Brits don't dope?

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
MartinGT said:
Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.
So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?

wrong century it seems
So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.

Re: Re:

MartinGT said:
rick james said:
MartinGT said:
Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.
So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?

wrong century it seems
So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.
So soon? The child was born a year ago.

thehog said:
Parker":j49u4fb6]Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome [i]and[/i] Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels. [img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://i.imgur.com/cRgnTsB.png</span>[/img][/quote] Harry needs a straight leg jean. It’s all wrong how the cut flows over his boots.[/quote][quote="Parker said:
Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

I'm just so inescapably in love with Froomy?

https://youtu.be/_zMN-MBO10I

So UK has become the new hub for creating GT/Week long/Classics/stage winners........

If Yates wins La Vuelta, the new precedent set for UK riders is to win all 3 GT in one year...... :eek: :eek the new normal?
... and YES, Spaniards, Italians, Belgians have done it in the past, but because UK not having that historic tradition in the sport this new achievement keeps adding up to the distrust in the UK riders, given the fact that all the grand wins started happening once SKY in combination with the UK bicycling program under Brailsford was created.....

UKAD must be happy knowing all its riders are "clean" and smashing it across the globe :D

hfer07 said:
So UK has become the new hub for creating GT/Week long/Classics/stage winners........

If Yates wins La Vuelta, the new precedent set for UK riders is to win all 3 GT in one year...... :eek: :eek the new normal?
... and YES, Spaniards, Italians, Belgians have done it in the past, but because UK not having that historic tradition in the sport this new achievement keeps adding up to the distrust in the UK riders, given the fact that all the grand wins started happening once SKY in combination with the UK bicycling program under Brailsford was created.....

UKAD must be happy knowing all its riders are "clean" and smashing it across the globe :D
Have they?

I can only trace two occasions in history where one nation swept all 3 GTs, although there are a few occasions of one nation sweeping the Giro and Tour before the Vuelta existed, and indeed the Vuelta was very much a poor relation until the early 80s, or the mid 90s depending on your stance (it's still the runt of the GT litter to this day but has clearly increased its standing, if not to parity then at least somewhere in the same ballpark, whereas back in the 60s and 70s it was essentially the 'other' three week race and actively biased itself against Spanish riders in an attempt to make the race more internationally recognised).

Those are 1964, when Poulidor won the Vuelta and then Anquetil won the Giro and Tour, and 2008, when Contador won the Giro, then Sastre won the Tour, then Contador won the Vuelta. There are other examples of three in a row for a country but never in the same year (e.g. Merckx 1970 Giro and Tour, Bracke 1971 Vuelta; and when the Vuelta was cancelled in 1949 that allowed the Italians to win four GTs on the bounce - two Giri and two Tours. There's also Merckx and Hinault winning everything within a 12 month period, of course, and with Froome being allowed to keep his 2017 Vuelta he joins that roster.

But if Yates were to hold on to win the Vuelta, this would mark the first time in the history of cycling that one nation would win all three Grand Tours in the same year, with three different riders and the first time in history that the same nation won five back to back Grand Tours (Spain has managed 5/6 before, over 2008 and 2009, but Menchov interrupted that run in the Giro). However, before we get ahead of ourselves, let's let him actually achieve that first.

Re:

rick james said:
one is African....you know folk like to keep telling us he's a magic Kenyan
Reminds me of a joke, a Kenyan, Welshman and an Englishman walk into a bar..what can I get you asks the barman, a Giro, Tour and a Vuelta thank you. No problem. Accept the fact peoples, the Brits are just exercising their God given right of superiority. Yes, this is a troll post but unfortunately so many of the Brit defenders on here actually deep down believe that crap.

Jul 29, 2016
Re:

Benotti69 said:
2 proven British dopers win 2 of the 3 GTs.

Other won by another British late bloomer.

Brits dont dope.
And UKADA is the best anti doping agency in the world. Are they have close collaboration with Russian one?

Heh when Sky first announced their coming and them and DB wanting a Brit to win the TDF in 5 years I thought they were nuts. Now 3 british riders, different ones, win all GT's in 1 season. Something which NEVER has been done.

Yes there have been countries winning all GT in 1 season, but usually 2/3 were won by the same rider.

This is insane

Brits do dope but so does everyone else. It's obvious that British dope is miles ahead of Colombian dope, French dope, or Belgian dope. Russian and American dope is just pathetic these days.

The sport is what it is so the choice is either to enjoy the WWE on wheels or find something else to follow.

The e-bikes are kind of getting out of hand though. They make the sport way less entertaining to watch.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts