premier-league-athletes-a8274816.html
The UK anti-doping agency, which holds thousands of sports stars’ drug test details and medical records, has been hit by a cyber attack.

The Independent can reveal that staff at the agency’s London headquarters were called into a meeting on Monday morning, where they were informed of the breach and sent home.

Premier League footballers, high-profile cyclists and well-known Olympic athletes are among those whose data is held on Ukad servers.

Previous hacks on anti-doping agencies have revealed detailed medical information of some of the world’s leading athletes, sending shockwaves through the sport and geopolitical communities.

A Ukad spokesperson confirmed the agency had been the subject of a cyber attack but claimed it was unsuccessful and that they believed no data had been lost.

Ooh! :)

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Robert5091 said:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...y-bears-premier-league-athletes-a8274816.html
The UK anti-doping agency, which holds thousands of sports stars’ drug test details and medical records, has been hit by a cyber attack.

The Independent can reveal that staff at the agency’s London headquarters were called into a meeting on Monday morning, where they were informed of the breach and sent home.

Premier League footballers, high-profile cyclists and well-known Olympic athletes are among those whose data is held on Ukad servers.

Previous hacks on anti-doping agencies have revealed detailed medical information of some of the world’s leading athletes, sending shockwaves through the sport and geopolitical communities.

A Ukad spokesperson confirmed the agency had been the subject of a cyber attack but claimed it was unsuccessful and that they believed no data had been lost.

Ooh! :)

UKAD tries its hardest to avoid finding out bad stuff about British athletes ("No bad news before Rio!")

So no data has been lost because there was nothing of interest for the Fancy Bears to hack

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Re:

53*11 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fancy-bears-hackers-linked-to-failed-cyber-attack-on-uk-anti-doping/
interesting development..

So on the one hand UKAD says "no electronic systems [are] live at the moment [and] it’s probably going to take 24 hours for the systems to back online, while they’re doing their appraisal of the systems"

But on the other hand UKAD says it “can confirm that no data has been lost or compromised”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Re:

spetsa said:
Alpe73 said:
fmk_RoI said:
So. No one really cares that one 'doping' doctor has been removed from the (British) scene, all people seem to care about is the hundreds - nay, thousands! - of athletes he doped and who haven't been punished for their deviancy. Here's what the MPTS 'reasoned decision' had to say about those thousands - nay, hundreds of thousands! - of other athletes Bonar is alleged to have doped:
c. purported that you had provided a similar treatment programme to a number of other ‘elite’ athletes in various sports to improve their athletic performance.
Found proved

70. The Tribunal had regard to Dr Bonar’s Rule 7 response, as well as the video recording and transcript of the consultation. In Dr Bonar’s Rule 7 response he does not deny purporting to have provided similar treatment programmes to other elite athletes, stating:
‘I was simply ‘over selling’ my practice to a businessman who had offered me a lucrative contract working with a number of amateur athletes. It was no more than ‘business banter’ and there was no substance or truth behind the grandiose statements. In hindsight, they were ill-advised and I regret saying them.’
71. During the consultation itself Dr Bonar informed Mr B that he had worked
with:
‘… boxers, tennis players, cricketers, what’s it called – the UFC I have got a guy who is quite high up there in that as well… I see quite a few of the cyclists… I haven’t worked with any runners so you would probably be my first runner, but I’ve worked with pretty much every other sport.’
72. Based on these comments, the Tribunal was satisfied that Dr Bonar purported to have provided similar treatment programmes to other elite athletes; Dr Bonar denies actually having done so, but that is not the Allegation as put by the GMC. Accordingly, the Tribunal found paragraph 4(c) of the Allegation proved.
Elsewhere in the decision, there's this:
26. Lastly, the Tribunal noted that Dr Bonar himself asserted that he was untruthful during his consultations with Patient A and Mr B. In response to the Allegation (subsequently found proved by this Tribunal) that Dr Bonar purported that he had provided a similar treatment programme to a number of elite athletes in order to improve their performance, Dr Bonar wrote:
‘I was simply ‘over selling’ my practice to a businessman who had offered me a lucrative contract working with a number of amateur athletes. It was no more than ‘business banter’ and there was no substance or truth behind the grandiose statements.’
Not only did Dr Bonar claim to have worked with a number of elite athletes, but he also named an alleged patient who was in the public eye. The Tribunal determined that Dr Bonar’s false claims were potentially damaging to Patient A, as well as to the reputation of the profession as a whole. It had particular regard to paragraphs 66 and 68 of GMP, which set out that:
‘You must always be honest about your experience, qualifications and current role.’

‘You must be honest and trustworthy in all your communication with patients… This means you must make clear the limits of your knowledge and make reasonable checks to make sure any information you give is accurate’
If Dr Bonar is to be believed, he was untruthful with Patient A about his experience and current role and intended to mislead him in these respects. The Tribunal found that this is neither honest nor trustworthy.
It's actually kind of funny, in a sweet way: they could bust him for bragging without having to go any more bother. I mean, busted is busted.

The only Q is, are UKAD now paying more attention to Dr Bonar's former patients, just in case it wasn't just 'banter'?

Cost-Benefit analysis ... one of the best tests on the market. Everyone should get the App. :geek:

Your continued posting of nonsense, which you may find humorous, adds nothing.

Put him on ignore then.

At the very least it'll save the rest of us from having to scroll through your endless and pointless whining about him.

Wiggo's Package said:
53*11 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fancy-bears-hackers-linked-to-failed-cyber-attack-on-uk-anti-doping/

So on the one hand UKAD says "no electronic systems [are] live at the moment [and] it’s probably going to take 24 hours for the systems to back online, while they’re doing their appraisal of the systems"

But on the other hand UKAD says it “can confirm that no data has been lost or compromised”

The problem with Fancy Bears is they have no idea what to look for in the data. They need a Cambridge Analytica to assist in the data mining. They’ve got to do some pattern matching in the data, in the same was the work was done on the leaked IAAF blood data.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

thehog said:
Wiggo's Package said:
53*11 said:

The problem with Fancy Bears is they have no idea what to look for in the data. They need a Cambridge Analytica to assist in the data mining. They’ve got to do some pattern matching in the data, in the same was the work was done on the leaked IAAF blood data.

The Fancy Bears' TUE dump was certainly hit and miss

Finding out genuine asthmatics had TUEs for low level asthma meds pre-2010 was not of interest

They hit the target with Wiggo's TUEs though :razz:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Two British asthma patients 1 and 2 on the toughest climb in Europe!

You can only imagine how good they would have been without this terrible hindrance

Can you imagine if Merckx had asthma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

cRgnTsB.png

rick james said:
MartinGT said:
Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.
So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?

wrong century it seems

So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.

MartinGT said:
rick james said:
MartinGT said:
Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.
So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?

wrong century it seems

So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.
So soon? The child was born a year ago.

thehog said:
Parker":j49u4fb6]Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome [i]and[/i] Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels. [img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://i.imgur.com/cRgnTsB.png</span>[/img][/quote] Harry needs a straight leg jean. It’s all wrong how the cut flows over his boots.[/quote][quote="Parker said:
Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

cRgnTsB.png

I'm just so inescapably in love with Froomy?

https://youtu.be/_zMN-MBO10I

So UK has become the new hub for creating GT/Week long/Classics/stage winners........

If Yates wins La Vuelta, the new precedent set for UK riders is to win all 3 GT in one year...... :eek: :eek the new normal?
... and YES, Spaniards, Italians, Belgians have done it in the past, but because UK not having that historic tradition in the sport this new achievement keeps adding up to the distrust in the UK riders, given the fact that all the grand wins started happening once SKY in combination with the UK bicycling program under Brailsford was created.....

UKAD must be happy knowing all its riders are "clean" and smashing it across the globe :D

TRENDING THREADS