• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CycloAndy said:
It's hard to tell. They didn't join Sky because of a lack of personal opportunities at Sky due to the wealth of leaders already at Sky and the fact that they'd need to prove themselves as doms first. However, now they've had time to prove themselves, if Wiggins (retirement/track) and Porte (potential swap) were no longer about, then they might get the assurances at Sky they want.

I agree with this, and let's not forget Sky can offer them (within reason) any contract they want financially.

Was sure this would be a race too far given his schedule, but he seemed to keep on hanging on in there, and then drop nearly all of the chasing group on the final steep section! Couldn't believe it when he rolled in in eighth.

Has fully-cemented my feverish, fanboy status!

Really happy for Adam today, like I said on the race thread that's a great performance.

Even after his results last year I tried to stay calm an collected as he has a long way to go but he keeps improving and was climbing with the worlds best (minus Quintana) today. Chapeau!

This guy is going to be a star. All aboard...

Waterloo Sunrise said:
4 months and 4 days a pro, first 2.HC in the bag.

Get on the train, it's nearly too late to say you were in at the ground floor of this mixed metaphor.

Pricey_sky said:
Really happy for Adam today, like I said on the race thread that's a great performance.

Even after his results last year I tried to stay calm an collected as he has a long way to go but he keeps improving and was climbing with the worlds best (minus Quintana) today. Chapeau!

This guy is going to be a star. All aboard...

Too late mate, sorry. ;)

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Kid has potential, perhaps GT-winner potential. Still, I said the same thing of Anton nearly 10 years ago, then in came the injuries and bad luck.

theyoungest said:
Such a great decision of theirs not to join Sky... look how youngsters of equal or perhaps bigger talent are faring there right now: Dombrowski, Edmondson, Boswell, where the hell are they?

Slugging it out all day on the front of the peloton:eek:

On another not I see Simon is due to return to racing after his crash on thursday:)

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Such a great decision of theirs not to join Sky... look how youngsters of equal or perhaps bigger talent are faring there right now: Dombrowski, Edmondson, Boswell, where the hell are they?

Where's the like button?

Wiggo to Orica as mega-dom for Adam :cool:

TRENDING THREADS