• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Brits don't dope?

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
samhocking said:
Not only guilty of doping, but guilty of not suffering too. Must be some very special asthma medication cycling's using!

Well especially whilst Sky constantly using the 'hardest sporting event on the planet' narrative. That's freaking annoying.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Interesting, that the rise of anglo-saxons in GT is that connected with alleged use of motors in cycling. According to newest french book Varjas sold first small motor in late 1998. The information about motor doping spreaded about 2010.

First is coincidently connected with rise of Postal, second with Sky.

Re:

lartiste said:
Interesting, that the rise of anglo-saxons in GT is that connected with alleged use of motors in cycling. According to newest french book Varjas sold first small motor in late 1998. The information about motor doping spreaded about 2010.

You know the guy that’s won the most for these Anglo Saxons that are on the rise is African

rick james said:
[quote="lartiste":zq0e3tud]Interesting, that the rise of anglo-saxons in GT is that connected with alleged use of motors in cycling. According to newest french book Varjas sold first small motor in late 1998. The information about motor doping spreaded about 2010.

You know the guy that’s won the most for these Anglo Saxons that are on the rise is African[/quote]

who does he ride for in the olympics?

ngent41 said:
rick james said:
[quote="lartiste":1z83lrsz]Interesting, that the rise of anglo-saxons in GT is that connected with alleged use of motors in cycling. According to newest french book Varjas sold first small motor in late 1998. The information about motor doping spreaded about 2010.

You know the guy that’s won the most for these Anglo Saxons that are on the rise is African

who does he ride for in the olympics?[/quote]

yes the mighty Great Britain and Northern Ireland , but he is African, he was born in Africa....class him Anglo Saxon all you want but he isn't

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
I would need more evidence than that to consider him doping with Terb, sorry.

A 4 month ban for abanned substance.

No documentary proof of childhood asthma and of course you believe him.

:lol:

One born every minute.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

One born every minute.

again you have no right to know every single bit of detail about the personal life of a pro cyclist

If said cyclist would like his wins to be viewed as believable said cyclist should prove a history of an illness for which he claims to need medicine, which is also a PED, for.

If not well said cyclist (nor his fans) cannot whinge about being viewed like nearly all his predecessors who have won GTs as a dirty doper.

:)

PS Callum Skinner had no problem producing his documentary evidence of asthma from childhood. A UK cyclist set the bar, pity others cant follow.......but there is a reason for not being able to produce the documents.....it is called doping. But you know this and continue to try and obfuscate.

Pennino said:
Huapango said:
samhocking said:

My biggest takeaway from the victories of Wiggin, Froome, Thomas and now Yates is how effortlessly they won their grand tours. Froome has done a good job of acting the last few years, but they all seemed to have won without doing much suffering. Please don't give me bs about the great teams they were on, if you're climbing an HC mountain and you're on a bad day you will suffer.

True that. It's highly annoying seeing them winning HC-stages, dropping the rest of the field like stones, without giving the impression of being devastated.
Tell me of these HC wins of Wiggins.

Re:

samhocking said:
Yates TUE was already granted for asthma by UCI from what i've read about his case, it's just that the doctor failed to include terbutaline. ie he had a TUE for Salbutomol, but declared he had taken Terbutaline on his Paris Nice control form.

You are 100% correct - The doctor forgot to apply for a TUE while Yates listed the substance on his document control form.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
Yates TUE was already granted for asthma by UCI from what i've read about his case, it's just that the doctor failed to include terbutaline. ie he had a TUE for Salbutomol, but declared he had taken Terbutaline on his Paris Nice control form.

And just to prove to everyone he is on the up ( an English expression i believe), he produced historical documents proving he is a long time asthmatic.

Cycling has always been a sport where the culture to dope is the norm. Show me where and how that has changed that it is now possible for a clean rider to win a 3 week long endurance race over riders who are doping to beat the band!

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

One born every minute.

He confirmed asthma since childhood with UCI.

He didn't produce evidence.

to you he didn't, he doesn't have to prove it to you

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

And just to prove to everyone he is on the up ( an English expression i believe), he produced historical documents proving he is a long time asthmatic.

Cycling has always been a sport where the culture to dope is the norm. Show me where and how that has changed that it is now possible for a clean rider to win a 3 week long endurance race over riders who are doping to beat the band!

you seem confused, you are the one claiming things, its up to you to show proof....and your opinion doesn't count for proof

You simply can't get the TUE without medical evidence of having asthma. Without that attached to your TUE Application it will simply be rejected. Now, we can argue his statement is untrue that he's not had asthma since childhood or we can argue his team doctor and GP/Consultant faked lung function tests and that he's had it since childhood and we can argue UCI ignored everything or accepted everything using some evidence, but if that's all true, then 'everyone' in the peloton can and would do the same, if such fakery easily gains them an advantage in Grand Tours so still doesn't explain Yate's success over them anyway.

Mayo from Mayo said:
rick james said:
Mayo from Mayo said:
rick james said:
For Queen and country

Be nice if the 3 'Brits' paid taxes to queen and country.

Do Andorrans and Monegasques dope?

their tax business has nothing to do with you

I'd have thought it may concern an uber fleg waving Brit like yourself.

Nobody has a problem with Sagan living in Monaco not paying his tax, but he's not British lol! Maybe Slovakians are up in arms about him?

TRENDING THREADS